The temporary pleasures....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 11:25 (NASB)
choosing rather to endure ill-treatment with the people of God than to enjoy the temporary pleasures of sin,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
‘the temporary pleasures of sin’

If sin is evil why is it that evil has any pleasure in it at all? Shouldn’t evil be, dark, cruel and full of all sorts of unpleasant things with no redeeming qualities in it?

It is quite true evil as it is in itself has no redeeming value in it, including pleasure.. But evil, in a creation that has both good and evil in it, for such is this creation... For when God added light to the darkness, light being the good, darkness being the evil, for it is not called iniquity till the law is manifested....

Wherefore can evil wrongly use the things of good to manifest a degree of temporary pleasure until evil has used and consumed all the good it can act upon...

This is the temporary pleasure scripture speaks of... For at the end of the age the judgment will come, which is a separating of the good from the evil... Each will be left to itself, the good will not be encumbered with evil and vise versa, evil will be left to its own devices with nothing to feed upon but itself.. Which then will be a exposing of what evil is by nature, which is a contrary to all things.. Even to itself it is contrary, which is an insanity beyond insanity... Which is what the very nature of evil is... A eternal contrary to all...

(To be left up to the reader to bear witness or not)...

Be blessed all, as we pursue Him, Not me

Reactions: Nancy

Irwin Fletcher

Sep 19, 2020
Cyprus
seeinggodclearly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cyprus
Good thoughts. Life is filled with temporary pleasures and focusing on the temporary pleasures of sin is one of the many ways we are derailed. You can almost imagine the conversation in this direction from the Screwtape Letters if you've read it. Short term thinking is one of the many dangers of sin. When I worked as professional counselor, that kind of thinking is what led many people to end up in my office.

Sin is deceptive in many ways: Three Lies of Sin

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good thoughts. Life is filled with temporary pleasures and focusing on the temporary pleasures of sin is one of the many ways we are derailed. You can almost imagine the conversation in this direction from the Screwtape Letters if you've read it. Short term thinking is one of the many dangers of sin. When I worked as professional counselor, that kind of thinking is what led many people to end up in my office.

Sin is deceptive in many ways: Three Lies of Sin

Thanks, I’m glad you found them interesting, and you too be blessed in your work and in your relationship with Him...

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: Nancy