The Trinity definition

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the one Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

So, convince me of the reasons why you think these verses together do not say what I think they say.
So according to your verses then the Father is not the Lord since 1 Corinthians 8:6 states Jesus is the One Lord

And if we take your approach to that passage then Jesus is not God for it states that the Father is the One God.

So there you go it proves your interpretation incorrect regarding both the Son and the Father being identified as the One Lord and God.

I'm not taking the time to do it with the other ones as this proves your misunderstanding of Gods word.

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So according to your verses then the Father is not the Lord

Of course the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21)...(did you even look up the verses that I referenced? This may be the problem that you are having...you are not looking at the scriptures but merely judging my statements apart from them).

And if we take your approach to that passage then Jesus is not God for it states that the Father is the One God.

In 1 Corinthians 8:6, the Greek word for "and" is "kai" which can be translated "even".

So, yes, Jesus is God the Father according to those verses.

(although He is at this point most definitely in the flesh and is no longer the Spirit that inhabits eternity; except as He preexisted in the Person of the Father).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So according to your verses then the Father is not the Lord since 1 Corinthians 8:6 states Jesus is the One Lord
is not the "Lord", the Son the Last? and not the "LORD" the Father the First? and is not Jesus the "First and the Last?", who is ONLY ONE PERSON? correct

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, yes, Jesus is God the Father according to those verses.
There you go again with your MODALISM.

Jesus is not God the Father which is heresy and the Creeds you claim to believe REJECT it as sabellianism , oneness, modalism. You would be considered by the Creeds as anathema.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is not the "Lord", the Son the Last? and not the "LORD" the Father the First? and is not Jesus the "First and the Last?", who is ONLY ONE PERSON? correct

PICJAG
been there done that with you countless times so I'm not going there again right now.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go again with your MODALISM.

Jesus is not God the Father which is heresy and the Creeds you claim to believe REJECT it as sabellianism , oneness, modalism. You would be considered by the Creeds as anathema.
In the creeds it is written that the Father is Lord, the Son is Lord, and the Holy Spirit is Lord; yet it cannot be said that there are three Lords; for that is contrary to the Christian faith.

I am contending that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are one Lord.

How do you respond?

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
been there done that with you countless times so I'm not going there again right now.
wise decision, and good cop out... :rolleyes: for the LORD all cap is the First... scripture, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."

and the Son, God shared in Flesh, the "Lord" is the Last. Lord, scripture, John 13:13 "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am."

now the LAST, 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."

Isaiah 41:4 states the FIRST, "WITH" the LAST, just as John 1:1 say about the Word "WITH" God and was God.

but Isaiah 48:12 seal the deal on the First and Last as the same one person. "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." ........ (smile), BINGO, :eek: YIKES!.

so it's good you don't want to deal witht he truth, for it exposes your ERROR,

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the creeds it is written that the Father is Lord, the Son is Lord, and the Holy Spirit is Lord; yet it cannot be said that there are three Lords; for that is contrary to the Christian faith.

I am contending that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are one Lord.

How do you respond?
no you keep switching your argument and moving the goal posts to get out of your false statement below where you said :

"justbyfaith said:
So, yes, Jesus is God the Father according to those verses."

So we are dealing with your false claim that Jesus is God the Father which is MODALISM.

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no you keep switching your argument and moving the goal posts to get out of your false statement below where you said :

"justbyfaith said:

So we are dealing with your false claim that Jesus is God the Father which is MODALISM.

hope this helps !!!
No, because I believe that the Father is not the Son and that the Father and the Son are distinct from each others as members of the Triune Godhead..

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because I believe that the Father is not the Son and that the Father and the Son are distinct from each others as members of the Triune Godhead..
you are now CONTRADICNG yourself so make up your mind.

You say out of one side of your mouth Jesus is God the Father and out of the other side say He is not.

You have put yourself in this dilemma and I'm calling you on your contradictions.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"justbyfaith said:

hope this helps !!!
Keep reaidng your Bible and I think you may eventually see what I am saying if you are open to what the Holy Spirit wants to say to you.

Perhaps read with the idea of the Trinity on the backburner of your thinking. try to glean from the holy scriptures what they really say about the Trinity.

Gal 4:28, Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29, But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep reaidng your Bible and I think you may eventually see what I am saying if you are open to what the Holy Spirit wants to say to you.

Perhaps read with the idea of the Trinity on the backburner of your thinking. try to glean from the holy scriptures what they really say about the Trinity.

Gal 4:28, Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29, But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
I don't need to read what you are posting as I know all the bible Scriptures by memory on the Trinity and Deity of Christ since I have studied it daily for the past 4 decades.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are now CONTRADICNG yourself so make up your mind.

You say out of one side of your mouth Jesus is God the Father and out of the other side say He is not.

You have put yourself in this dilemma and I'm calling you on your contradictions.
The Trinity is not a very comprehensible doctrine, I will admit that things appear to be contradictory within its concepts.

For example, how is God one and yet three at the same time?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Trinity is not a very comprehensible doctrine, I will admit that things appear to be contradictory within its concepts.

For example, how is God one and yet three at the same time?
No there is nothing contradictory in the Trinity, maybe in your mind but not in mine.

Do you believe in Miracles ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't need to read what you are posting as I know all the bible Scriptures by memory on the Trinity and Deity of Christ since I have studied it daily for the past 4 decades.
You are hardening your heart to what the Spirit might want to say to you through me on the basis of your pride in your study time.

But, since you have done most of your studying through books and have not gone through the venue of relying on the Spirit in reading the Bible itself, you only have the doctrines of men as your background; whereas I am getting my pov directly from the Bible in reliance on the Holy Ghost.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are hardening your heart to what the Spirit might want to say to you through me on the basis of your pride in your study time.

But, since you have done most of your studying through books and have not gone through the venue of relying on the Spirit in reading the Bible itself, you only have the doctrines of men as your background; whereas I am getting my pov directly from the Bible in reliance on the Holy Ghost.
Did you go to college ?

Did you study a specific field ?

Did you have books on that field to learn ?