The Thousand years

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Butch5 said:
Yes, I agree. In another post you indicated that none of the passages posted weren't evidence of a literal 1000 year rain. In post 17 you said,

"Read 'em. Digested 'em. None of them support a literal, 1000 year reign of Ἰησοῦς Χριστός. (or the "Messiah Yeshua" as you like to effect)"

The passages I posted speak of God promising David that his throne would be established forever. Davids throne was in Jerusalem. If Christ doesn't literally return and reign how will that promise be fulfilled?
<<The passages I posted speak of God promising David that his throne would be established forever.>>

Done in Jesus to whom all authority in heaven and earth (including Jerusalem) has been given.

<<If Christ doesn't literally return and reign how will that promise be fulfilled?>>

Jesus will literally return. The question is moot.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
JimParker said:
<<The passages I posted speak of God promising David that his throne would be established forever.>>

Done in Jesus to whom all authority in heaven and earth (including Jerusalem) has been given.

<<If Christ doesn't literally return and reign how will that promise be fulfilled?>>

How so if He doesn't sit in David's throne?

The question was in reference to Christ reigning on the throne of David. I understood from your other post that you didn't believe there would be a 1000 year literal reign. I think everyone agrees that Christ will return, my point is how is the promise to David fulfilled in Christ don't sit on David's throne?

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Butch5 said:
How so if He doesn't sit in David's throne?

The question was in reference to Christ reigning on the throne of David. I understood from your other post that you didn't believe there would be a 1000 year literal reign. I think everyone agrees that Christ will return, my point is how is the promise to David fulfilled in Christ don't sit on David's throne?
The throne on which He now sits is higher than David's throne. Since Jesus is the descendant of David and is King of kings, His current reign includes David's throne.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
JimParker said:
The throne on which He now sits is higher than David's throne. Since Jesus is the descendant of David and is King of kings, His current reign includes David's throne.
But that's not what the passage says Jim. The passage says He will establish David's throne. David's throne was not in Heaven, it was in Jerusalem.

KJV Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. (Isa 9:7 KJV)

Isaiah indicates that the Messiah's kingdom would be established upon David's throne. The Messiah's government shall be established upon David's throne and upon David's kingdom. David's kingdom surely was on this earth, not in Heaven.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Born_Again said:
I saw this posted on another forum and was curious how it would be answered on here. Out of the 148 replies it received, I only saw a couple that may have been close to what I think it means..... So, guys and gals, what do you think?

"I am curious as to how others view this period of time, and what scripture they have to support their viewpoint. What I am looking for is scripture outside of Revelation that refers to this period as a thousand years. Based on the writings from the prophets of the Old Testament, and the writings of the New Testament, this time is overwhelmingly referred to as a day."

What do you all think?

BA
The bible is vague when it uses 'thousand'. In Hebrew it just means first letter. In Greek it means an unknown number.

Example in Hebrew:

Psa 50:10[SIZE=11pt] For every beast of the forest [/SIZE]is[SIZE=11pt] mine, [/SIZE]and[SIZE=11pt] the cattle upon a thousand hills. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Does God only own the cattle upon a thousand hills? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]No, he owns all the cattle. [/SIZE]

Example in Greek:

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Does God date himself as being a certain number of years old. No.

We should read scriptures using the word 'thousand' as 'an unknown number'.

So, in the first example, we read as:
Psa 50:10[SIZE=11pt] For every beast of the forest [/SIZE]is[SIZE=11pt] mine, [/SIZE]and[SIZE=11pt] the cattle upon an unknown number of hills. [/SIZE]

Second:
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as an unknown number of years, and an unknown number of years as one day.

Now when some scientist says they have found bones that are 40,000 years old, we know that could be true for the bible does not say the earth, animals or man has only been here 13,000 years. It says 'God created over an unknown number of years'.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, Rocky Wiley.

Rocky Wiley said:
The bible is vague when it uses 'thousand'. In Hebrew it just means first letter. In Greek it means an unknown number.

Example in Hebrew:

Psa 50:10[SIZE=11pt] For every beast of the forest [/SIZE]is[SIZE=11pt] mine, [/SIZE]and[SIZE=11pt] the cattle upon a thousand hills. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Does God only own the cattle upon a thousand hills? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]No, he owns all the cattle. [/SIZE]

Example in Greek:

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Does God date himself as being a certain number of years old. No.

We should read scriptures using the word 'thousand' as 'an unknown number'.

So, in the first example, we read as:
Psa 50:10[SIZE=11pt] For every beast of the forest [/SIZE]is[SIZE=11pt] mine, [/SIZE]and[SIZE=11pt] the cattle upon an unknown number of hills. [/SIZE]

Second:
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as an unknown number of years, and an unknown number of years as one day.

Now when some scientist says they have found bones that are 40,000 years old, we know that could be true for the bible does not say the earth, animals or man has only been here 13,000 years. It says 'God created over an unknown number of years'.
Just a couple of things: First, the word “thousand” in Greek (chilios, neuter plural chilia) means a “thousand.” It doesn’t mean “999” or “1001.” The fact that the phrase “[ta] chilia etee,” meaning “a [the] thousand years” was used SIX TIMES in as many verses in Rev. 20:2-7! The word was used in SEVERAL locations in Revelation and ALWAYS meant a literal thousand in the other locations, even when the total number was meant to mean a “very large number":

Revelation 5:11
11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
KJV

(THIS is how it would have been listed had it been an arbitrarily large number! However, even here the “thousand” means a “thousand,” not something else!)

Revelation 7:4-8
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthali were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
KJV

Revelation 9:16
16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
KJV

Revelation 11:3
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
KJV

Revelation 11:13
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
KJV

Revelation 12:6
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
KJV

Revelation 14:1
14 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
KJV

Revelation 14:3
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
KJV

Revelation 14:20
20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.
KJV

Revelation 20:2-7
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
KJV

Revelation 21:16
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
KJV

So, the point is that the word MEANS a “thousand” even when it is used to say a “very large number” by the nouns, adjectives, and other numbers attached to it. When Yochanan (John) uses the phrase “a thousand two hundred and threescore days,” doesn’t he mean 1,260 days? He’s not saying “999 + 200 + 60 = 1,259 days,” nor is he saying “1001+200+60 = 1,261 days!"

Second, did you know that the Hebrew word for “thousand” is “elef” and is spelled EXACTLY THE SAME WAY as “alef,” (alef-lamed-fei) which means “ox” or “bull?” The phrase “a thousand hills” could also be rendered “grazing hills,” that is, “hills for oxen,” and may not refer to the NUMBER AT ALL! Rather, it means that ALL of the cattle on ALL of the hills on which cattle could graze are His!

This is one reason for learning the original languages. How would you (or anyone) know that without studying the Hebrew words?

As far as the Kingdom starting when Yeshua` was here the first time, it is important to understand that the POTENTIAL for the Kingdom starting then was there, but the Kingdom did NOT begin then! There are several things that are also important to understand: First, when He said the “Kingdom of God was AT HAND,” he meant that it was WITHIN THEIR GRASP, but NOT that it was already IN HAND! When His tribe’s elders rejected the King, they also ended up rejecting the Kingdom! The two are linked together! You can’t have the Kingdom without the King! When they crucified the King, He was resurrected by God, and He left this earth, He took the POTENTIAL for the Kingdom WITH HIM! That’s why His parable is so important:

Luke 19:11-28
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore,
A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

This shows the timing of the Kingdom as being WHEN HE RETURNS!

Finally, I agree that the Messiah’s Kingdom will be much longer than a simple 1000 years:

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

However, you must also realize that the Millennium is not about His Kingdom; it’s about the incarceration of haSatan in the bottomless pit.

Also, there are two different stages of the Kingdom: The World Empire and the Kingdom Proper. The Kingdom Proper is the reign over “the house of Ya`aqov (Jacob),” or the “house of Israel.” The World Empire is the reign over all the earth. These are seen in 1 Corinthians 15:20-28, but remember, 1 Corinthians 15 is about RESURRECTION:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order:
(Resurrection 0) Christ the firstfruits; afterward (Resurrection 1) they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 (Resurrection 2) Then cometh the end, when he (the Messiah) shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he (the Messiah) shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he (the Messiah) must reign, till he (God the Father) hath put all enemies under his (the Messiah’s) feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he
(God the Father) hath put all things under his (the Messiah’s) feet. But when he (the Psalmist David) saith, all things are put under him (the Messiah), it is manifest that he (God the Father) is excepted, which did put all things under him (the Messiah).
28 And
when all things shall be subdued unto him (the Messiah), then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him (God the Father) that put all things under him (the Messiah), that God (the Father) may be all in all.
KJV

Therefore, the Messiah grows His Kingdom from its initial Kingdom Proper form until it becomes the World Empire. Then, the Messiah shall turn over the World Empire to His Father (forever), and He shall go back to reigning over the Kingdom Proper (forever).

Finally, regarding 2 Peter 3:8, one should view this verse "in the light” (pun intended) of several other Scriptures:

Malachi 4:1-2
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
KJV

Exodus 16:6-10
6 And Moses and Aaron said unto all the children of Israel, At even, then ye shall know that the LORD hath brought you out from the land of Egypt:
7 And in the morning, then ye shall see the glory of the LORD; for that he heareth your murmurings against the LORD: and what are we, that ye murmur against us?
8 And Moses said, This shall be, when the LORD shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full; for that the LORD heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against him: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against the LORD.
9 And Moses spake unto Aaron, Say unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, Come near before the LORD: for he hath heard your murmurings.
10 And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud.
KJV

Exodus 34:29-35
29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
30 And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.
31 And Moses called unto them; and Aaron and all the rulers of the congregation returned unto him: and Moses talked with them.
32 And afterward all the children of Israel came nigh: and he gave them in commandment all that the LORD had spoken with him in mount Sinai.
33 And till Moses had done speaking with them, he put a vail on his face.
34 But when Moses went in before the LORD to speak with him, he took the vail off, until he came out. And he came out, and spake unto the children of Israel that which he was commanded.
35 And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him.
KJV

Numbers 16:42-45
42 And it came to pass, when the congregation was gathered against Moses and against Aaron, that they looked toward the tabernacle of the congregation: and, behold, the cloud covered it, and the glory of the LORD appeared.
43 And Moses and Aaron came before the tabernacle of the congregation.
44 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
45 Get you up from among this congregation, that I may consume them as in a moment. And they fell upon their faces.
KJV

Deuteronomy 5:22-26
22 These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.
23 And it came to pass, when ye heard the voice out of the midst of the darkness, (for the mountain did burn with fire,) that ye came near unto me, even all the heads of your tribes, and your elders;
24 And ye said, Behold, the LORD our God hath shewed us his glory and his greatness, and we have heard his voice out of the midst of the fire: we have seen this day that God doth talk with man, and he liveth.
25 Now therefore why should we die? for this great fire will consume us: if we hear the voice of the LORD our God any more, then we shall die.
26 For who is there of all flesh, that hath heard the voice of the living God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived?
KJV

Psalm 24:7-10
7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.
KJV

Psalm 36:7-9
7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.
9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
KJV

Psalm 44:1-4
1 We have heard with our ears, O God, our fathers have told us, what work thou didst in their days, in the times of old.
2 How thou didst drive out the heathen with thy hand, and plantedst them; how thou didst afflict the people, and cast them out.
3 For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.
4 Thou art my King, O God: command deliverances for Jacob.
KJV

Isaiah 24:23
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.
KJV

Isaiah 40:3-5
3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
KJV

Isaiah 60:1-3
1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
KJV

Isaiah 60:19-20
19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
KJV

Ezekiel 43:1-5
43 Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looketh toward the east:
2 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.
3 And it was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw, even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city: and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell upon my face.
4 And the glory of the LORD came into the house by the way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east.
5 So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house.
KJV

Daniel 2:20-22
20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
KJV

Luke 2:8-11
8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
KJV

Matthew 17:1-2
17 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
KJV

Mark 9:2-3
2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.
3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller (bleach) on earth can white them.
KJV

Luke 9:28-32
28 And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.
29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.
30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:
31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.
32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.
KJV

Acts 21:40-22:11
40 And when he had given him licence, Paul stood on the stairs, and beckoned with the hand unto the people. And when there was made a great silence, he spake unto them in the Hebrew tongue, saying,
22:1 Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence which I make now unto you.
2 (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,)
3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
4 And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.
5 As also the high priest doth bear me witness, and all the estate of the elders: from whom also I received letters unto the brethren, and went to Damascus, to bring them which were there bound unto Jerusalem, for to be punished.
6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.
7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.
11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.
KJV

Revelation 1:13-16
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
KJV

Revelation 21:23-26
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
KJV

Revelation 22:5
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
KJV

And, these are but a FEW of the verses that could have been listed! This “day” will last for a THOUSAND YEARS ... LITERALLY! ... before the darkness of haSatan is released on the earth again!

Straightshot

May 1, 2015
To the OP

The 1 day = 1000 years theory is not a valid biblical calculation for measuring time lapse

1 day always = one literal 24 hour day with regard for any prophetic time lapsing in visionary prophecy

To the Lord multiples of "years" is not limiting as it is for humans .... His waiting is not our waiting [2 Peter 3] .... He lives eternally

One example of prophetical time lapse measurement is the 70 week of years decreed for Israel .... this can be precisely calculated on the basis of 1 24 hour day, 30 months and 360 day years

Another example, the Lord's coming 1000 year millennial kingdom upon the earth .... the time lapse will be a literal 1000 years

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Straightshot.

Straightshot said:
To the OP

The 1 day = 1000 years theory is not a valid biblical calculation for measuring time lapse

1 day always = one literal 24 hour day with regard for any prophetic time lapsing in visionary prophecy

To the Lord multiples of "years" is not limiting as it is for humans .... His waiting is not our waiting [2 Peter 3] .... He lives eternally

One example of prophetical time lapse measurement is the 70 week of years decreed for Israel .... this can be precisely calculated on the basis of 1 24 hour day, 30 months and 360 day years

Another example, the Lord's coming 1000 year millennial kingdom upon the earth .... the time lapse will be a literal 1000 years
No. One day does NOT always mean one literal 24-hour day. Sometimes, it is talking about the DAYLIGHT hours, approximately 12 hours.

Furthermore, I can’t stress enough the HORRIBLE ERROR of claiming a 360-day year, or a 30-day month, for that matter! This is so common an error, that it is well-ingrained within prophecy buffs, but there’s NO SUCH THING in Jewish time-keeping, even in prophetic passages! Jewish time-keeping is more complicated from our point of view, but it’s really quite simple:

A “month" is simply the cycle of the phases of the moon. From New Moon (Rosh Chodesh) to New Moon, the moon was Israel’s clock.

The day, too, was from sunset to sunset, with the sighting of the first three visible stars. Thus, this was the basis for the seven-day week, beginning with Yowm Rich’own (the Head Day or the first day of the week, Sunday) and ending with Shabbat (Sabbath or Saturday).

The year was based on the cycle of the ripeness of barley, the fruit of the trees, and on the spring equinox, choose any two (or all three).

Thus, months were alternating 29-day and 30-day periods. Shabbat always began at sundown on what we call Friday and lasted until sundown on Saturday, and years were either 12-month years or 13-month years in a complicated cycle of 19 years called the Metonic Cycle. Within this cycle, leap years would be years 3, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17 and 19. In leap years, a thirteenth month would be added, Adar I, consisting of 30 days. In those years, the regular Adar would become Adar II and would still contain only 29 days.

I agree with you about the coming 1000 years, but you must understand that this 1000 years will be the length of haSatan’s incarceration within the bottomless pit, not the length of the King’s reign!

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

That’s VERY important to understand! Furthermore, His Kingdom will exist ON THE EARTH! Even when the earth is re-born after the Fire, His Kingdom will still be upon the earth as the New Jerusalem (Yerushalayim haChadashah) lands on the New Earth (Erets haChadash).

Luke 19:11-28
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore,
A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

Revelation 20:6-21:3, 21:10-22:5
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven (Greek: ouranou = "of-the-sky") from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

KJV

Since the New Jerusalem lands (comes out of the sky, and has foundations sunk into the ground and gates through which visitors arrive), the throne ... of the Lamb shall be upon the New Earth, and His servants that shall serve him "shall reign for ever and ever.” The only thing that “the thousand years” limits is the time in which haSatan is imprisoned.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
I believe it is a literal thousand years, based on earth being almost 6,000 years old. We are heading towards the end.

Gen 2:2 NIV By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

Gen 6:3 NIV Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years."

Ex 35:2 NIV For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of sabbath rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death.

Psalm 90:4 NIV A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

Hosea 6:2 NIV After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.

2 Pet 3:8 NIV But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Rev 20:4 NIV I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, ATP.

ATP said:
I believe it is a literal thousand years, based on earth being almost 6,000 years old. We are heading towards the end.

Gen 2:2 NIV By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

Gen 6:3 NIV Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years."

Ex 35:2 NIV For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of sabbath rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death.

Psalm 90:4 NIV A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

Hosea 6:2 NIV After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.

2 Pet 3:8 NIV But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Rev 20:4 NIV I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
I’m curious: Why did you include Genesis 6:3? That’s not talking about a limit on a person’s age, y'know; it was to inform Noach how long it would be until the Flood! He was being told how long he would have to get the box (ark) built! This is a reference to the coming Flood through which Noach and his family would go!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, ATP.

I’m curious: Why did you include Genesis 6:3? That’s not talking about a limit on a person’s age, y'know; it was to inform Noach how long it would be until the Flood! He was being told how long he would have to get the box (ark) built! This is a reference to the coming Flood through which Noach and his family would go!
No, Gen 6:3 NIV is speaking of the 50 year Jubilee. Every 50 years a Jubilee occurs. 120 x 50 = 6,000 years for man.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, Straightshot.

No. One day does NOT always mean one literal 24-hour day. Sometimes, it is talking about the DAYLIGHT hours, approximately 12 hours.

Furthermore, I can’t stress enough the HORRIBLE ERROR of claiming a 360-day year, or a 30-day month, for that matter! This is so common an error, that it is well-ingrained within prophecy buffs, but there’s NO SUCH THING in Jewish time-keeping, even in prophetic passages! Jewish time-keeping is more complicated from our point of view, but it’s really quite simple:

A “month" is simply the cycle of the phases of the moon. From New Moon (Rosh Chodesh) to New Moon, the moon was Israel’s clock.

The day, too, was from sunset to sunset, with the sighting of the first three visible stars. Thus, this was the basis for the seven-day week, beginning with Yowm Rich’own (the Head Day or the first day of the week, Sunday) and ending with Shabbat (Sabbath or Saturday).

The year was based on the cycle of the ripeness of barley, the fruit of the trees, and on the spring equinox, choose any two (or all three).

Thus, months were alternating 29-day and 30-day periods. Shabbat always began at sundown on what we call Friday and lasted until sundown on Saturday, and years were either 12-month years or 13-month years in a complicated cycle of 19 years called the Metonic Cycle. Within this cycle, leap years would be years 3, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17 and 19. In leap years, a thirteenth month would be added, Adar I, consisting of 30 days. In those years, the regular Adar would become Adar II and would still contain only 29 days...
I've looked into the Jewish calendar a bit and I agree with what you're saying. There does seem to be a possibility, however, that the ancient Jews may have use a 360 day year. The problem is, as far as I know, that there's really no historical records that go back far enough to either confirm or deny such a claim. If I remember right there's some indication that the Babylonians used a 360 day year which, if so, may have had some influence on the Jews during captivity. From looking into it that's about all I've been able to come across. If you have any more info on the subject I would be grateful if you would post it for me. Thanks.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, toknowthetruth.

IF the Babylonians used a 360-day year, wouldn’t there be records of such? And, if they actually did, they would have experienced the same discrepancy that any people would have between the length of their “year” and the actual solar year cycle! Losing 5.25 days per year adds up rather quickly! As I’ve said before, such a people would be celebrating their holidays at the wrong time of the year very quickly!

Look, there’s just no justification for using a 360-day year, in SPITE of the way that “everything just seems falls into place” when one uses it! It’s called MANIPULATION of the figures, and it’s numeric FRAUD! It’s just like when one of our political parties “adjusts” the numbers to make it look like they’ve done a “great job!"

It’s also like a “Creationist” hedging his bet by saying that the “day” COULD really be representing a long time period and inventing the Day-Age theory!

If those examples are falsehoods (and they are), then so is the 360-day-per-year calculations! I don’t care how “perfect they are” (or SEEM to be); they are JIMMYING THE NUMBERS and MAKING THEM SAY WHAT THEY WANT THEM TO SAY!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, toknowthetruth.

IF the Babylonians used a 360-day year, wouldn’t there be records of such? And, if they actually did, they would have experienced the same discrepancy that any people would have between the length of their “year” and the actual solar year cycle! Losing 5.25 days per year adds up rather quickly! As I’ve said before, such a people would be celebrating their holidays at the wrong time of the year very quickly!

Look, there’s just no justification for using a 360-day year, in SPITE of the way that “everything just seems falls into place” when one uses it! It’s called MANIPULATION of the figures, and it’s numeric FRAUD! It’s just like when one of our political parties “adjusts” the numbers to make it look like they’ve done a “great job!"

It’s also like a “Creationist” hedging his bet by saying that the “day” COULD really be representing a long time period and inventing the Day-Age theory!

If those examples are falsehoods (and they are), then so is the 360-day-per-year calculations! I don’t care how “perfect they are” (or SEEM to be); they are JIMMYING THE NUMBERS and MAKING THEM SAY WHAT THEY WANT THEM TO SAY!
What are you talking about Retro. Everyone who is everyone knows God's calender works off of 360 days a year, where have you been? Where do you think 1,260 days comes from in the Great Tribulation. 360 x 3.5 = 1,260

Dan 7:25 NIV He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.

Dan 12:7 NIV The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, "It will be for a time, times and half a time. When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed."

Rev 11:2-3 NIV But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth."

Rev 12:6 NIV The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Rev 12:14 NIV The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach.

Rev 13:5 NIV The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months.

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, toknowthetruth.

I tend to agree with you on this one. I'm just not completely sure about it. It does seem like the lack of any historical evidence does point towards it being unfounded. Of course that was quite some time ago so the lack of evidence wouldn't completely rule it out.

Another thing I wonder about is how they would have kept track of holy days, etc., with a 360 day year since the cycles of the moon would have been out of sync. I suppose they could have had a few calendars in central locations where people could come to find out what day of the year it was if they needed to. But maybe that wasn't a real need back then. Guess there's really no place to get any real answers to these type of questions.

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
"I am curious as to how others view this period of time, and what scripture they have to support their viewpoint. What I am looking for is scripture outside of Revelation that refers to this period as a thousand years. Based on the writings from the prophets of the Old Testament, and the writings of the New Testament, this time is overwhelmingly referred to as a day."
2 Peter 3:8-10 (KJV)
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

If you do the calculations, G-d was on the planet as Yeshua for a full extent of 1.98 heavenly minutes. It is we humans that live in such measured time that we perceive the least delay of the promised return as unbearable, always jumping to the conclusion that we have waited long enough when Abba is merely giving those He loves more time to polish their armor, and get ready for the big parade.

However, it does make one wonder whether the Day of the L-rd is before the Millenium, or after it, since Sha'ul was being very specific about the planet and heavens burning up, and that doesn't happen until Yeshua trounces haSatan for a second time...and then the New Heaven and Earth are made. Ahh, Eden! It will be nice, but it's a long way off, even if Yeshua comes tomorrow, which from the Prophecies in place, can't quite happen yet.

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
HammerStone said:
As an aside of this, this would also date creation at ~13,000 years ago or so if each Genesis day becomes a period of time of around 1,000 years as humanity understands them. Although not perfect, it would be more consistent with some of the scientific evidence that the first peoples with fairly advanced tools arose around this time, give or take a few thousand years. My intent is not to make this a debate, but it is to explain my reasoning based upon what I see in the Bible.
The inventor of carbon dating warned the scientific community that it wasn't reliable for more than about 500 years, so take heart on the supposed time line...humans don't count very well anyway...just look at all the calender mixups!

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Born_Again said:
I saw this posted on another forum and was curious how it would be answered on here. Out of the 148 replies it received, I only saw a couple that may have been close to what I think it means..... So, guys and gals, what do you think?

What do you all think?

BA
I understand the "thousand years" of Rev 21 in the same way the Lord has always used the term "thousand" in all of preceeding scriptures;

He remembers his covenant forever, the word he commanded, for a thousand generations. (1 Chronicles 16:15) [forever = one thousand]

For every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. (Psalm 50:10) [obvious not "just" the ones on an exact number of hills somewhere]

May the LORD, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised! (Deuteronomy 1:11)

[This passage is not intending to limit God's blessing to an increase of only one thousand times. Rather it is consistently God's speech of "Forever". Here it is the source of "all" increase and "all" blessing Forever, as He promised.]

How could one man chase a thousand, or two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, unless the LORD had given them up? (Deuteronomy 32:30)

Again here of course, the phrase "a thousand" is not intended to represent an exact number of men in an army, but rather, a huge indeterminate amount of men.

The "thousand years" began when the Kingdom began. Luke 1 is a great place to read about when that began;

Especially Acts 2. When the Kingdom began with the Power of God, as Christ promised.

And CHRIST'S Kindgom is Forever WITHOUT END :) (I can provide those refs too if anyone needs)

Straightshot

May 1, 2015
Response to the OP

The Lord's millennial kingdom view in the OT [Isaiah 11; Ezekiel 36; 40-48; Micah 4; 5; Zechariah 14]

You would have to give me the OT scriptures referring to "day" that you are using .... then I will answer

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, ATP. (Sorry this is so late in coming.)

ATP said:
What are you talking about Retro. Everyone who is everyone knows God's calender works off of 360 days a year, where have you been? Where do you think 1,260 days comes from in the Great Tribulation. 360 x 3.5 = 1,260

Dan 7:25 NIV He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.

Dan 12:7 NIV The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, "It will be for a time, times and half a time. When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed."

Rev 11:2-3 NIV But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth."

Rev 12:6 NIV The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Rev 12:14 NIV The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach.

Rev 13:5 NIV The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months.
“Everyone?” Really?! No, IT DOESN’T WORK! I can’t say it enough times or loud enough to emphasize how completely bizarre this 360-day-year nonsense is! The reason why these time periods in Rev. 11:2-3, 12:6, 12:14, and 13:5 are said differently is because they are THREE DIFFERENT LENGTHS OF TIME! They are NOT just three different ways of saying the same length of time!

The 1,260 days are one thousand, two hundred sixty 24-hour rotations of the earth to the sun!

The 42 months are forty-two cycles of the moon, from new moon to new moon or approximately 29.5 days each cycle or a total of 1,239 days!

The “time, times (dual), and half a time” are 3.5 cycles of mow`adiym or holiday-cycles/seasons, each consisting of 365.2422 days or 1,278.3 days!

Please, get over the tendency to use this nonsense as though it was gospel fact simply because it SEEMS so easy and convenient! That’s a DECEPTION!