The Story of The Easter Eggs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, do you guys mind if I just rock out for a bit? :cool:

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by that? You saw the picture right? (I edited it in after I accidentally pressed reply right away. XD)

Yeah, I saw your edit, but also you forgot an 's' somewheres and I won't say where...

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone asked me what eggs have to do with Jesus. I said absolutely nothing. He said he learned in his religions class that easter is a christian holiday and might dye or hide eggs. I said his class was technically wrong. And he got mad at me. Lol.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone asked me what eggs have to do with Jesus. I said absolutely nothing. He said he learned in his religions class that easter is a christian holiday and might dye or hide eggs. I said his class was technically wrong. And he got mad at me. Lol.

Obviously you didn't read my OP as eggs do have a lot to do with Jesus and His resurrection and new life. That's what it talks about in the OP article that I posted. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and for the record I love Jesus a LOT, more than I used to actually,.. but I also don't see any harm or sin in having fun with Easter as long as we remember what it's truly about. :)

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mind explaining it better or a different way then?
Ask me what it is yer having troubles understanding, and I'll try to explains it.
It's HIStory. And usually only interesting if one is concerned or curious as to "what" changes that have now become "traditions/precepts of man", and "why" they were implemented "when" they were implemented. And? How some things are "perceived" to be, or mean 1 thing, as long as one "goes along to get along." And doesn't ask too many questions. Or, do ones' own researchings.

IOW? Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to. :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i did read your first post. i guess it is up to anyone if they want to see this that way. love to you. :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious but why do you feel convicted? Also tagging @JohnDB since we were discussing this privately and I wanted to ask him and everybody else on here reading this do you have an egg cooker or have you ever heard of one before?

I just boil them for 12 minutes exactly and then immediately cool them with cold water and ice water.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For anybody curious should we dye them and why we do. :)

Easter Eggs: History, Origin, Symbolism And Traditions | HuffPost

Huffington Post? They're coming at us with a Pagan idea again. This reminds me of pagan Halloween and Christmas. Someone in history that was Pagan painted eggs and now Easter is a pagan ritual too. I see what they're trying to do, they're saying what is good is bad so you feel shame about Christianity, it's a liberal agenda move. I wouldn't buy it and I think Huffington Post is liberal anyways. I found this about their stance online: "The Huffington Post identifies itself as an overtly liberal news and information site, which is consistent with the AllSides blind bias rating studies."

I'll stay on track with the Orthodox Christian narrative.

Easter egg - Wikipedia

From the article:

Although eggs, in general, were a traditional symbol of fertility and rebirth, in Christianity, for the celebration of Eastertide, Easter eggs symbolize the empty tomb of Jesus, from which Jesus was resurrected. In addition, one ancient tradition was the staining of Easter eggs with the colour red "in memory of the blood of Christ, shed as at that time of his crucifixion."

This custom of the Easter egg, according to many sources, can be traced to early Christians of Mesopotamia, and from there it spread into Eastern Europe and Siberia through the Orthodox Churches, and later into Europe through the Catholic and Protestant Churches. Other sources maintain that the custom arose in western Europe during the Middle Ages as a result of the fact that Western Christians were prohibited from eating eggs during Lent, but were allowed to eat them when Easter arrived.

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's an egg cooker. I got mine attached to the toaster eggactly (lol see what I did there? :p) like this. :D

View attachment 14122
Hahaha, cute. But can't have over easy, or scrambled, or poached...just hard or soft boiled eggs. Now, mine can do all of that! Here it is :)

depositphotos_68885769-stock-photo-pots-and-pans.jpg

18759598_fpx.tif

:D

Reactions: April_Rose and Tone

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leviticus 19:31 NIV — “ ‘Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.

3 John 1:11 NKJV — Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God.