The Story of The Easter Eggs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of what men do may have a pagan origin, but is it not possible to serve God in a pagan world?

Certainly!
How would communicate with people if we failed to use some of the assigned pagan designations for such things as the days of the week? Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. In each name we can find a pagan connection. We are not supposed to be "of" the world of carnal men, but we are certainly still "in" it.
Well said!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may not believe her @TLHKAJ testimony but I believe that through it she gives God the glory for bringing her out of a devilish mess into a walk with Him. To mock her testimony is I believe against the forum rules. By faith I do believe her testimony.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1
God bless you and thank you, @amadeus

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That part is actually a lie though. It is a man made custom, but the eggs are from pagan roots. I know. I taught resurrection eggs and everything as a Kid's teacher. The resurrection is enough. No one went on egg hunts for Passover

Hi Shara,
I did watch some of the sermon you posted. And the fact that the word "Easter" is used only in the KJV is a bit telling. And I agree with your pastor, it always means "Passover".
xo

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Shara,
I did watch some of the sermon you posted. And the fact that the word "Easter" is used only in the KJV is a bit telling. And I agree with your pastor, it always means "Passover".
xo

I like KJV. I was raised on it. But I am learning with more translations

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like KJV. I was raised on it. But I am learning with more translations
I do too, it is my main go to but, nothing is perfect. It is what I started on and, it is not all that hard to understand, especially with all the "tools" we have at our exposal.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huffington Post? They're coming at us with a Pagan idea again. This reminds me of pagan Halloween and Christmas. Someone in history that was Pagan painted eggs and now Easter is a pagan ritual too. I see what they're trying to do, they're saying what is good is bad so you feel shame about Christianity, it's a liberal agenda move. I wouldn't buy it and I think Huffington Post is liberal anyways. I found this about their stance online: "The Huffington Post identifies itself as an overtly liberal news and information site, which is consistent with the AllSides blind bias rating studies."

I'll stay on track with the Orthodox Christian narrative.

Easter egg - Wikipedia

From the article:

Although eggs, in general, were a traditional symbol of fertility and rebirth, in Christianity, for the celebration of Eastertide, Easter eggs symbolize the empty tomb of Jesus, from which Jesus was resurrected. In addition, one ancient tradition was the staining of Easter eggs with the colour red "in memory of the blood of Christ, shed as at that time of his crucifixion."

This custom of the Easter egg, according to many sources, can be traced to early Christians of Mesopotamia, and from there it spread into Eastern Europe and Siberia through the Orthodox Churches, and later into Europe through the Catholic and Protestant Churches. Other sources maintain that the custom arose in western Europe during the Middle Ages as a result of the fact that Western Christians were prohibited from eating eggs during Lent, but were allowed to eat them when Easter arrived.

I've just learned to block it all out. Way too many Christians look at things that are sinful that aren't. Would Jesus like dying eggs with children especially if it taught them about His resurrection? Probably most definitely. Would He like chocolate? I don't see why not. Would He also like watching children have fun and searching for eggs on Easter morning? I don't see why He wouldn't. I don't think He would condemn any of those things that we enjoy around Easter time as long as we know what it's really about. Btw, speaking of egg hunts this is really touching. :)

That part is actually a lie though. It is a man made custom, but the eggs are from pagan roots. I know. I taught resurrection eggs and everything as a Kid's teacher. The resurrection is enough. No one went on egg hunts for Passover

So are you calling the article a lie, me a liar, or the pastor that taught me that in the first place a liar?

Reactions: dev553344

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you feel about the Biblical Holy Days...out of curiosity?
Biblical holy days are types and shadows pointing to Jesus Christ.
There is a difference in true holy days, sabbaths, etc, and pagan ritualistic traditions.

Colossians 2:16-17 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: ¹⁷ Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical holy days are types and shadows pointing to Jesus Christ.
There is a difference in true holy days, sabbaths, etc, and pagan ritualistic traditions.

Colossians 2:16-17 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: ¹⁷ Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Yeah, I believe this goes both ways huh...not judging those who desire to keep them.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean, they are the Biblical Holy Days...I don't see why anybody wouldn't want to enjoy our freedom in Messiah to keep them, as He has torn down that wall of separation.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you calling the article a lie, me a liar, or the pastor that taught me that in the first place a liar?

It doesn't matter what I think. You need to go to God about it. Something can be factual and still be deceiving. Customs and traditions are of the world. God's ways are different then man's ways. That is all I am saying.

At any rate, I hope you still had a good Easter. My family did. It was very nice. :) Have a good night. Jesus is alive!

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean, they are the Biblical Holy Days...I don't see why anybody wouldn't want to enjoy our freedom in Messiah to keep them, as He has torn down that wall of separation.

7 Bible verses about Making Israel Jealous

I don't believe they get jealous over Easter and Christmas...

They're jealous over the Biblical things being enjoyed by "Gentiles"...maybe...

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what I think. You need to go to God about it. Something can be factual and still be deceiving. Customs and traditions are of the world. God's ways are different then man's ways. That is all I am saying.

At any rate, I hope you still had a good Easter. My family did. It was very nice. :) Have a good night. Jesus is alive!

Jesus is alive very much indeed and He told me that it's very silly to think any of things that I do for Easter is worth condemnation. :rolleyes: (Speaking for me personally and because He already knows that I love Him very much and I know what Easter is really about.)

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I really have to look them up sometime. I wonder how many there are

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really have to look them up sometime. I wonder how many there are

Good question!

Seven...there are seven, just like the branches of the Menorah.

Revelation 2:5
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is alive very much indeed and He told me that it's very silly to think any of things that I do for Easter is worth condemnation. :rolleyes: (Speaking for me personally and because He already knows that I love Him very much and I know what Easter is really about.)

And you know April, that is what Easter is all about anyway, or Resurrection Sunday. Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again, so that we may have eternal life. There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. I do things out of love for God, not fear, and I am sure you do the same. I think the common factor is Christ Jesus and His death and resurrection. Whatever else is just custom. It is okay to disagree. I am humbled and grateful to have a Savior who died for me and is alive forever. Because He lives, we live.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question!

Seven...there are seven, just like the branches of the Menorah.

Revelation 2:5
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

My sister was Jewish, but converted to Christianity after divorce. I kinda wish I lived closer to learn these Biblical Holy Days. I think I have a book somewhere about these somewhere. It be interesting to look at

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sister was Jewish, but converted to Christianity after divorce. I kinda wish I lived closer to learn these Biblical Holy Days. I think I have a book somewhere about these somewhere. It be interesting to look at

Awesome!

Well, yeah, get this:

There are seven High Holy Days in the Torah

He came as the Torah Incarnate

There are seven branches on the Menorah (the light of the Temple)

He's the Light of the World

Revelation 1:4
John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;