The Soul, the Aeolian Body, Death, the Mistranslation of the Word Spirit, and the Wind of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If I didn't care about believing the actual truth
oh jeez look the actual truth would melt you like a puddle, same as us, people should not even be allowed to say words like "always, never" or "truth" imo.

Until you can reveal where the 95%+ of the universe is that no one else can find, do yourself a favor and eschew the word "truth," which is strictly a way to advertise that you don't know either imo. "The truth is" always precedes a perspective that cannot possibly allow for every eventuality, and must always remain specific to that one, right. All are deceived

You are making an important point imo, that contains truth; expect to be mocked and challenged, and expect that readers will dismiss your msg if you lose your way here imo. peace

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh jeez look the actual truth would melt you like a puddle, same as us, people should not even be allowed to say words like "always, never" or "truth" imo.

Until you can reveal where the 95%+ of the universe is that no one else can find, do yourself a favor and eschew the word "truth," which is strictly a way to advertise that you don't know either imo. "The truth is" always precedes a perspective that cannot possibly allow for every eventuality, and must always remain specific to that one, right. All are deceived

You are making an important point imo, that contains truth; expect to be mocked and challenged, and expect that readers will dismiss your msg if you lose your way here imo. peace
Sometimes what you say makes a lot of sense, but that which doesn't agree precisely or seems to diminish or tear down another person's strongly held beliefs/doctrines/essentials may well get you into trouble. This is OK so long as you are Ok with it and God on your side is OK with it. I am agreeing with your essentials although some of the words for me would not fit well.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sometimes what you say makes a lot of sense, but that which doesn't agree precisely or seems to diminish or tear down another person's strongly held beliefs/doctrines/essentials may well get you into trouble. This is OK so long as you are Ok with it and God on your side is OK with it. I am agreeing with your essentials although some of the words for me would not fit well.
well, i have a blind spot there, ya, it is really hard to interpret...oneself to others sometimes, huh. I'd be interested to hear what words aren't right to you there, after all that kinda is the point here right? And if all we get is another perspective of SiT, that's ok too i guess

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i have a blind spot there, ya, it is really hard to interpret...oneself to others sometimes, huh. I'd be interested to hear what words aren't right to you there, after all that kinda is the point here right? And if all we get is another perspective of SiT, that's ok too i guess

This somehow reminded me of Moses when he asked to see God's glory and was told that no man might see God's face and live. Moses was hidden in the clift of a rock to protect him from the fullness of God's glory and then was actually only allowed to the back parts of God [Exodus 32].

In another place David was told to seek God's face and agreed to do so.

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalm 27:8

What happens when we exposed to God's glory without proper preparation or covering?

"Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego." Dan 3:22

To me this is the melting like a puddle you mentioned.

Jesus speaks of seeming the same lack of preparation or covering in a slightly different way here:

"And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matt 22:12-13

This is where I probably would have worded it differently because you provided a definite percentage with the "95%+". This reminded me of a pastor of mine many years ago who trying to impress people on how much his group or church knew said in effect, "We have probably already have at least 90% of God's truth for us". Maybe they did, but I doubt it seriously.

Perhaps his intention was simply to say that they had so much more than any other church or denomination but to me it was a definite that we couldn't really know. So I try to be careful with what I say in this respect because I know that there is a lot that I do not know. How can I honestly say that I only have about 5 or even 10% more to learn? Am I only short by 5 or 10% of knowing correctly all that God has for men? Perhaps with this you now understand what I meant by saying "some of the words for me would not fit well"

You were close to backing into the same kind of a statement, but so while I understood your meaning it still did not quite fit... if you get my meaning If I had 100% of God's truth in my heart and always acted correctly on all of that truth...etc. but I don't. Who does?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This is where I probably would have worded it differently because you provided a definite percentage with the "95%+". This reminded me of a pastor of mine many years ago who trying to impress people on how much his group or church knew said in effect, "We have probably already have at least 90% of God's truth for us". Maybe they did, but I doubt it seriously.
ah, well i hope you understand that the 95% is just a quote, and i guess that would be considered an estimate as well; so a better wording might have included "that we have reliably estimated" or something, yes.

And we are understanding that that means we can only find 5%, right?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Am I only short by 5 or 10% of knowing correctly all that God has for men? Perhaps with this you now understand what I meant by saying "some of the words for me would not fit well"
maybe i didn't phrase it right up there, but my meaning was that 95% of creation is "dark" to us, we can only perceive 5%!
The point being that a person who can only perceive 5% of the truth they are swimming in should maybe not be very confident about their grasp on Truth. So hopefully we are agreeing here?

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, well i hope you understand that the 95% is just a quote, and i guess that would be considered an estimate as well; so a better wording might have included "that we have reliably estimated" or something, yes.

And we are understanding that that means we can only find 5%, right?
This is closer to what I thought you meant in spite of words. People get very concerned at times about which Bible translation they use, but then they often miss God's message or if they do understand the message they still excuse themselves from following what they have understood. What good is even 5% understanding if you're not really willing to go the Lord's Way? Will God override us when we decide to ignore His message in favor of what feels good?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe i didn't phrase it right up there, but my meaning was that 95% of creation is "dark" to us, we can only perceive 5%!
The point being that a person who can only perceive 5% of the truth they are swimming in should maybe not be very confident about their grasp on Truth. So hopefully we are agreeing here?
Only perceiving 5% is certainly more likely to be the case. Yes, we are agreeing. You have emphasized in several posts on different threads lately the inability of people to encounter absolutes in the scripture or in God that they are able to quote from scripture. This goes along closely with my own belief that we need to remain open to change in even those things we have long considered essential to our faith or belief or doctrine or...whatever it is that supposedly are following. It comes back to loving the truth, God's truth, even though we cannot correctly see it all at the moment. This way when we lean on Him, will He not fill in any necessary blanks or correct any serious errors? What was it that the following young man lacked?

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?" Matt 19:17-20

What is it that we lack? Doubtless it will not be precisely the same thing for each one of us.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It comes back to loving the truth, God's truth, even though we cannot correctly see it all at the moment.
word.

I would contrast this with the many seers we have here right now
religion attracts deterministic seers who proclaim themselves God
who then don't understand why they feel it is them alone against the world,
hence twice the son of hell you are and seven worse spirits
imo.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What was it that the following young man lacked?
i love how that is put, being as how the guy had everything material, right.
He was looking to add something iow, rather than take something away

How long before we hear a sermon on "You want to be baptised into Eternal Life? No problem. Go and give everything you own away, but not to me, i don't want it either, and then come back and we can talk about the ritual"
lol, that guy would be out of bidness tomorrow i guess

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "spirit" does not exist in the original Greek and Hebrew manuscripts, therefore it should no longer be used, because "spirit" does not exist, the correct word to use is "breath" or "wind", for that is what the authors of the scriptures intended to convey with what gives man life, not spirit, but moving air, which is our breath, and the form angels transform into, which is wind, which is invisible to the eye, which is called an aeolian body, which is a body of wind, for angels are able to transform into different forms from their form of flesh and bones, which is the body of a man, where aside from transforming into an aeolian body, they are also able to transform into a form of fire, which is a pyronian body, which is the form Moses saw the angel that appeared to him in a burn burning bush, which corresponds with "he makes his angels winds, and his servants flames of fire", for unlike the bodies of man that descend from Adam, angels possess bodies of power, able to transform into different forms. And when an angel takes this form of wind, then he is called "set-apart wind", which is erroneously translated as "holy spirit", for a wind that is set-apart is referring to a body of wind in which an angel of God exists in, which is how it is set apart from other ordinary winds.

Read the full study here The Soul, the Aeolian Body, Death, the Mistranslation of the Word Spirit, and the Identity of the Airflow of God | Wisdom of God .
Very interesting. Love this kind of food for thought.