The Story of The Easter Eggs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha, cute. But can't have over easy, or scrambled, or poached...just hard or soft boiled eggs. Now, mine can do all of that! Here it is :)

depositphotos_68885769-stock-photo-pots-and-pans.jpg

18759598_fpx.tif

:D

Lol

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easter has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ. Instead, it is another pagan insertion and mixture that goes back to Nimrod and Mystery Babylon... which of course, is tied to the Beast and Antichrist.

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the "discerning" the "many are called.....few are chosen" words that Jesus spoke generally at the end of a "teaching/lecture/sermon", as were also "those with eyes....those with ears", and "the first shall be last....last shall be first" :
In NO WAY means that those not chosen are not saved! God KNOWS one's heart.
Yet, in a similar teaching manner, educating (or trying to anyway...lol), as "few chosen" is rather ambiguous as to an actual "count", or number. That which it takes to not merely DEFEND the faith, but, at least from these eyes and fingers CONTEND FOR the Faith which our Heavenly Father SENT to us gentiles by means of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, as well Paul, who was "commissioned" to spread this Good News TO us gentiles.
Christians are NOT 2nd class citizens, as those "Of the world", although, the world would PREFER us to be! As they continually, and relentlessly "roll over us!"

STAND!

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think during the reign of Constantine, when Christianity was still fairly young? He ORDERED this "compromise" betweenst the heathen and True Christians in order to maintain peace within his kingdom.
Same goes for halloween too! And also, although it's not celebrated much anymore in the states "may day." (euphimoric baal worship. same same with the columns we see in modern architecture
In the link, it refers to that "goddess of fertility" as "estore", to which they "seemingly" cannot find much about her. Had they researched "ishtar?" (easter) hey would have fared much better. :)
Ahhhh, yes - the old, "Blame Constantine" game whenever somebody doesn't know their history.

The fact is that the OP is right on the money when it comes to the tradition of Easter eggs. They have absolutely NOTHING to do with th Easter bunny or ancient fertility goddesses - or Constantine.

As for your "Easter/Ishtar" nonsense - do your homework and use some common sense.
First of all - "Easter" is an ENGLISH word. English is a reliatively NEW language on the world stage. It is virtually impossible that "Ishtar" morphed into "Easter", when English wasn't even around at the time.

Secondly - Easter is known as Pesach or Pash or Pasque or Pascha or Pasqua, etc around the world. So - unless your goddess wa named "Pascha" or something like that - your entire case circles the drain of common sense.

THIRDLY, some philologists say that the English "Easter" comes from the word "east", referring to the rising of the sun, a metaphor for the Resurrection of Christ (see Malachi 4:2). The Dictionary of Bible and Religion mentions yet another possible origin:

"More recent studies seem to indicate that Easter may be derived from the Latin phrase hebdomada alba, the old term for Easter week based upon the wearing of white robes by the newly baptized. The octave of Easter, the following week, was known as post albas, the time when the white robes were put away....Easter may thus mean "white" and be named from early Christian baptismal practices."
{"Easter", The Dictionary of Bible and Religion, (Nashville, TN: Abingdon, 1986) 287}

So, instead of automatically blamig Constantine for introducing paganism into Christianity - do your homework . . .

Reactions: April_Rose

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easter has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ. Instead, it is another pagan insertion and mixture that goes back to Nimrod and Mystery Babylon... which of course, is tied to the Beast and Antichrist.
My advice to YOU is to read post #45 carefully - and STOP reading Jack Chick tracts.
In other words - do your homework . . .

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My advice to YOU is to read post #45 carefully - and STOP reading Jack Chick tracts.
In other words - do your homework . . .
If you call being taken to the vatican to meet with the Jesuit black pope as a child, for satanic ritual purposes "homework" .... NO THANK YOU!!!!
I am NOT a liar .... get a grip and stop assuming things about me. I never mentioned YOU or Jack Chick ...I draw from my own experiences!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously you didn't read my OP as eggs do have a lot to do with Jesus and His resurrection and new life. That's what it talks about in the OP article that I posted. :)

That part is actually a lie though. It is a man made custom, but the eggs are from pagan roots. I know. I taught resurrection eggs and everything as a Kid's teacher. The resurrection is enough. No one went on egg hunts for Passover

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At any rate, there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus! His death, burial, and resurrection paid it all. I hope you all have a very blessed and Happy Resurrection Day. :) <3

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you were kidnapped by a "Black Pope" and ritually sacrificed as a child. Oyy . . .
Ummmmm, how is it that you are still here??

I have the name of a really good therapist you should probably call . . .
Again, you have twisted my words. Where did you see me say I was kidnapped by the black pope?? You are an accuser at best ...stop calling me a liar

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you have twisted my words. Where did you see me say I was kidnapped by the black pope?? You are an accuser at best ...stop calling me a liar
Hmmmmm, another FALSE accusation.
Where did I call you a "Liar"??

Please point me to the post.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmmm, another FALSE accusation.
Where did I call you a "Liar"??

Please point me to the post.
Post #49
I told you my true testimony and experience and you mocked me .... do you believe I made that up? Again... I am not a liar.
Your actions show your true heart. Any true man (or woman) of God would not stand for such things to be perpetrated on children.
I don't need to reply further to you... your replies thus far have shown me enough of your intent.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief - another "expert".
Your ignorance is on display . . .

What the OP said about Easter Eggs is historically accurate. The fact that YOU claim to have "taught" on the subject and believe this to be a "Lie" speaks VOLUMES amout your ignorance - not the accuracy of the article. You appear to know NOTHING about ancient Lenten pracices OR Orthodox traditions.

so, unless you can debunk the information in the article - I suggest you do your homework . . .

What I am saying is why do we put the Resurrection story in eggs? Jesus death and resurrection is enough. I was wrong. Eggs have nothing to do with the Bible. I read nothing about eggs in the Resurrection story. What I do know is I am not debating this with you. I don't care about the traditions of man. I care about the living God.

Reactions: NayborBear

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am saying is why do we put the Resurrection story in eggs? Jesus death and resurrection is enough. I was wrong. Eggs have nothing to do with the Bible. I read nothing about eggs in the Resurrection story. What I do know is I am not debating this with you. I don't care about the traditions of man. I care about the living God.
EVERYTHING we do as imperfect people is an attempt to understand.
When you teach a child the "ABC" song - you don't expect them to go through life singing this song and getting by. It's a LEARNING tool.

Easter eggs were a LEARNING tool for children. They were also something that people abstained from during Lent.
You've NEVER mage any crafts in Sunday school that helped the kids understand the Gospel?

Does the BIBLE say anythinhg about:
Accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior??
Personal Relationship with Christ??
Altar Calls??
Revival??
Sola Scriptura??

Then, why do YOU believe these things?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EVERYTHING we do as imperfect people is an attempt to understand.
When you teach a child the "ABC" song - you don't expect them to go through life singing this song and getting by. It's a LEARNING tool.

Easter eggs were a LEARNING tool for children. They were also something that people abstained from during Lent.
You've NEVER mage any crafts in Sunday school that helped the kids understand the Gospel?

Does the BIBLE say anythinhg about:
Accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior??
Personal Relationship with Christ??
Altar Calls??
Revival??
Sola Scriptura??

Then, why do YOU believe these things?

Because the Resurrection is enough. Why do you need to roll an egg away from Jesus tomb? Why can't you roll a stone away? It is what the Bible teaches. Eggs didn't help me understand the price Jesus paid for me one bit. It was just fun.

Reactions: amadeus

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhhh, yes - the old, "Blame Constantine" game whenever somebody doesn't know their history.

The fact is that the OP is right on the money when it comes to the tradition of Easter eggs. They have absolutely NOTHING to do with th Easter bunny or ancient fertility goddesses - or Constantine.

As for your "Easter/Ishtar" nonsense - do your homework and use some common sense.
First of all - "Easter" is an ENGLISH word. English is a reliatively NEW language on the world stage. It is virtually impossible that "Ishtar" morphed into "Easter", when English wasn't even around at the time.

Secondly - Easter is known as Pesach or Pash or Pasque or Pascha or Pasqua, etc around the world. So - unless your goddess wa named "Pascha" or something like that - your entire case circles the drain of common sense.

THIRDLY, some philologists say that the English "Easter" comes from the word "east", referring to the rising of the sun, a metaphor for the Resurrection of Christ (see Malachi 4:2). The Dictionary of Bible and Religion mentions yet another possible origin:

"More recent studies seem to indicate that Easter may be derived from the Latin phrase hebdomada alba, the old term for Easter week based upon the wearing of white robes by the newly baptized. The octave of Easter, the following week, was known as post albas, the time when the white robes were put away....Easter may thus mean "white" and be named from early Christian baptismal practices."
{"Easter", The Dictionary of Bible and Religion, (Nashville, TN: Abingdon, 1986) 287}

So, instead of automatically blamig Constantine for introducing paganism into Christianity - do your homework . . .

Alright....ALRIGHT!......I'll blame YOU then! After all you WERE there RIGHT?.....Just as you are HERE!

Go pray to yer devil goddess mary! Maybe she'll grant you some ABSOLUTION! That is, if you get on yer knees and "hail mary full of grace....why is it you wear molechs face!" X10!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mocked you because your in another post, YOU said that you "know for a FACT" that the Vatican engages in "child sacrifice" - then you implied that you know this by your OWN experience as a child.
This is nonsense - and that's why I believe your problems are mental - not physical.
You may not believe her @TLHKAJ testimony but I believe that through it she gives God the glory for bringing her out of a devilish mess into a walk with Him. To mock her testimony is I believe against the forum rules. By faith I do believe her testimony.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect that all the holidays are extremely pagan in origin.
A lot of what men do may have a pagan origin, but is it not possible to serve God in a pagan world?

How would communicate with people if we failed to use some of the assigned pagan designations for such things as the days of the week? Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. In each name we can find a pagan connection. We are not supposed to be "of" the world of carnal men, but we are certainly still "in" it.