The Three Addictions... Acceptance... Appreciation... Attention

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the sermon below the young associate preacher is preaching about bucking the trends, as it is not who we really are. He goes on to say that it seems like every human baby is given a shot at birth until he is addicted with these three drugs... Acceptance... Appreciation... Attention. And then we go on in life craving these drugs and needing a fix. If we can get accepted, appreciated, and noticed (attention) then our need for these drugs are fulfilled.

But... Does God want us bound? Does God want us addicted? Are we running from our true individuality by seeking these three fixes? Are we destroying our true self trying to be like everyone else? Well... This associate preacher tackles these issues...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLqafYWE4A0

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also goes on to indicate the power of approval... So there are four... acceptance, appreciation approval, and attention... There are some times, when going out on new directions, that we will not get the acceptance, appreciation approval, and attention of men. Dale Bambrick was a youth pastor at an Assemblies of God church in the 1990's before graduating with a masters degree in education. While youth pastor he would have the kids over for praise and worship and built one huge youth ministry. My sister was a waitress at the time and Dale would come to her restaurant like at 5AM and have portfolios of study laid out before him as he would prepare for the next meeting. At those meetings they would sometimes spend a whole hour in praise and in worship. As Dale was brought up Baptist everything was done in that type of decency, as he was in a Pentecostal church, so they would also let the Spirit flow and to have his way. They would rent campgrounds for the weekend where he would have special speakers and everyone would enjoy love feast. And each speaker spoke with an unction and an anointing. When my sisters went to visit they cried the whole time as they were overwhelmed with the amount of love in the place.

I will always be grateful for the impact he had on my family.

be-different-1-3.jpg