The Stunning Implications Of Matthew 25:31:46

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
When do you think the rapture will take place?
never? i mean why have you interpreted "rapture" onto "harpazo" when Scripture does not, anyway? That thing about adding or subtracting doesnt worry you any? I mean dont get me wrong ok hih, i would never, ever tell you this irl, but salesmen invented rapture as a way to label suckers ok. Easy marks. Gullible ppl. Victims, who have given up on life more abundantly and seek pie in the sky tomorrow, ok?

I dont you know believe that but just contemplate for a moment the vast pool of believers who already do not know what they went out into the wilderness to see being told that an Ordained Magic Trick was going to occur in the very near future--because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear--follow that for the only Rapture you are ever going to witness imo, but anyway it shouldnt be too hard to honestly assess one's own susceptibility to this message, especially after being emotionally knocked out/having your head removed by some charismatic douche bag ignoramous preaching motivational speeches telling you that Jesus is literally returning even though he cannot ever Quote that to you?

isnt all the emo alone enough to grind your gears? i mean i fell for it too, dont get me wrong bro, but then i started Reading ok. None of the premises that are inferred but never spoken in a Rapture scenario can even be reconciled with any other Scripture? How do you build a doctrine with no witness? Ppl whose defenses are down and too trusting is how, and only how

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The gathering of the nations in the prophecy of the Sheep and Goats judgment comes when Jesus takes His millennial throne.
He has already turned that down like twice tho and Judas is widely understood to have been a total believer--by everyone else but Christians anyway--who was surely trying to force Jesus' Miracle Hand into wearing the crown again, and didnt expect to get Him arrested at all, and you surely demand an earthly king, but you think Jesus is going to literally return and "take" something, completely negating everything He has thus far stood for?

Jesus is going to come back and put a crown on His Head and tell everyone that they are His subjects now? After some epic battle i guess, right? Literal bloodshed, bc that horse's bridle thang and all, right?

I mean like are we even reading the same Bible bro?

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never? i mean why have you interpreted "rapture" onto "harpazo" when Scripture does not, anyway? That thing about adding or subtracting doesnt worry you any? I mean dont get me wrong ok hih, i would never, ever tell you this irl, but salesmen invented rapture as a way to label suckers ok. Easy marks. Gullible ppl. Victims, who have given up on life more abundantly and seek pie in the sky tomorrow, ok?

I dont you know believe that but just contemplate for a moment the vast pool of believers who already do not know what they went out into the wilderness to see being told that an Ordained Magic Trick was going to occur in the very near future--because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear--follow that for the only Rapture you are ever going to witness imo, but anyway it shouldnt be too hard to honestly assess one's own susceptibility to this message, especially after being emotionally knocked out/having your head removed by some charismatic douche bag ignoramous preaching motivational speeches telling you that Jesus is literally returning even though he cannot ever Quote that to you?

isnt all the emo alone enough to grind your gears? i mean i fell for it too, dont get me wrong bro, but then i started Reading ok. None of the premises that are inferred but never spoken in a Rapture scenario can even be reconciled with any other Scripture? How do you build a doctrine with no witness? Ppl whose defenses are down and too trusting is how, and only how

Took me a second to figure out where you dug this up from, LoL, but I wasn't asking you I was asking Phillip. :)

We'll discuss it someday, but for now, it was a nice offer that I will respectfully decline.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ok, decided to make a thread for it if you would like to discuss it, Byrd.
Is The Rapture A Literal Event?

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You're telling me you're not going to finish what you started? LoL

Come on, Scott! Stay in the game baby! It's a very involved conversation at this point, LoL.

YpNMoh.gif

Don't let me aggravate you, btw. I'm just playing around as usual. I find humor in just about anything.
Ohh. Only if it's good??? Not just about anything. Looking.

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Take a look at the last 10-12 posts or so, Scott. This is why I try to govern things. Just letting "potters" have their way with a thread can turn what was a highly focused discussion into total "pot luck", LoL.
Freely given and now I freely give.. you didn't paytherent and sold 20 60 dollar games for 2 dollars. I kept the large amount and produced. The craggy shores of our blue chocolate or intelligence right?

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
They're talking to their split personalities. Games aren't just made by them.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

I know he's a pathetic douche.

B

brakelite

@Hidden In Him You know I could give a long detailed response totally contrasting just about everything this far off ered right? But I will start with just one point that almost your entire original premise is built on.
The first two pages of this thread focused on
Faith and works. Everyone agreed that we are justified by faith... And guess what. So do I . Then everyone agreed that because we are justified by faith, then the works this prophecy speaks of must belong to another era, or age. And that the people of that time, are saved by their works because Jesus is right there, physically on His throne in Jerusalem, so faith is no longer required right? I say nonsense. Why?
Because while we are justified by faith, the prophecy isn't about our being justified. It's about being judged. We are judged by our works.
Which I would suggest places am entire new slant on the whole conversation wouldn't it?

Then another point. (Just one). Promise.
There is no biblical evidence for a seven year gap between a"rapture' and the resurrection at the second coming. 2 Thessalonians and Corinthians suggests both take place at the same time. But that particular debate had been repeated ad nauseum forever. Thing is, I would ask, how does the resurrection work being that only those in Christ are resurrected, (the wicked having their final day in the sun at the end of the millennium) ... Surely some form of judgement has already taken place prior to the second coming because how else could their be a division between those resurrected, and those not?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because while we are justified by faith, the prophecy isn't about our being justified. It's about being judged. We are judged by our works.
Which I would suggest places am entire new slant on the whole conversation wouldn't it?

Well, the sheep are judged righteous, so making a distinction between being justified and being judged righteous is a new slant for me, yes. I have a hard time understanding the difference, so you would have to explain in more detail what the difference is between the two before I could respond.
There is no biblical evidence for a seven year gap between a"rapture' and the resurrection at the second coming.

I agree.
... Surely some form of judgement has already taken place prior to the second coming because how else could their be a division between those resurrected, and those not?

By this you appear to mean a formal judgment rather than a mere determination on God's part, yes? I'm not sure the Biblical text provides evidence of a formal judgment upon the wicked prior to the second coming, so this too would be something you would have to demonstrate from scripture before I could understand it or respond.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well I'm certainly looking for literal LIGHT, Lol.
ha well i get you, but you are still looking with two eyes, yeh? For a kingdom that comes by observation? And i mean i dont expect a little convo with some guy on the web to change your mind either, ok, but i also know you want all that NT stuff to be true, yeh? Turn your back on the camp hih, sooner or later, imo. Forget your desires, that will never manifest anyway, and embrace all the parts that are currently rejected, imo. How many of your current beliefs are actually Absolute Truths, that cannot even be questioned? Bc those are all false, virtually every one of them, imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ok, decided to make a thread for it if you would like to discuss it, Byrd.
Is The Rapture A Literal Event?
no, and i guess i shouldnt have said anything here either. If youre comfortable with harpazo as rapture despite the Scriptural portrayal of rapture and why are you Standing There looking up into the sky? You will see Him come down the same way you saw Him go up, the kingdom does not come by observation, no one has ever gone up to heaven, etc, on and on, then cool imo, keep discussing it with those who also believe that, and maybe determine if any of you actually even have any beliefs in that area--doubt youll find any--and maybe for a lark one day play the critic there, and pretend you arent buying it, say with someone who seems compelling, and see if they can convince you maybe? Rapture is a literal event imo, The Rapture, who can find it?

B

brakelite

By this you appear to mean a formal judgment rather than a mere determination on God's part
Think about it in relation to a court of law. The judgement, or as you put it, determination of guilt or innocence, is determined after the presentation of evidence right? We are justified by the blood of the Lamb, but the judgement/determination is based on the evidence... Or works which are produced as a result of our faith/acceptance of the gospel.
And don't confuse or conflate judgement with the execution of sentence. That is different again, and takes place as a result of the judgement.

Reactions: Hidden In Him