The Thing About Prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 44:6KJV
6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Revelation 1:8KJV
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Alright, so far, so good!

Okay, that defines things from a WORLDLY perspective, that's the elementary breakdown that God has given to His people, as children. Open book test. Good. I figured you could manage that.

Now how about from God's--not yesterday, today, and tomorrow, not linear, not in story form "as it is written"--but from His timeless "I am" perspective. How would you explain the fact that the things of God just [always] "are", like Jesus? You know--like "before the foundation of the world", but also "I am" in the midst of days, seemingly having a beginning and an end? How would you explain how Time fits into all that just always "is" with God?

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright, so far, so good!

Okay, that defines things from a WORLDLY perspective, that's the elementary breakdown that God has given to His people, as children. Open book test. Good. I figured you could manage that.

Now how about from God's--not yesterday, today, and tomorrow, not linear, not in story form "as it is written"--but from His timeless "I am" perspective. How would you explain the fact that the things of God just [always] "are", like Jesus? You know--like "before the foundation of the world", but also "I am" in the midst of days, seemingly having a beginning and an end? How would you explain how Time fits into all that just always "is" with God?
Colossians 1:16-17KJV
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:16-17KJV
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
That does not address the understanding of Time and the limits thereof, being created within the timeless eternal kingdom of God.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preterism is bias based on a specific date in history. Some historist are preterist when obsessed with that particular date. Some futurist are preterist when stuck in a rut specifically about that date. Amil are preterist when they toss every Scripture that does not fit their paradigm into that date. Some are just really partial about that date, some more than others, and some 110%.

Many are not preterist, they just refuse reality altogether.
Yes, and either way it's error.

That error, is adopting a [worldly] outlook or perspective for the eternal point in which God says Amen (So be it). Such a worldly perspective is the thinking of men wagging God's eternity around by the tail as if He was their dog (god spelled backwards--how apropos!).

The truth is, Time is short and exists within the kingdom until it is finished. Not that the world should even be the focus--there's a thought! But as for when in the world that it is finished...Christ has declared it. On the contrary--the focus should be God's eternity.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and either way it's error.

That error, is adopting a [worldly] outlook or perspective for the eternal point in which God says Amen (So be it). Such a worldly perspective is the thinking of men wagging God's eternity around by the tail as if He was their dog (god spelled backwards--how apropos!).

The truth is, Time is short and exists within the kingdom until it is finished. Not that the world should even be the focus--there's a thought! But as for when in the world that it is finished...Christ has declared it. On the contrary--the focus should be God's eternity.
Scott your approach is condescending, all who don't see it Scott's way are wagging God's tail :confused:

Scott you're words put the Amighty in reference to a dog, this is "Morbid" and "Condescending" to the Almighty

Jesus Is The Lord, In Reverance To The Almighty

Scott you deny a future literal, visible, return of Jesus Christ in the heavens, a foundation pillar in the Christian faith, your beliefs and teachings are way outside Christian orthodoxy

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott your approach is condescending, all who don't see it Scott's way are wagging God's tail :confused:

Scott you're words put the Amighty in reference to a dog, this is "Morbid" and "Condescending" to the Almighty

Jesus Is The Lord, In Reverance To The Almighty

Scott you deny a future literal, visible, return of Jesus Christ in the heavens, a foundation pillar in the Christian faith, your beliefs and teachings are way outside Christian orthodoxy
Now, see...I make a case for God being above men and the world (as it should be)...and you think it's condescending. And that is not my way--it's God's way! I am only happy to humbly align with it...and to speak it in testimony.

You are the perfect example of the problem. You call up down.

But no--it is as I said, and it is NOT condescending to lift God up and to consider His perspective rather than viewing everything from the perspective of men and the world.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, see...I make a case for God being above men and the world (as it should be)...and you think it's condescending. And that is not my way--it's God's way! I am only happy to humbly align with it...and to speak it in testimony.

But no--it is as I said, and it is NOT condescending to lift God up and to consider His perspective rather than viewing everything from the perspective of men and the world.

Some people can not handle the Truth. :confused:

Reactions: ScottA

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...and each gives their testimony for or against. God is not mocked.

People scamper around according to TIME.
God is outside of the limits of TIME.

Men say, They shall be WITH God Forever, without a clue of such a concept.

Reactions: ScottA

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Scott I fully disagree with your eschatology

Scott you deny a future literal, visible, return of Jesus Christ in the heavens, a foundational pillar in the Christian faith, your beliefs and teachings are way outside Christian orthodoxy

Last edited: