The Time is Fulfilled

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IndianaRob

Aug 7, 2023
Louisville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone brought this up in another forum. The poster was saying the “time fulfilled” in Mark 1:15 was Daniel’s 69 weeks.

I don’t think I agree with that but I thought it would make for good discussion here.

What are your thoughts on what time this is referring to?

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Someone brought this up in another forum. The poster was saying the “time fulfilled” in Mark 1:15 was Daniel’s 69 weeks.

I don’t think I agree with that but I thought it would make for good discussion here.

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Daniel 2
44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Reactions: IndianaRob

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Hi there.
I believe the 70th week was at hand.

7and 62 weeks until Messiah ....

Dan 9
25 So you are to know and understand that from the issuance of the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until [the coming of] the Messiah (the Anointed One), the Prince, there will be seven weeks [of years] and sixty-two weeks [of years]; it will be built again, with [a city] plaza and moat, even in times of trouble.

...and then the final week where Jesus would go to the cross, giving us the Gospel that would save people of all nations.

24 “Seventy weeks [of years, or 490 years] have been decreed for your people and for your holy city (Jerusalem), to finish the transgression, to make an end of sins, to make atonement (reconciliation) for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness (right-standing with God), to seal up vision and prophecy and prophet, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Daniel 2
44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
I believe that would apply more accurately to Christ's second coming in the not too distant future, when all opposition, both earthly and heavenly, is put down. Their final destruction deferred until the end of the 7th millennium... After the Earth's Sabbath.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Yes, I believe that is prophetic time, Jesus pronouncing this immediately after God anointing as Messiah the Prince, at His baptism.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that would apply more accurately to Christ's second coming in the not too distant future, when all opposition, both earthly and heavenly, is put down. Their final destruction deferred until the end of the 7th millennium... After the Earth's Sabbath.
Daniel 2 describes four successive ancient kingdoms: Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Grecian, and Roman.

Christ came and established His Kingdom during the Roman.

Reactions: jeffweeder

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Daniel 2 describes four successive ancient kingdoms: Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Grecian, and Roman.

Yes.
The rock cut out without hands Is Messiah, who established the eternal kingdom of grace that will never pass away. The rock became a mountain as his Gospel went into and filled the whole earth. Amen.

Reactions: covenantee

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Yep I agree with that, as far as it goes. But the pagan Roman Empire, the legs of iron, and the fourth beast of Daniel 7, do not complete the run of history as revealed through Daniel. The feet of iron and clay succeeded pagan Rome, and the ten horns plus particularly the 11th little horn, grew out of pagan Rome and took over the nations vacated by the emperors. When the Rock, which I agree is Christ, strikes the base of the statue, all the previous empires and the residue thereof, the philosophical and political ideologies they bequeathed to their successors, is all destroyed at the second coming. We have had 1500 years of the little horn in power, and 7 of the other horns in Europe that at different times came under the authority and power of the little horn. And the clay/iron feet, which has clear pagan Roman attributes, is on partnership with the clay, which ok biblical terminology or type, represents people. God's children are malleable clay, she to be shaped and worked, but the clay in Daniel 2 is described as miry clay, unworkable, useless, and on apostasy. Was good clay at one time, but in union with the iron, has become unworkable. A religion that over the past 1500 years was united with the state, and is now divorced from God and an enemy to God's people. All that history..."KJV Daniel 7:25
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time...
Bound up between the resurrection and the second coming. That's when it all gets destroyed.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Daniel 7:25
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time...
That precisely describes the apostate papacy, as the Reformers recognized.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That Jesus has already established his kingdom. That seems difficult to believe in light of the massive amount of extreme evil that has occurred in the world over the past 2,000 years.
Colossians 1
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

The Father knows that His Dear Son established His Kingdom.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What great words against the most high have the popes made?
  1. All the names which in the Scripture are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” Robert Cardinal Bellarmine, De Conciliorum Auctoriatate (On the Authority of the Councils) Bk 2, chap. 17
  2. “The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God. He is the divine monarch and supreme emperor, and king of kings. Hence the pope is crowned with a triple crown, as King of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions.” Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca, vol.6, art. “Papa II”
  3. “We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty.” Pope Leo XIII, in an encyclical letter dated June 20, 1894, The Great Encyclical Letters of Leo XIII, p. 304.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. All the names which in the Scripture are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” Robert Cardinal Bellarmine, De Conciliorum Auctoriatate (On the Authority of the Councils) Bk 2, chap. 17
  2. “The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God. He is the divine monarch and supreme emperor, and king of kings. Hence the pope is crowned with a triple crown, as King of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions.” Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca, vol.6, art. “Papa II”
  3. “We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty.” Pope Leo XIII, in an encyclical letter dated June 20, 1894, The Great Encyclical Letters of Leo XIII, p. 304.

Wow. Thanks. That's insane!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@IndianaRob

Some other scriptures to consider.

Galatians 4:4 But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,

Ephesians 1:10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

1 Timothy 2:6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

Titus 1:3 and which now at his appointed season he has brought to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,

Hebrews 9:26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Doesn't the context tell you?
The solution assumed prior to Jesus was violence....eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Is God's kingdom of that nature? Not sure?
I think Jesus is the embodiment of God's kingdom. The way he solves problems tells us. We need to pay closer attention.