The Thousand years

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw this posted on another forum and was curious how it would be answered on here. Out of the 148 replies it received, I only saw a couple that may have been close to what I think it means..... So, guys and gals, what do you think?

"I am curious as to how others view this period of time, and what scripture they have to support their viewpoint. What I am looking for is scripture outside of Revelation that refers to this period as a thousand years. Based on the writings from the prophets of the Old Testament, and the writings of the New Testament, this time is overwhelmingly referred to as a day."

What do you all think?

BA

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not as decided on this as I think I once was.

I've always interpreted 2 Peter 3:8 probably more to the literal side since it would make sense based upon a couple things. The first link was in Genesis 2:17 where God tells Adam don't eat of that tree, or he will die on the day that he eats from eat. I believe that traditional interpretation has been that Adam either died spiritually or God showed mercy by not killing him then and there. I leaned towards the literal because if you'll notice that with the old age achievers of the Old Testament period, none of them made it to 1000 years of age. The oldest, Methuselah, died at 969. In other words, they did indeed die in God's day if it's reckoned at 1,000 years.

As an aside of this, this would also date creation at ~13,000 years ago or so if each Genesis day becomes a period of time of around 1,000 years as humanity understands them. Although not perfect, it would be more consistent with some of the scientific evidence that the first peoples with fairly advanced tools arose around this time, give or take a few thousand years. My intent is not to make this a debate, but it is to explain my reasoning based upon what I see in the Bible.

The other feature I've gone off of is the OT references to the Day of the Lord and their correlation with verses that speak about this millennium period. Ezekiel 40 onward talks about this period, as do verses in Revelation that we are all familiar with. I happen to think it will be a period of teaching because of some of the confusing references to first fruits that are often hijacked by the Universalists.

With that said, I full sail recognize that this flies in the face of most traditional interpretations. I am certainly open to postmillennial or amillennial points of view, and find some of the arguments convincing, but I am not sold yet.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Born_Again said:
"I am curious as to how others view this period of time, and what scripture they have to support their viewpoint. What I am looking for is scripture outside of Revelation that refers to this period as a thousand years. Based on the writings from the prophets of the Old Testament, and the writings of the New Testament, this time is overwhelmingly referred to as a day."

What do you all think?

BA
What writings isinuate a day? Anything apart from 2 Pet 3:8?

He is being ridiculous to ask for scripture outside of revelation. How in the universe can John, or anyone missinterpret this? Rev 20:13 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time. John will not be impressed with this guy ignoring his best attempts to pen what God showed him.

If we believed the millenium was for adults that survive the tribulation then I can agree with a day as they either accepted or rejected the mark of the beast. But if it's for the children to live on, then a day is madness as God has never given mankind only a day to accept or reject Him. That can happen with angels, not humans. God is impartial. Rev 20:13 also speaks of God's impartiality. If He put satan with Adam He will put satan with all humans when they are at an age of accountability.

So we need to grasp what this guy thinks of kids and mentally handicapped in heaven. The millenium speaks to me of the age when ''all'' humans who have not be trialed will be trialed. The devil will deceive for the last time.

With Jesus in command, the ozone will recover and mankind will live as long as Adam. Does it really make sense to think of us reigning with Jesus...for a day... :) :D.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Psalm 90:4 NIV A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
ATP said:
Psalm 90:4 NIV A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.
When I said anything apart from 1 Pet 3:8 I meant anything apart from the satement ''to God one day is as 1000 years''.

Any ''before the sun rises on that day, the devil will be released'....or ''We will reign with Jesus over the inhabitants of the earth for a short while or from sunrise to sunset''.

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
I read but can't reply this thread as i haven't studied/worked-it-out enough. But just re day/millenium dispute the last couple of replies:
they don't mean a literal day/yome but a figurate "day/yome" (1000 years). So they aren't saying the 1000 years is only a literal day, but that a "day" can be a thousand years / a thousand years can be a figurative day.
Roughly like the Egyptians called month a year, except in that case it is shorter not longer year.
They also called a 4years period a year, so a "year" can be either a month, year or 4 years.
A "day/yom(e)" in bibical can be a 12 hour day, a 24 hour day, a year, a 1000 years.
The 6/7/8 days of Genesis 1 would be literal in/for that chapter, but they can also be figurative/prophetic for 6/7 thousand years of history from then to the millenium.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KingJ said:
What writings isinuate a day? Anything apart from 2 Pet 3:8?
Hosea 6:2

1 " Come, let us return to the Lord.
For He has torn us, but He will heal us;
He has wounded us, but He will bandage us.

2 "He will revive us after two days;
He will raise us up on the third day,

That we may live before Him.

3 "So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord.
His going forth is as certain as the dawn;
And He will come to us like the rain,
Like the spring rain watering the earth."

This can be said to be set in the time after the one 'seven' when the ingathering (Isa 2:3; Zec 8:23) begins to the appointed meeting time with God at Mount Zion (Isa 4:4-5) where the festival of tents will be fulfilled.
In addition, this is one of three times Jesus' advents are compared to the "rains".

Joel 2:23 So rejoice, O sons of Zion,
And be glad in the Lord your God;
For He has given you the early rain for your vindication.
And He has poured down for you the rain,
The early and latter rain as before.

SoS 5:2 My dove, my perfect one!
For my head is drenched with dew,
My locks with the damp of the night. '

(I've got to run, so no time to explain the eschatological setting for these two references, sorry.)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no specific Scripture, but it's really not needed seeing that Revelation 20:4-9 KJV is clear that the thousand years separate by the two resurrections, of life and damnation. Jesus comes to resurrect the saints and the wicked drop dead in their tracks from His glory, and then takes them home to the celestial city for a thousand years while the earth is completely desolate of human life (Isaiah 24, Jeremiah 4,25) and returns with the saints in the celestial city to touch His feet upon the ground as the wicked are resurrected outside the city, judged before the Great White Throne, and then cast into the Lake of Fire. Jesuit Futurism completely ignores this period of utter desolation and emptying of the Earth spoken of in prophecy, but insists that there is always human activity on the earth throughout the unfolding of prophecy. Might post on this topic with the verses in a new OP.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no specific Scripture?

Now you're showing your ignorance of the Bible blind guide. I'll let you lead your band of blind followers down your rabbit hole.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marcus O'Reillius said:
There is no specific Scripture?

Now you're showing your ignorance of the Bible blind guide. I'll let you lead your band of blind followers down your rabbit hole.
No specific Scripture outside of Revelation referring to the Millennium that IS referred to in Revelation is what I mean.

Marcus O'Reillius said:
Hosea 6:2

1 " Come, let us return to the Lord.
For He has torn us, but He will heal us;
He has wounded us, but He will bandage us.

2 "He will revive us after two days;
He will raise us up on the third day,

That we may live before Him.

3 "So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord.
His going forth is as certain as the dawn;
And He will come to us like the rain,
Like the spring rain watering the earth."

This can be said to be set in the time after the one 'seven' when the ingathering (Isa 2:3; Zec 8:23) begins to the appointed meeting time with God at Mount Zion (Isa 4:4-5) where the festival of tents will be fulfilled.

In addition, this is one of three times Jesus' advents are compared to the "rains".

Joel 2:23 So rejoice, O sons of Zion,
And be glad in the Lord your God;
For He has given you the early rain for your vindication.
And He has poured down for you the rain,
The early and latter rain as before.

SoS 5:2 My dove, my perfect one!
For my head is drenched with dew,
My locks with the damp of the night. '

(I've got to run, so no time to explain the eschatological setting for these two references, sorry.)
All of eternity is not enough time for you to explain your Jesuit delusions of grandeur from which you conclude that the Feast of Tabernacles will follow some "future 70th week", which is obtained by inserting a "2,000 year gap of time" into the prophecy - something which is found no where else in Scripture.
  • It was Jesus Christ to which Daniel points us in his prophecy of the 70 weeks, NOT SOME FUTURE ANTICHRIST.
  • It was Jesus Christ's baptism which ended the 69th week and began the 70th week in which He would "confirm the covenant with many for one week", NOT SOME FUTURE ANTICHRIST.
  • It was Jesus Christ who caused "the sacrifices and oblations to cease", NOT SOME FUTURE ANTICHRIST, when He, the One to which those pointed, was sacrificed. The Jews continued to sacrifice after Calvary because they were too blind and stupid, as is the case of many today, to see that any further burnt offerings were in God's sight nothing more than just a Bar-be-Confusion.
  • It was Jesus Christ Who is "the messenger of the covenant" Who "came to confirm the promises", Who on the night before His death signified with the cup of pure grape juice that He was the One Daniel said would "confirm the covenant with many for one week", for 3 1/2 years in Person and then for 3 1/2 years through His disciples, after which Stephen was stoned and Saul was raised up to be Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles.
  • The ANTICHRIST came right when Daniel said it would and you are too blind to see that it is ANTICHRIST Jesuit doctrine that you are teaching!!!! (or, are you a Jesuit yourself?)
Give up your sad devotion to Jesuit Futurism and study what the Protestant Reformers said about Antichrist and the Second Coming.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Phoneman777 said:
No specific Scripture outside of Revelation referring to the Millennium that IS referred to in Revelation is what I mean.

All of eternity is not enough time for you to explain your Jesuit delusions of grandeur from which you conclude that the Feast of Tabernacles will follow some "future 70th week", which is obtained by inserting a "2,000 year gap of time" into the prophecy - something which is found no where else in Scripture.
  • It was Jesus Christ to which Daniel points us in his prophecy of the 70 weeks, NOT SOME FUTURE ANTICHRIST.
  • It was Jesus Christ's baptism which ended the 69th week and began the 70th week in which He would "confirm the covenant with many for one week", NOT SOME FUTURE ANTICHRIST.
  • It was Jesus Christ who caused "the sacrifices and oblations to cease", NOT SOME FUTURE ANTICHRIST, when He, the One to which those pointed, was sacrificed. The Jews continued to sacrifice after Calvary because they were too blind and stupid, as is the case of many today, to see that any further burnt offerings were in God's sight nothing more than just a Bar-be-Confusion.
  • It was Jesus Christ Who is "the messenger of the covenant" Who "came to confirm the promises", Who on the night before His death signified with the cup of pure grape juice that He was the One Daniel said would "confirm the covenant with many for one week", for 3 1/2 years in Person and then for 3 1/2 years through His disciples, after which Stephen was stoned and Saul was raised up to be Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles.
  • The ANTICHRIST came right when Daniel said it would and you are too blind to see that it is ANTICHRIST Jesuit doctrine that you are teaching!!!! (or, are you a Jesuit yourself?)
Give up your sad devotion to Jesuit Futurism and study what the Protestant Reformers said about Antichrist and the Second Coming.
<< your Jesuit delusions of grandeur >>

ROFL!!!!! :lol: Really?? You actually said that with a straight face??? SNL might could use you as the new "Church Lady."

<< study what the Protestant Reformers>>

Where in the scriptures is there any support for Protesting against and then reforming the Church which Christ established?

It doesn't.

Born_Again said:
I saw this posted on another forum and was curious how it would be answered on here. Out of the 148 replies it received, I only saw a couple that may have been close to what I think it means..... So, guys and gals, what do you think?

What do you all think?

BA
The thousand year reign of Christ is mentioned only in the Apocalypse, which is highly symbolic and very difficult (maybe impossible) to assign a perfect meaning to many of the passages.

Given that understanding, consider:

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and they shall reign with him a thousand years

Is there any scriptural indication of exactly when that reign of Christ begins?

Absolutely.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Jesus having "All power and authority in heaven and on earth" means that Jesus had already started His reign at that time.

Who are the priests of God and of Christ?

The Church is.

1Pe 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, that you may declare the wonderful deeds of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

What about the first resurrection?

Rom 6:3-4 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

That is our first experience of resurrection.

Paul also said at 2Co 5:17 Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, behold, the new has come.

How is the Church supposed to "reign with Christ"?

First, scripture describes believers as being "in Christ." At Ephesians 5:31-32, Paul says that the Church is "one flesh" with Christ.

Eph 5:31-2 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." This mystery is a profound one, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church;

Paul also stated that Christ was "in us."

Col 1:27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

And Jesus describes our "connection" with Him and the Father in this manner:

John 14:20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

We reign with Christ because He is reigning in heaven and earth and we are in Him and He is in us.

And, concerning a thousand years?

Very little of the language in the Revelation is meant to be a literal, exact representation of John's visions. In fact, the visions were beyond accurate description using human language. Why then would we decide that the number 1000 is literal when we struggle with understanding the meaning of the rest of the words surrounding it?

Other scriptural references to a thousand years tell us not to take the number literally.

Psa 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.

2Pe 3:8 But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I suggest that "1000" years means "a long time" from the human perspective.

The way I see it is Christ is already reigning, the "1000 years" is now, and, just as God put Adam in the garden to care for it, so God has put the Church in the world as the real presence of the eschatological Kingdom of God in the fallen world today. And the job of the church is, I believe, as His priesthood, to represent (demonstrate, be) Christ to the world and to intercede in prayer before God for the salvation of the world.

So, rather than debating about when what will happen and who's going to be the beast and the anti-Christ and, and, and... we need to be about the Lord's business.

Luke 12:35-38 Let your loins be girded and your lamps burning, and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the marriage feast, so that they may open to him at once when he comes and knocks.
Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes; truly, I say to you, he will gird himself and have them sit at table, and he will come and serve them. If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them so, blessed are those servants!

and

Mat 24:44-46 Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time? Blessed is that servant whom his master when he comes will find so doing.

Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on earth? (Luke 18:8)

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, JimParker.

JimParker said:
<< your Jesuit delusions of grandeur >>

ROFL!!!!! :lol: Really?? You actually said that with a straight face??? SNL might could use you as the new "Church Lady."

<< study what the Protestant Reformers>>

Where in the scriptures is there any support for Protesting against and then reforming the Church which Christ established?

It doesn't.

The thousand year reign of Christ is mentioned only in the Apocalypse, which is highly symbolic and very difficult (maybe impossible) to assign a perfect meaning to many of the passages.

Given that understanding, consider:

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and they shall reign with him a thousand years

Is there any scriptural indication of exactly when that reign of Christ begins?

Absolutely.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Jesus having "All power and authority in heaven and on earth" means that Jesus had already started His reign at that time.

Who are the priests of God and of Christ?

The Church is.

1Pe 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, that you may declare the wonderful deeds of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

What about the first resurrection?

Rom 6:3-4 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

That is our first experience of resurrection.

Paul also said at 2Co 5:17 Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, behold, the new has come.

How is the Church supposed to "reign with Christ"?

First, scripture describes believers as being "in Christ." At Ephesians 5:31-32, Paul says that the Church is "one flesh" with Christ.

Eph 5:31-2 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." This mystery is a profound one, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church;

Paul also stated that Christ was "in us."

Col 1:27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

And Jesus describes our "connection" with Him and the Father in this manner:

John 14:20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

We reign with Christ because He is reigning in heaven and earth and we are in Him and He is in us.

And, concerning a thousand years?

Very little of the language in the Revelation is meant to be a literal, exact representation of John's visions. In fact, the visions were beyond accurate description using human language. Why then would we decide that the number 1000 is literal when we struggle with understanding the meaning of the rest of the words surrounding it?

Other scriptural references to a thousand years tell us not to take the number literally.

Psa 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.

2Pe 3:8 But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I suggest that "1000" years means "a long time" from the human perspective.

The way I see it is Christ is already reigning, the "1000 years" is now, and, just as God put Adam in the garden to care for it, so God has put the Church in the world as the real presence of the eschatological Kingdom of God in the fallen world today. And the job of the church is, I believe, as His priesthood, to represent (demonstrate, be) Christ to the world and to intercede in prayer before God for the salvation of the world.

So, rather than debating about when what will happen and who's going to be the beast and the anti-Christ and, and, and... we need to be about the Lord's business.

Luke 12:35-38 Let your loins be girded and your lamps burning, and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the marriage feast, so that they may open to him at once when he comes and knocks.
Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes; truly, I say to you, he will gird himself and have them sit at table, and he will come and serve them. If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them so, blessed are those servants!

and

Mat 24:44-46 Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time? Blessed is that servant whom his master when he comes will find so doing.

Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on earth? (Luke 18:8)
That’s all nonsense, of course. If Yochanan (John) had meant to say "a long time,” he would have SAID “a long time!” He would NOT have used the figure “chilia etee” when he has already used such numbers as “12,000," “144,000," a "thousand thousands,” etc. To say otherwise is to confuse the issue.

The Kingdom is NOT present, yet, because the KING is not physically present, yet!

Regarding Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8, you’re neglecting the key words “in thy sight” and “with the Lord.” It’s not about “the human perspective”; these are from GOD’S perspective!

The “church” as a noun is a non-entity. It is neither a corporation, an organization, nor is it an institution. The Greek word translated “church,” namely “ekkleesia,” is a PARTICIPLE! It can be treated as a noun, in which case it is more like our gerund, but it’s primary meaning is “a called-out [group of people].” In reality, it should be treated more like a collective “noun” in the sense that it is like “flock” (of sheep), “school” (of fish), or “pride” (of lions). It does NOT refer to a single entity! It refers to PEOPLE! When we read that “Christ (the Messiah) loved the church and died for it,” did He love and die for an organization? NO! He loved and died for PEOPLE! The “Church” (capital “C”) is TOTALLY non-existent in Scripture! The collections of people commonly called ekkleesiai (“churches”) were always LOCAL and VISIBLE bodies of people in each town!

It certainly is NOT currently “reigning with Christ!” And, I believe that your confusion comes from an inaccurate understanding of what “Christ” means. You have NO concept of what the “Messiah” (for that is what “Christ” means) meant to the children of Israel who awaited His arrival! To transfer His title to some concept about the “Church” is a dangerous courting of “replacement theology!” Most of those who call themselves “Christian” have NO experience or talent in “reigning” over ANYTHING OR ANYBODY! Fooey, the ones who call themselves “Christian” would certainly make a MESS of things trying to “reign!” They’d be just as bad as a novice being elected as the USA’s President!

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: If the Messiah Yeshua` (the Christ Jesus) is reigning ANYWHERE on this earth, He is doing a HIGHLY INEFFECTIVE JOB OF IT! This is certainly NOT “His Kingdom!” But, for some of you all, it will take the Lord’s Return and establishment of His Kingdom for you to recognize the difference!

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, JimParker.

That’s all nonsense, of course. If Yochanan (John) had meant to say "a long time,” he would have SAID “a long time!” He would NOT have used the figure “chilia etee” when he has already used such numbers as “12,000," “144,000," a "thousand thousands,” etc. To say otherwise is to confuse the issue.

The Kingdom is NOT present, yet, because the KING is not physically present, yet!

Regarding Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8, you’re neglecting the key words “in thy sight” and “with the Lord.” It’s not about “the human perspective”; these are from GOD’S perspective!

The “church” as a noun is a non-entity. It is neither a corporation, an organization, nor is it an institution. The Greek word translated “church,” namely “ekkleesia,” is a PARTICIPLE! It can be treated as a noun, in which case it is more like our gerund, but it’s primary meaning is “a called-out [group of people].” In reality, it should be treated more like a collective “noun” in the sense that it is like “flock” (of sheep), “school” (of fish), or “pride” (of lions). It does NOT refer to a single entity! It refers to PEOPLE! When we read that “Christ (the Messiah) loved the church and died for it,” did He love and die for an organization? NO! He loved and died for PEOPLE! The “Church” (capital “C”) is TOTALLY non-existent in Scripture! The collections of people commonly called ekkleesiai (“churches”) were always LOCAL and VISIBLE bodies of people in each town!

It certainly is NOT currently “reigning with Christ!” And, I believe that your confusion comes from an inaccurate understanding of what “Christ” means. You have NO concept of what the “Messiah” (for that is what “Christ” means) meant to the children of Israel who awaited His arrival! To transfer His title to some concept about the “Church” is a dangerous courting of “replacement theology!” Most of those who call themselves “Christian” have NO experience or talent in “reigning” over ANYTHING OR ANYBODY! Fooey, the ones who call themselves “Christian” would certainly make a MESS of things trying to “reign!” They’d be just as bad as a novice being elected as the USA’s President!

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: If the Messiah Yeshua` (the Christ Jesus) is reigning ANYWHERE on this earth, He is doing a HIGHLY INEFFECTIVE JOB OF IT! This is certainly NOT “His Kingdom!” But, for some of you all, it will take the Lord’s Return and establishment of His Kingdom for you to recognize the difference!
Thank you for your opinion.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Born_Again said:

What do you all think?

BA
There was a good bit taught on the thousand years in the early church. They said that the days of creation were both literal and prophetic. The creation was 6 literal days and God rested on the seventh and they also said that they were prophetic of 6000 years that man would be under the curse. Paul does reference the Sabbath rest that awaits the believers with the thousand years.

NKJ Hebrews 4:1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them1, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath,`They shall not enter My rest1,'" although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works1";
5 and again in this place: "They shall not enter My rest1."
6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,
7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, "Today," after such a long time, as it has been said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts1."
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. (Heb 4:1-11 NKJ)

Paul speaks of the Jews not entering into the promised land by quoting David,who prophesied the words of God saying, they would not enter His rest. The rest of God is the promised land and Paul concludes from David in the Psalms that there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. It remains that the people of God will enter the promised land, it will be believers. We know when Christ returns that He will enter in the times of the Kingdom. This is the seventh day. According to John in Revelation that will one thousand years.

Here are some quotes from the early Christians about the six days.

[SIZE=28pt]The Early Church and Six Thousand Years[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Psalm 90:4[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]2 Peter 3:8[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Clement of Rome[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] (AD, 30-100), Justin (AD, 110-165) and Irenaeus (AD, 120-202) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“And the fact that it was not said of the seventh day equally with the other days, ‘And there was evening, and there was morning,’ is a distinct indication of the consummation which is to take place in it before it is finished, as the fathers declare, especially St. Clement, and Irenaeus, and Justin the martyr and philosopher.‛” (From the writings of Anastasius)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Fragments of Papias[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], (AD, 70-155)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Taking occasion from Papias of Hierapolis, the illustrious, a disciple of the apostle who leaned on the bosom of Christ, and Clemens, and Pantaenus the priest of [the Church] of the Alexandrians, and the wise Ammonius, the ancient and first expositors, who agreed with each other, who understood the work of the six days as referring to Christ and the whole Church.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Barnabas[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], (AD 70-130)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]““And God made in six days the works of His hands, and made an end on the seventh day, and rested on it, and sanctified it.” Attend, my children, to the meaning of this expression, “He finished in six days.” This implieth that the Lord will finish all things in six thousand years, for a day is with Him a thousand years. And He Himself testifieth, saying, “Behold, to-day will be as a thousand years.” (Ps. 90:4; 2 Pet. 3:8) Therefore, my children, in six days, that is, in six thousand years, all things will be finished. “And He rested on the seventh day.” This meaneth: when His Son, coming [again], shall destroy the time of the wicked man, and judge the ungodly, and change the sun, and the moon, and the stars, then shall He truly rest on the seventh day.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Irenaeus[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], (AD, 120-202) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“But when this Antichrist shall have devastated all things in this world, he will reign for three years and six months, and sit in the temple at Jerusalem; and then the Lord will come from heaven in the clouds, in the glory of the Father, sending this man and those who follow him into the lake of fire; but bringing in for the righteous the times of the kingdom, that is, the rest, the hallowed seventh day; and restoring to Abraham the promised inheritance, in which kingdom the Lord declared, that “many coming from the east and from the west should sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” (Matt. 8:11)”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] “[He gives this] as a summing up of the whole of that apostasy which has taken place during six thousand years. 3. For in as many days as this world was made, in so many thousand years shall it be concluded. And for this reason the Scripture says: “Thus the heaven and the earth were finished, and all their adornment. And God brought to a conclusion upon the sixth day the works that He had made; and God rested upon the seventh day from all His works.” (Gen. 2:2) This is an account of the things formerly created, as also it is a prophecy of what is to come. For the day of the Lord is as a thousand years; (2 Pet. 3:8) and in six days created things were completed: it is evident, therefore, that they will come to an end at the sixth thousand year.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] “Thus, then, the six hundred years of Noah, in whose time the deluge occurred because of the apostasy, and the number of the cubits of the image for which these just men were sent into the fiery furnace, do indicate the number of the name of that man in whom is concentrated the whole apostasy of six thousand years, and unrighteousness, and wickedness, and false prophecy, and deception; for which things’ sake a cataclysm of fire shall also come [upon the earth].”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] “These are [to take place] in the times of the kingdom, that is, upon the seventh day, which has been sanctified, in which God rested from all the works which He created, which is the true Sabbath of the righteous, which they shall not be engaged in any earthly occupation; but shall have a table at hand prepared for them by God, supplying them with all sorts of dishes.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] “For what are the hundred-fold [rewards] in this word, the entertainments given to the poor, and the suppers for which a return is made? These are [to take place] in the times of the kingdom, that is, upon the seventh day, which has been sanctified, in which God rested from all the works which He created, which is the true Sabbath of the righteous, which they shall not be engaged in any earthly occupation; but shall have a table at hand prepared for them by God, supplying them with all sorts of dishes.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Hippolytus[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], (AD, 170-236)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“And 6,000 years must needs be accomplished, in order that the Sabbath may come, the rest, the holy day “on which God rested from all His works.”80I-11-80 For the Sabbath is the type and emblem of the future kingdom of the saints, when they “shall reign with Christ,” when He comes from heaven, as John says in his Apocalypse: for “a day with the Lord is as a thousand years.” (Psalms 90:4) Since, then, in six days God made all things, it follows that 6,000 years must be fulfilled.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Commodianus[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], (AD, 240)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Adam was the first who fell, and that he might shun the precepts of God, Belial was his tempter by the lust of the palm tree. And he conferred on us also what he did, whether of good or of evil, as being the chief of all that was born from him; and thence we die by his means, as he himself, receding from the divine, became an outcast from the Word. We shall be immortal when six thousand years are accomplished.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] “This has pleased Christ, that the dead should rise again, yea, with their bodies; and those, too, whom in this world the fire has burned, when six thousand years are completed, and the world has come to an end. The heaven in the meantime is changed with an altered course, for then the wicked are burnt up with divine fire.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Cyprian[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], (AD, 200-258)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“But what more fitly or more fully agrees with my own care and solicitude, than to prepare the people divinely entrusted to me, and an army established in the heavenly camp, by assiduous exhortations against the darts and weapons of the devil? For he cannot be a soldier fitted for the war who has not first been exercised in the field; nor will he who seeks to gain the crown of contest be rewarded on the racecourse, unless he first considers the use and skilfulness of his powers. It is an ancient adversary and an old enemy with whom we wage our battle: six thousand years are now nearly completed since the devil first attacked man. All kinds of temptation, and arts, and snares for his overthrow, he has learned by the very practice of long years. If he finds Christ’s soldier unprepared, if unskilled, if not careful and watching with his whole heart; he circumvents him if ignorant, he deceives him incautious, he cheats him inexperienced. But if a man, keeping the Lord’s precepts, and bravely adhering to Christ, stands against him, he must needs be conquered, because Christ, whom that man confesses, is unconquered.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Methodius[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], (AD, 230-312)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“He says that Origen, after having fabled many things concerning the eternity of the universe, adds this also: Nor yet from Adam, as some say, did man, previously not existing, first take his existence and come into the world. Nor again did the world begin to be made six days before the creation of Adam. But if any one should prefer to differ in these points, let him first say, whether a period of time be not easily reckoned from the creation of the world, according to the Book of Moses, to those who so receive it, the voice of prophecy here proclaiming: “Thou art God from everlasting, and world without end. . . . For a thousand years in Thy sight are but as yesterday: seeing that is past as a watch in the night.” (Ps. 90:2, 4) For when a thousand years are reckoned as one day in the sight of God, and from the creation of the world to His rest is six days, so also to our time, six days are defined, as those say who are clever arithmeticians. Therefore, they say that an age of six thousand years extends from Adam to our time. For they say that the judgment will come on the seventh day, that is in the seventh thousand year. “ [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] “For since in six days God made the heaven and the earth, and finished the whole world, and rested on the seventh day from all His works which He had made, and blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, (Gen. 2:1) so by a figure in the seventh month, when the fruits of the earth have been gathered in, we are commanded to keep the feast to the Lord, which signifies that, when this world shall be terminated at the seventh thousand years, when God shall have completed the world, He shall rejoice in us.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] “For I also, taking my journey, and going forth from the Egypt of this life, came first to the resurrection, which is the true Feast of the Tabernacles, and there having set up my tabernacle, adorned with the fruits of virtue, on the first day of the resurrection, which is the day of judgment, celebrate with Christ the millennium of rest, which is called the seventh day, even the true Sabbath.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Lactantius[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], (AD, 260-320)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Therefore, since all the works of God were completed in six days, the world must continue in its present state through six ages, that is, six thousand years. For the great day of God is limited by a circle of a thousand years, as the prophet shows, who says, (Ps. 90:4; see also 2 Pet. 3:8) “In Thy sight, O Lord, a thousand years are as one day.” And as God laboured during those six days in creating such great works, so His religion and truth must labour during these six thousand years, while wickedness prevails and bears rule. And again, since God, having finished His works, rested the seventh day and blessed it, at the end of the six thousandth year all wickedness must be abolished from the earth, and righteousness reign for a thousand years; and there must be tranquillity and rest from the labours which the world now has long endured.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“But we, whom the Holy Scriptures instruct to the knowledge of the truth, know the beginning and the end of the world, respecting which we will now speak in the end of our work, since we have explained respecting the beginning in the second book. Therefore let the philosophers, who enumerate thousands of ages from the beginning of the world, know that the six thousandth year is not yet completed, and that when this number is completed the consummation must take place, and the condition of human affairs be remodelled for the better, the proof of which must first be related, that the matter itself may be plain. God completed the world and this admirable work of nature in the space of six days, as is contained in the secrets of Holy Scripture, and consecrated the seventh day, on which He had rested from His works. But this is the Sabbath-day, which in the language of the Hebrews received its name from the number, whence the seventh is the legitimate and complete number.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“Perhaps some one may now ask when these things of which we have spoken are about to come to pass? I have already shown above, that when six thousand years shall be completed this change must take place, and that the last day of the extreme conclusion is now drawing near. It is permitted us to know respecting the signs, which are spoken by the prophets, for they foretold signs by which the consummation of the times is to be expected by us from day to day, and to be feared.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]“For six thousand years have not yet been completed, and when this number shall be made up, then at length all evil will be taken away, that justice alone may reign.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Bardesanes[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], (AD, 180-220) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“And this,” says he, “is one synchronism of them all; that is, the time of one such synchronism of them. So that from hence it appears that to complete 100 such synchronisms there will be required six thousands of years. Thus :— 200 revolutions of Saturn, six thousands of years; 500 revolutions of Jupiter, 6 thousands of years; 4 thousand revolutions of Mars, 6 thousands of years; Six thousand revolutions of the Sun, 6 thousands of years; 7 thousand and 200 revolutions of Venus, 6 thousands of years; 12 thousand revolutions of Mercury, 6 thousands of years; 72 thousand revolutions of the Moon, 6 thousands of years.” These things did Bardesan thus compute when desiring to show that this world would stand only six thousands of years.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Victorinus[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], (AD, ?-303,304)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“And in Matthew we read, that it is written Isaiah also and the rest of his colleagues broke the Sabbath (Matt. 12:5)—that that true and just Sabbath should be observed in the seventh millenary of years. Wherefore to those seven days the Lord attributed to each a thousand years; for thus went the warning: “In Thine eyes, O Lord, a thousand years are as one day.” (Ps. 110:4) Therefore in the eyes of the Lord each thousand of years is ordained, for I find that the Lord’s eyes are seven. (Zech. 4:10) Wherefore, as I have narrated, that true Sabbath will be in the seventh millenary of years, when Christ with His elect shall reign.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Agustin[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], (AD, 354-430)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]“Chapter 40.—About the Most Mendacious Vanity of the Egyptians, in Which They Ascribe to Their Science an Antiquity of a Hundred Thousand Years. In vain, then, do some babble with most empty presumption, saying that Egypt has understood the reckoning of the stars for more than a hundred thousand years. For in what books have they collected that number who learned letters from Isis their mistress, not much more than two thousand years ago? Varro, who has declared this, is no small authority in history, and it does not disagree with the truth of the divine books. For as it is not yet six thousand years since the first man, who is called Adam, are not those to be ridiculed rather than refuted who try to persuade us of anything regarding a space of time so different from, and contrary to, the ascertained truth? For what historian of the past should we credit more than him who has also predicted things to come which we now see fulfilled? And the very disagreement of the historians among themselves furnishes a good reason why we ought rather to believe him who does not contradict the divine history which we hold. But, on the other hand, the citizens of the impious city, scattered everywhere through the earth, when they read the most learned writers, none of whom seems to be of contemptible authority, and find them disagreeing among themselves about affairs most remote from the memory of our age, cannot find out whom they ought to trust. But we, being sustained by divine authority in the history of our religion, have no doubt that whatever is opposed to it is most false, whatever may be the case regarding other things in secular books, which, whether true or false, yield nothing of moment to our living rightly and happily.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] “But the seventh day is without any evening, nor hath it any setting, because Thou hast sanctified it to an everlasting continuance that that which Thou didst after Thy works, which were very good, resting on the seventh day, although in unbroken rest Thou madest them that the voice of Thy Book may speak beforehand unto us, that we also after our works (therefore very good, because Thou hast given them unto us) may repose in Thee also in the Sabbath of eternal life.”[/SIZE]

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, JimParker.

JimParker said:
Thank you for your opinion.
Seriously?! That’s it?! Of course, you are welcome for my opinion, but you should pay a little closer attention to it than that!

Here’s some Scripture (the words of the Messiah Yeshua` or the Christ Jesus) for you to digest:

Luke 19:11-28
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore,
A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

Matthew 25:14-46
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
KJV

Now, consider these words from His followers:

Colossians 3:1-4
3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
KJV

1 Peter 5:4
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
KJV

1 John 2:28-3:5
28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
KJV

2 Thessalonians 1:7-10
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
KJV

Hebrews 9:23-28
23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
KJV

Acts 1:6-11
6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
KJV

1 Thess 5:2-10
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
KJV

Revelation 22:12-13
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
KJV

Yeshua` is coming back to reign!

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Retrobyter said:
Shabbat shalom, JimParker.

Seriously?! That’s it?! Of course, you are welcome for my opinion, but you should pay a little closer attention to it than that!

Here’s some Scripture (the words of the Messiah Yeshua` or the Christ Jesus) for you to digest:

Yeshua` is coming back to reign!
<<Seriously?! That’s it?!>>

Yep. That's it.

<< Of course, you are welcome for my opinion, but you should pay a little closer attention to it than that! >>

Why?

Why should I give your opinion any more respect than you afforded mine when you pronounced your verdict; "That’s all nonsense, of course."?

<<Here’s some Scripture (the words of the Messiah Yeshua` or the Christ Jesus) for you to digest:>>

Read 'em. Digested 'em. None of them support a literal, 1000 year reign of Ἰησοῦς Χριστός. (or the "Messiah Yeshua" as you like to effect)

<< Yeshua` is coming back to reign!>>

If you care to waste you time with any more of my "nonsense": (If not, it's no matter of concern to me)

He already reigns. Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."

Having "all authority" is reigning.

Eph 1:20-22 (God raised Christ) ... from the dead and made him sit at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come; and he has put all things under his feet and has made him the head over all things for the church,

That says all things are under His rule both in THIS age AND in the age to come.

We are also seated with Christ at the right hand (symbol of ruling) of the Father.

Eph 2:4-6 But God, who is rich in mercy, out of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with him, and made us sit with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

His body (the Church) is here on earth. He reigns through the Church. Where the church is, there His kingdom is also.

The Church isn't doing too great a job.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come

Mat 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,"

Rom 11:25-26 I want you to understand this mystery, brethren: a hardening has come upon part of Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles come in, and so all Israel will be saved; as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob";

After 2000 years that hasn't happened yet. Instead, we, the body of Christ (1Co 12:27), God's royal priesthood (1Pe 2:9), His ambassadors ( 2Co 5:20), His ministers of reconciliation (2Co 5:18), are too busy fighting with one another, like unruly children, to be about our Master's work.

Mat 12:25 "Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand;"

We seem to be working very hard to demonstrate the truth of that statement.

The end will come when we get it together. That may take a couple more thousands of years.

Meanwhile, Jesus is still (patiently) in charge.

Have a fabulous day.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
JimParker said:
<<Seriously?! That’s it?!>>

Yep. That's it.

<< Of course, you are welcome for my opinion, but you should pay a little closer attention to it than that! >>

Why?

Why should I give your opinion any more respect than you afforded mine when you pronounced your verdict; "That’s all nonsense, of course."?

<<Here’s some Scripture (the words of the Messiah Yeshua` or the Christ Jesus) for you to digest:>>

Read 'em. Digested 'em. None of them support a literal, 1000 year reign of Ἰησοῦς Χριστός. (or the "Messiah Yeshua" as you like to effect)

<< Yeshua` is coming back to reign!>>

If you care to waste you time with any more of my "nonsense": (If not, it's no matter of concern to me)

He already reigns. Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."

Having "all authority" is reigning.

Eph 1:20-22 (God raised Christ) ... from the dead and made him sit at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come; and he has put all things under his feet and has made him the head over all things for the church,

That says all things are under His rule both in THIS age AND in the age to come.

We are also seated with Christ at the right hand (symbol of ruling) of the Father.

Eph 2:4-6 But God, who is rich in mercy, out of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with him, and made us sit with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

His body (the Church) is here on earth. He reigns through the Church. Where the church is, there His kingdom is also.

The Church isn't doing too great a job.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come

Mat 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,"

Rom 11:25-26 I want you to understand this mystery, brethren: a hardening has come upon part of Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles come in, and so all Israel will be saved; as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob";

After 2000 years that hasn't happened yet. Instead, we, the body of Christ (1Co 12:27), God's royal priesthood (1Pe 2:9), His ambassadors ( 2Co 5:20), His ministers of reconciliation (2Co 5:18), are too busy fighting with one another, like unruly children, to be about our Master's work.

Mat 12:25 "Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand;"

We seem to be working very hard to demonstrate the truth of that statement.

The end will come when we get it together. That may take a couple more thousands of years.

Meanwhile, Jesus is still (patiently) in charge.

Have a fabulous day.
Jim,

What do you make of these passages?

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.
17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.
(2Sa 7:15-17 KJV)

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.
(Psa 89:3-4 KJV)

God has sworn to David that his throne would be established forever.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Butch5 said:
Jim,

What do you make of these passages?

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.
17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.
(2Sa 7:15-17 KJV)

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.
(Psa 89:3-4 KJV)

God has sworn to David that his throne would be established forever.
<<God has sworn to David that his throne would be established forever.>>

That would refer to Jesus, the son of David.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
JimParker said:
<<God has sworn to David that his throne would be established forever.>>

That would refer to Jesus, the son of David.
Yes, I agree. In another post you indicated that none of the passages posted weren't evidence of a literal 1000 year rain. In post 17 you said,

"Read 'em. Digested 'em. None of them support a literal, 1000 year reign of Ἰησοῦς Χριστός. (or the "Messiah Yeshua" as you like to effect)"

The passages I posted speak of God promising David that his throne would be established forever. Davids throne was in Jerusalem. If Christ doesn't literally return and reign how will that promise be fulfilled?