The Tent of David

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The tent of David...AKA... the tabernacle in the wilderness. Being LED by the Spirit in the present wilderness. As we are led by the Spirit more and more the world's pull lessens and lessens because we are following close to God. So it's about proximity to God. This is not a perfect walk...one's own cross must be carried daily. But it is a good walk...assuming that one is not lying or exaggerating their walk to claim one is higher than one is.

And they who are LED by the Spirit are not under the law...because of the proximity to Christ. The wilderness walk is a transitional walk.

There remains yet to sell all and purchase the kingdom realm in the Spirit to walk there. The higher calling of a walk in Zion in the Spirit. The kingdom walk. The cost to enter into that walk is EVERYTHING. So many never speak of the cross or the high price to walk in Zion...because they are yet walking in their own power....uncrucified...yet carrying their cross nonetheless.

And then there is actually entering INTO Christ....into the light. A higher walk. His perfected walk in a crucified man.

--To get to Christ and His location one must be led by the Spirit and carry one's own cross. Following Christ at a certain distance.
--Then for His ownership you are crucified in the outer man to be possessed fully by God...filled with the Spirit.
--The inner man is then freed to grow up into the full stature of Christ...Christ now being FORMED in a man.,
--This is walking in the light...seated (dwelling) in heavenly places in Zion. The kingdom walk.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Acts 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who does all these things.

There is so much confusion these days...and I will try my best to clarify this confusion by stating biblical accuracies that lead to the elimination of much of the confusion.

Being born again is NOT the final product that God is looking for as so many believe. It puts us squarely into a wilderness walk. We are saved from Egypt...but not yet entered into God's rest...His heavenly kingdom realm...in Zion in heaven. The promised land. The Jerusalem which is above.

The wilderness walk is a transitional walk. The tent of David is a place to seek God's face and to change our clothing. A place from which we may put on Christ...the clothing of holiness. A changing room. A place to seek the face of the Lord.

As we are led by the Spirit we experience God's grace as touches from above. These touches produce precious works...or precious stones (as rubies) that act as stepping stones into the continuous walk in the Spirit. The cost of the kingdom walk is ALL...everything. In that walk pure silver and gold are produced because the walk is continuous in the keeping power of God. Not broken up like precious stones. The walk in the Spirit is one continuous road of silver and gold. But the walk in the wilderness is from stepping stone to stepping stone.

The tent of David is about tasting to see that God is good...as a sampler of what life could be like in the Spirit in an ongoing way. But the full grace of God costs us everything. The cross of Christ brings death to our former ways and strengths that we may be filled with His power (grace). His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leading up to @Episkopos two posts are these verses in the OT:

After the mistake with Uzza [I Chron 13], David pitched a tent for the Ark so that when it was properly carried by the Levites there would a place for it. David wanted to build a temple but that was given to his son, Solomon:

"And David made him houses in the city of David, and prepared a place for the ark of God, and pitched for it a tent.
Then David said, None ought to carry the ark of God but the Levites: for them hath the LORD chosen to carry the ark of God, and to minister unto him for ever.
And David gathered all Israel together to Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the LORD unto his place, which he had prepared for it." I Chron 15:1-3

"And said unto them, Ye are the chief of the fathers of the Levites: sanctify yourselves, both ye and your brethren, that ye may bring up the ark of the LORD God of Israel unto the place that I have prepared for it.
For because ye did it not at the first, the LORD our God made a breach upon us, for that we sought him not after the due order.
So the priests and the Levites sanctified themselves to bring up the ark of the LORD God of Israel.
And the children of the Levites bare the ark of God upon their shoulders with the staves thereon, as Moses commanded according to the word of the LORD." I Chron 15:12-15

As we know Solomon built the temple, which would have replaced the tent pitched by David, but then...we read the words penned by Amos:

"In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this." Amos 9:11-12

From there we go to Acts 15:16-17 quoted in post #2

Reactions: Episkopos

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
one's own cross must be carried daily
One carries ones cross to to end there life as Christ died,. once one is risen in Christ as Christ was risen from the dead, all that before them is the narrow way which is Christ.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

His Baptism is death His cup His suffering

Mat 20:21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
Mat 20:22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The tent of David takes into account the corporate nature of the will of God that we be one. We need one another to fulfill the transition into the kingdom life. God has called out for Himself a people...and they who fulfill His requirements will move on into glory.

We are in a race. We need to put on our racing garments. We need our garments of praise.

The tent of David is like a changing room where we get ready to enter a new environment...kind of like a changing room at a beach. Before we can hit the new environment of water...we change out of our land clothes and put on bathing clothes.

Likewise to enter into holiness we need to change our clothing...to put on the new man who is created for us in righteousness and true holiness. And there is a plurality to this as well as a personal aspect. We are not alone at the beach. :)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are in a race.
Yet to figure out who we are racing against, because in a race someone wins and someone looses, that makes this competitive and all about us. It is not a competition as we keep making it out to be.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet to figure out who we are racing against, because in a race someone wins and someone looses, that makes this competitive and all about us. It is not a competition as we keep making it out to be.

We are indeed in a competition...and this against other generations in corporate sense. Jesus often compares one generation to another...as in..."to what shall I liken this generation!?"

Our present generation of believers is the most foolish of all...hence the coming time of the 10 virgins....where so many are cast out.

A race is also about how much fruit one can produce in the time given. So the race is also against ourselves.

God will judge us individually...and by comparison with others. Judgment is coming...the wise are preparing. The foolish are confident in presumptions and assumptions.

Reactions: faithfulness

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are indeed in a competition...and this against other generations in corporate sense. Jesus often compares one generation to another...as in..."to what shall I liken this generation!?"

Our present generation of believers is the most foolish of all...hence the coming time of the 10 virgins....where so many are cast out.

A race is also about how much fruit one can produce in the time given. So the race is also against ourselves.

God will judge us individually...and by comparison with others. Judgment is coming...the wise are preparing. The foolish are confident in presumptions and assumptions.
What is God going to judge those who have already being judged for. It is either finished or it is not.?? It isnt a race, there are no winners and loosers, it is a walk of faith.

But you are right about this generation. If you have not noticed in my posts.

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity

Only being in Christ will get you in.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is God going to judge those who have already being judged for. It is either finished or it is not.?? It isnt a race, there are no winners and loosers, it is a walk of faith.

But you are right about this generation. If you have not noticed in my posts.

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity

Only being in Christ will get you in.
The Race of Faith
Heb. 12 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Cor. 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Race of Faith
Heb. 12 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Cor. 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
Funny when you meet Jesus, never mentions, prizes, or races, because HE is every ones reward. But everyone need to be better than everyone else. men love to boast. I received my prize, Jesus when I gave myself to Him. I got Him.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Funny when you meet Jesus, never mentions, prizes, or races, because HE is every ones reward. But everyone need to be better than everyone else. men love to boast. I received my prize, Jesus when I gave myself to Him. I got Him.

The bible speaks of more things than you can wrap your mind around by your feelings and experiences. Let God's words be God's words.

As in..."God never mentioned anything to me about creating meteors. Why didn't He consult me"? :eek:o_O

Someone who fights against the truth of the bible is putting their opinions, feelings, ideas...ahead of the truth. As such that person is not just uncrucified....but also unwilling to carry their own cross.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why...with all the other names that God could have used...is the training ground of the church called "the tent of David."???

Why David?

We see the same thing with the "key of David". Why not just "keys of the kingdom."???

Why the "house" of David?

So there is something with the word David...beyond who David is. There is something hidden in the word for David. God hides meanings in words. The nature of Hebrew is to hide deeper messages to be found by diligent seekers of God and the truth.

It just so happens that the word "David" is made up of either 3 or 4 letters in Hebrew. The most common form is the 3 letter variant.

And the word looks like this.

דוד

The first and last letters are "dalets" ד ...and these signify doors. The middle letter is a "vav" ו..and this means "and".

So the word David broken down from it's letters means "a door and a door."

So then the Key of David is the "key to the doors" The Tent of David is "the tent of doors." The house of David is the "house of doors."

Why 2 doors?

We can see the doors as thresholds to cross over from the world into God's kingdom realm. Just as there were 2 barriers of water the Israelites need to cross...the Red sea AND the Jordan.

Likewise there is a door that leads us into the training of God by the race of faith...and there is a doorway INTO the eternal kingdom life. There is a walk that is we learning to be led by the Spirit..and also the door that leads to Zion where we walk as Jesus walked.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the previous post I mentioned that the word David came in 2 variants, a three letter or four letter variant.

So the 3 letter word that we translate as DAVID looks like this

דוד

The 4 letter variant of DAVID looks like this

דויד

..This version adds in a "youd" י which means a "hand." Now this can be a hand or what a hand is doing...specifically in this case...knocking.

So then David in this form means "a door and a hand knocking at a door."

We see that the higher walk (the narrow path) requires an asking, seeking and knocking. So Jesus knew this when He said that we ought to knock to go up into the higher walk.

It may be noted that the variant used in the KEY of David...requires no knocking (no youd). But when the tent of David is referenced...it needs the extra letter that signifies knocking.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a chaotic element to the tent of David. Because the flesh is still kicking, there will be ideologies, dogmatic infusions, religious theories...and every kind of belief under the sun. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. And for former heathens to be shown favour...well anything can happen.

And God allows for us to draw our own conclusions....or we can go to Him. He's fine either way.

There is also the corporate aspect to the tent of David. We interact with others...both in good ways and in bad ways. False teachers will be present...false doctrines taught. But there will always be that small voice crying in the wilderness. And this Christian walk with it's church structures IS the wilderness. make no mistake. For a better walk comes a higher price. Now the free sample is not enough...you must buy the product...purchase the field.

How many truly take Jesus at His word anymore?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People are mixed. And many who are born again are both mixed in their souls and mixed up in their minds. Now is the time to set things right. The tent of David is the present time of the church whereby we are tried and tested and purified.

But few will undergo the depth of realization on just how off we all are. It's too much to bear for most of us.

As we enter into Christ the unity is there. We are one in Him. But few will ever enter into Him. Most will follow at a distance...and many from a great distance. Unity is about location. Where are we? Are we really walking in holiness? Or are we still mixed? Well it's the mixture that destroys the unity. Dead men don't react in the flesh..and don't think like men. They're dead and Christ is reigning in them. But try finding even one dead man in Christ in the Western churches. So no wonder there is no unity. There is no singleness of walk.There is mixture, And this is deeply so. Who can discern it?

We can't handle to hear how misinformed and unrighteous we really are. And God goes easy on us. But it would be better for us if God was harder on us so that we learn the difficult lessons.

But we need to ask Him to power through our defenses. So we need to embrace humility and the fear of the Lord.

Few however will take the opportunity to become actual vessels of honour...instead remaining satisfied with the status quo that God will judge severely.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God will not reveal to us more about our unrighteousness than we can bear at a time. There is a mixture of what is right with our own inherent lack of righteousness. And to make matters worse there are many false teachers who will re-enforce that mixture by sowing confusion so that people stop short of a full repentance and surrender to God's ways.

Believers are mixed until purified. But if you tell them they are mixed...they will deny it. Such is the mixture. And the more vehement the denial...the more the mixture.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For the record...There is a lot of false teaching on the forum. I'd like to point out an obvious error here in order to underline a major truth...that being born again is NOT a ticket to heaven...but simply the first step in a long walk of faith.

(Behold said:

The born again are "not under the law, but under GRACE".)

Biblically speaking it is they who are led by the Spirit that are under grace. Being born again is no guarantee of a correct walk or understanding.

Gal. 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Does it say that being born again means you are under grace? No. That is a human reasoning that is faulty. A person can begin in the Spirit but then fall from grace to go back under the law.

Galatians 3
3 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal. 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Fallen from grace to be under the law! Were not the Galatians born again? Did they not begin in the Spirit? Does that mean that a person is UN-born again for forsaking the spiritual direction? or does being under grace have to do to how we are living...by following after the Spirit or the flesh AFTER we have been born of the Spirit or begun in the Spirit.

So then the statement that being born again means that one is under grace is a false teaching.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fallen from grace to be under the law! Were not the Galatians born again? Did they not begin in the Spirit? Does that mean that a person is UN-born again for forsaking the spiritual direction? or does being under grace have to do to how we are living...by following after the Spirit or the flesh AFTER we have been born of the Spirit or begun in the Spirit.
Us gentiles where never under the law at any time and never will be. We came to Christ by grace alone, it was the Jews, the Hebrews who had the hard part, we got the easy bit but keep making it difficult, thats the doing of religion and men.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Us gentiles where never under the law at any time and never will be. We came to Christ by grace alone, it was the Jews, the Hebrews who had the hard part, we got the easy bit but keep making it difficult, thats the doing of religion and men.

The easy bit is the free sample or taste of salvation step. We are born again into a race. Now the kingdom realm is available for they who forsake this world...and even their lives.

And there are very few buyers.

If you realized that God does not make it easier for Gentiles than for Jews. There is no difference in the Spirit.

We are to put on Christ...once the outer man is crucified...out of the way. But modern people insist on a salvation that leaves the mixed carnal man intact. So God has allowed a false gospel for they who hate the truth. It seeks to glorify the flesh.

But God will not be mocked. Whatever to sow...you shall also reap.

Basic 101 stuff.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The easy bit is the free sample or taste of salvation step. We are born again into a race. Now the kingdom realm is available for they who forsake this world...and even their lives.

And there are very few buyers.

If you realized that God does not make it easier for Gentiles than for Jews. There is no difference in the Spirit.

We are to put on Christ...once the outer man is crucified...out of the way. But modern people insist on a salvation that leaves the mixed carnal man intact. So God has allowed a false gospel for they who hate the truth. It seeks to glorify the flesh.

But God will not be mocked. Whatever to sow...you shall also reap.

Basic 101 stuff.
Quiet agree but far to many trample grace underfoot as if it was cheap, in that it never accomplished what it had set out to. It has but very few believe it, and so set them selves rules and laws that they must abide in to finish off the works Christ already completed. It is finished. Done all over, payment complete, accomplished. Now believe.