The Times of the Black Horseman

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my perspective...

7 church ages....

1. Ephesus - Apostolic - Scripture still before us!.
2. Smyrna - Martyr - 10 days = 10 general Roman persecutions.
3. Pergomos - Orthodox - Still alive in many parts of the world!
4. Thyatira - Catholic - Influence still large.
5. Sardis - Protestant - The influence of the Baptists is still great.
6. Philadelphia - Methodist / Pentecostal - Saved / Sanctified / Filled with the Holy Ghost!
***Is revival unique to the Philadelphian church age???*** Was this the revival of the last days?
7. Laodicea - Materialistic / Charistmatic / Educated - Influencing a lot of churches these days.

Four earthly regimes...

1. White Horseman - Democracy
2. Red Horseman - Communism (Note the communist flag - red with a sword)
3. Black Horseman - Islam
4. Pale Horseman - The AntiChrist

The Black Horseman...

And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine." -Revelation 6: 4-6

The Black Horseman....

Balances - This is the symbol of trade
Hurt not the oil - Oil will become a precious commodity
Hurt not the wine - We will not live as prosperously as before
Black Horseman - We now have a black president

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To graphically represent the times and the seasons... Note! Dates are estimates as no man knows the times and the seasons! Isaac Newton's 2060 prophecy is there for a reference!

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods

Four earthly regimes...
1. White Horseman - Democracy
2. Red Horseman - Communism (Note the communist flag - red with a sword)
3. Black Horseman - Islam
4. Pale Horseman - The AntiChrist

I wish they were all that simple. Too general for me and where's the evidence?

The Black Horseman....

Balances - This is the symbol of trade
Hurt not the oil - Oil will become a precious commodity
Hurt not the wine - We will not live as prosperously as before
Black Horseman - We now have a black president

Well it's not a symbol of trade in the bible. It may be a symbol of justice. It is a symbol of bondage. And your comment about having a black president is about as senseless as your perspective.

" And I beheld and, lo, a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midts of the four living creatures say," A measure of wheat for a denarius, and three measures of barley for a denarius, and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine."

The color black is to be "dirty or bad."

In Vines expository dictionary, balances is in Greek, '' zugos.'' This is what he say's. " A yoke," also has the meaning of a pair of scales. Serving to couple two things together, is used (metaphorically,(a) of submission to authority, Matt.11 ; 29, 30, (B) of bondage Acts 15 :10 and Gal.5 ; 1 © of bondservice to masters, 1 Timothy 6 : 1 and (2) to denote a balance. Rev 6: 5."

This is what Strong's lexicon says.

http://www.bluelette...ngs=G2218&t=KJV

The Assyrian anti-christ, who is also refered to as "the King of Babylon." is said to imposed a yoke upon Israel that only breaks. The Assyrian gives more support to the idea of an Arab/Muslim origin of the four horsemen.

Nebuchadnezzar was prophesied by Moses in Deuteronomy 28:48 as to the yoke of iron would one day come on Israel if they kept disobeying God.
Deuteronomy 28:48 Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.

Jeremiah writes in Jeremiah 28:14 as to Nebuchadnezzar as the yoke of iron king.

Jeremiah 28:14 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; I have put a yoke of iron upon the neck of all these nations, that they may serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; and they shall serve him: and I have given him the beasts of the field also.

So what is Nebuchadnezzar's yoke of iron?
Jeremiah 30:6-9 speaks of a yoke that will break at the end of the time of Jacob's trouble.

The black horseman could be the biblical anti-christ. It sounds like something to do with buying and selling and... Oh! And don't blow up the oil wells!

There's a lot that can be said about Nebuchadnezzar returning as the biblical anti-christ. But that's too long to discuss here. It may just surprise you.

I'm not saying that the black horse IS the anti-christ because he isn't mentioned until later in the book.

The fourth seal is all about different methods of Islamic persecution.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I have stated it as I believe it. But I am talking mysteries and metaphors. I cannot fault anyone for seeing things in a different perspective.

Pato

Mar 29, 2011
Scripture is clear on the meaning of the black horse and rider and needs no individual interpretation. The symbolism is explained in the text and to place one's personal interpretation on it only adds to confusion because everyones views will be conflicting.

The rider is described as having a pair of balances in his hand and proclaims that the price of food would be greatly inflated per amount.
Scripture declares that the testimony of Christ is the spirit of (gives life to) prophecy. In the gospel account we have Christ's own testimony as to the symbolism in Revelation as He is the revelator.

Christ describes a succession of events preceeding His return and we as His servants are admonished to be watchful. He describes false prophets, wars, famine and pestilences synonmous with the four horsemen in Revelation.

1. White horse and rider - False Christs
2.Red Horse and rider - Wars etc
3. Black horse and rider - Famine
4. Pale horse and riders - Disease and death

There is a natural progression of the horsemen. False religion, war, famine that follows on the heels of war, disease that follows war and famine and death by all four as described in the text that by the four of them at least a quarter of the earth's population will die, unfortunately that is only the beginning of sorrows, it'll get worse.

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011
Scripture is clear on the meaning of the black horse and rider and needs no individual interpretation. The symbolism is explained in the text and to place one's personal interpretation on it only adds to confusion because everyones views will be conflicting.

The rider is described as having a pair of balances in his hand and proclaims that the price of food would be greatly inflated per amount.
Scripture declares that the testimony of Christ is the spirit of (gives life to) prophecy. In the gospel account we have Christ's own testimony as to the symbolism in Revelation as He is the revelator.

Christ describes a succession of events preceeding His return and we as His servants are admonished to be watchful. He describes false prophets, wars, famine and pestilences synonmous with the four horsemen in Revelation.

1. White horse and rider - False Christs
2.Red Horse and rider - Wars etc
3. Black horse and rider - Famine
4. Pale horse and riders - Disease and death

There is a natural progression of the horsemen. False religion, war, famine that follows on the heels of war, disease that follows war and famine and death by all four as described in the text that by the four of them at least a quarter of the earth's population will die, unfortunately that is only the beginning of sorrows, it'll get worse.

Dear Friend:

I agree with you and I think all those things will come upon the world during the first half of the seven years. The opening of the 5th seal will reveal souls in heaven at the mid-point of the 7 years.

God Bless you. Charlie.