The Story of The Easter Eggs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeh it was a hard message Palm Sunday, but I'm not going to do that part of Easter anymore. I've felt convicted off and on. I won't stop family from giving the kids something or anything, but it doesn't matter if people did this yesterday or a very long time ago. It still means what it means.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious but why do you feel convicted? Also tagging @JohnDB since we were discussing this privately and I wanted to ask him and everybody else on here reading this do you have an egg cooker or have you ever heard of one before?

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think during the reign of Constantine, when Christianity was still fairly young? He ORDERED this "compromise" betweenst the heathen and True Christians in order to maintain peace within his kingdom.
Same goes for halloween too! And also, although it's not celebrated much anymore in the states "may day." (euphimoric baal worship. same same with the columns we see in modern architecture
In the link, it refers to that "goddess of fertility" as "estore", to which they "seemingly" cannot find much about her. Had they researched "ishtar?" (easter) hey would have fared much better. :)

Reactions: Mayflower

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think during the reign of Constantine, when Christianity was still fairly young? He ORDERED this "compromise" betweenst the heathen and True Christians in order to maintain peace within his kingdom.
Same goes for halloween too! And also, although it's not celebrated much anymore in the states "may day." (euphimoric baal worship. same same with the columns we see in modern architecture
In the link, it refers to that "goddess of fertility" as "estore", to which they "seemingly" cannot find much about her. Had they researched "ishtar?" (easter) hey would have fared much better. :)

I'm sorry, but I don't really know what you're saying. :confused:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious but why do you feel convicted? Also tagging @JohnDB since we were discussing this privately and I wanted to ask him and everybody else on here reading this do you have an egg cooker or have you ever heard of one before?

My personal conviction is not to mix things of God with things of the world. The thing is, the world is mixed in a lot of things, including Christmas- Santa. Though Santa isn't in worship to a pagan god...Can be, but I feel alright keeping that tradition. I think it would be wrong to keep the kids from going to things as they get older, but as for me, if I believe the Holy Spirit is telling me to not follow this, because I love God more then the Easter bunny, I need to do that. It is not worth it going back and forth on it. I just need to do what I believe is right and am beginning to see why worshipping Jesus and thinking on all He has done on the cross/His Resurrection, should be my only focus...I am not a child anymore. For relationships with family, etc, I won't bar them with the kids if they want to do things with them or give them things. It didn't cause me to stumble as a child. But I want to show my kids as they get older how to put God first in EVERYTHING in their lives. So Ill be that example. I don't know if Easter eggs/the bunny is wrong in itself. Probably not. But it did involve a pagan god. That should be enough for me to say no. It would have just been easier before having kids. LOL. But the message was what broke the camel's back. Because I knew this stuff and have questioned it off and on.

Easter eggs/hunts, Halloween, Harry Potter, few of my things here I've been convicted about, it isn't that it is wrong in of itself, but the Bible does speak against witchcraft, it does speak on not conforming to the patterns of this world (Romans 12:2). I just want more of God. I'd give up everything for Him, not because He would punish me for it or condemn me for it, but because I am head over heels in love with God and thankful for what He has done for me.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My personal conviction is not to mix things of God with things of the world. The thing is, the world is mixed in a lot of things, including Christmas- Santa. Though Santa isn't in worship to a pagan god...Can be, but I feel alright keeping that tradition. I think it would be wrong to keep the kids from going to things as they get older, but as for me, if I believe the Holy Spirit is telling me to not follow this, because I love God more then the Easter bunny, I need to do that. It is not worth it going back and forth on it. I just need to do what I believe is right and am beginning to see why worshipping Jesus and thinking on all He has done on the cross/His Resurrection, should be my only focus...I am not a child anymore. For relationships with family, etc, I won't bar them with the kids if they want to do things with them or give them things. It didn't cause me to stumble as a child. But I want to show my kids as they get older how to put God first in EVERYTHING in their lives. So Ill be that example. I don't know if Easter eggs/the bunny is wrong in itself. Probably not. But it did involve a pagan god. That should be enough for me to say no. It would have just been easier before having kids. LOL. But the message was what broke the camel's back. Because I knew this stuff and have questioned it off and on.

Easter eggs/hunts, Halloween, Harry Potter, few of my things here I've been convicted about, it isn't that it is wrong in of itself, but the Bible does speak against witchcraft, it does speak on not conforming to the patterns of this world (Romans 12:2). I just want more of God. I'd give up everything for Him, not because He would punish me for it or condemn me for it, but because I am head over heels in love with God and thankful for what He has done for me.

That response was GREAT, because nowhere in there did I see you trying to tell me or anybody else on here NOT todo. You were just speaking about your personal conviction and for that I applaud you. :D

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it's also helpful to present the Biblical truth to an individual and not just the counterfeits...

Here's a cool link:

Calendar 2021

Basically, April, it's the First Fruits, which is tonight...closing out the Feast of Unleavened Bread that points to the resurrection of Messiah...and not anything to do with bunny rabbits, eggs, candy, and especially not to do with a fertility goddess (Ishtar).

I know sis., do you want the red, blue, or purple pill...?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That response was GREAT, because nowhere in there did I see you trying to tell me or anybody else on here NOT todo. You were just speaking about your personal conviction and for that I applaud you. :D

Right, it is between you and God.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What pill now? But yeah me believe me when I tell you that I know what Easter is really about. :)

Reactions: Tone

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it's also helpful to present the Biblical truth to an individual and not just the counterfeits...

Here's a cool link:

Calendar 2021

Basically, April, it's the First Fruits, which is tonight...closing out the Feast of Unleavened Bread that points to the resurrection of Messiah...and not anything to do with bunny rabbits, eggs, candy, and especially not to do with a fertility goddess (Ishtar).

I know sis., do you want the red, blue, or purple pill...?

That link is really cool. I just don't understand what I am looking at. LOL

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

" do you have an egg cooker or have you ever heard of one before?"
Yes, I do, a pan :D

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha ha, just a reference to Biblical Holy Days!

The Firstfruits begins tonight!

40 Powerful Bible Scriptures on First Fruits

It is what pointed to the Resurrection and we observe it as currently foreshadowing the future Resurrection!

I never thought of this. So there is an actual time "first fruits" were brought to God. Very cool. Makes sense.

Reactions: Tone