The Trinity definition

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the Son is not the Father, the Father is not the Son and the Holy Spirit is not the father or the Son.

This is the position of Scripture, Orthodoxy and the church throughout history. the Creeds, the church and Scripture places those who disagree outside of the faith.

hope this helps !!!
I am not outside of the faith for that I emphasize the oneness of our Lord in order to fight against the heresy of Tritheism in people's minds (thought they may think that their pov is Trinitarian)..

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not outside of the faith for that I emphasize the oneness of our Lord in order to fight against the heresy of Tritheism in people's minds (thought they may think that their pov is Trinitarian)..
When you sat that the Son is the Father that is modalism/oneness. That is heretical.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you are since the 3 Persons of the Godhead/Trinity are not each other.

You just stated that the Jesus is the Father. He is not the Father of the Trinity, He is the Son.

hope this helps !!!
The Spirit who dwells in Jesus Christ is the Father (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11).

There is one Lord in holy scripture (Ephesians 4:5, Mark 12:29 (kjv)), and that Lord is the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21).

No one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Spirit of truth (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)).

And, Jesus is the one Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

If Jesus and the Father are not one, that is two Lords; a concept that is contrary to holy scripture (Mark 12:29 (kjv), 1 Corinthians 8:6, Ephesians 4:5).

Event the creeds substantiate my pov.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit who dwells in Jesus Christ is the Father (John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11).

There is one Lord in holy scripture (Ephesians 4:5, Mark 12:29 (kjv)), and that Lord is the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21).

No one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Spirit of truth (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)).

And, Jesus is the one Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

If Jesus and the Father are not one, that is two Lords; a concept that is contrary to holy scripture (mark 12:29 (kjv), 1 Corinthians 8:6, Ephesians 4:5).
One in Unity is not the same as One in Persons.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you sat that the Son is the Father that is modalism/oneness. That is heretical.
I believe that the Father and the Son are distinct from each other as members in the Trinity.

You are not understanding my pov accurately enough.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are purporting that same heretical mormon doctrine as what @Jane_Doe22 preaches.
No you are promoting modalism

This from your "true" trinity definition.

Now here there is one God, and a Lord separate from Him, if the Lord isn't God (the Father). However, we have already seen that the Lord our God is one Lord (Mark 12:29) and that the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth. This one Lord is the God who created us, Jesus Christ; and I contend here faithfully that He is the Father.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said the Son is the Father did you not ?
But that the Father is not the Son. He is also distinct from the Father in that the Father is a Spirit inhabiting eternity (Isaiah 57:15) while the Son is come in human flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

However, it is the same Spirit if the Son be God (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4).

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that the Father is not the Son. He is also distinct from the Father in that the Father is a Spirit inhabiting eternity (Isaiah 57:15) while the Son is come in human flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

However, it is the same Spirit of the Son be God (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4).
then redefine your "true " trinity statement to say that Son is not the Father.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then redefine your "true " trinity statement to say that Son is not the Father.
I am not going to recant for your sake.

I say what I say in order to fight the heresy of Tritheism.

You may think you believe in the Trinity; but if you are taking issue with my statements you need to consider that you may be a Tritheist hiding under the label of Trinitarian.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to recant for your sake.

I say what I say in order to fight the heresy of Tritheism.

You may think you believe in the Trinity; but if you are taking issue with my statements you need to consider that you may be a Tritheist hiding under the label of Trinitarian.
Look I've been studying this before you were probably born. I have over 40 books on the Trinity I have read and I know the Trinity very well so when you say that Jesus is the Person of the Father in the Trinity that is modalism. I'm 100% correct on the matter and you are using modalism verbiage, not me.

Every True Trinitarian would agree that Jesus is not the Father as you are espousing in your "true" trinity statement.

hope this helps !!!

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then revise your true trinity statement if you really are sincere and say that Jesus is not the Father.
Jesus is the Father, the Lord of heaven and earth (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21). There is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5). No one can say that Jesus it the Lord except by the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)). And, Jesus is the one Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

If Jesus and the Father are not the same Lord, then that is two Lords; a concept that is contrary to holy scripture (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Mark 12:29 (kjv)).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look I've been studying this before you were probably born. I have over 40 books on the Trinity I have read and I know the Trinity very well so when you say that Jesus is the Person of the Father in the Trinity that is modalism. I'm 100% correct on the matter and you are using modalism verbiage, not me.

Every True Trinitarian would agree that Jesus is not the Father as you are espousing in your "true" trinity statement.

hope this helps !!!

hope this helps !!!
I have done my studying of the Trinity from the Bible alone (with reliance on the Holy Spirit); so my belief is not convoluted by book knowledge (other than the knowledge of the Bible).

I have also found that my system of believe is not contradicted by the creeds.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Father, the Lord of heaven and earth (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21).
Unbelievable as those verses say nothing of the sort young man . The Son is not identified as the Father. You are abusing Gods word and placing an unbiblical view on those passages to make them say what you are claiming. That is false teaching in a nutshell.

The Son is praying to the Father not saying He is the Father .

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have done my studying of the Trinity from the Bible alone (with reliance on the Holy Spirit); so my belief is not convoluted by book knowledge (other than the knowledge of the Bible).

I have also found that my system of believe is not contradicted by the creeds.
And just an FYI- no Christian website would allow you to be a designated pastor/teacher when you believe the Son is the Father. That is modalism not Trinitarianism.

And you can take this to the bank. The Holy Spirit did not teach you the Son is the Father so don't blame your modalism on God or the bible since its heresy.

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelievable as those verses say nothing of the sort young man . The Son is not identified as the Father. You are abusing Gods word and placing an unbiblical view on those passages to make them say what you are claiming. That is false teaching in a nutshell.

The Son is praying to the Father not saying He is the Father .

hope this helps !!!
There is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5), even the Father; who is the Lord of heaven and earth (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21).

No one can say that Jesus is "the" Lord except by the Spirit of truth (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv))...(if you deny that Jesus is the Lord of heaven and earth, you do not have the Holy Ghost).

1Co 12:3, Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Jesus is the one Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

So, convince me of the reasons why you think these verses together do not say what I think they say.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And just an FYI- no Christian website would allow you to be a designated pastor/teacher when you believe the Son is the Father. That is modalism not Trinitarianism.

And you can take this to the bank. The Holy Spirit did not teach you the Son is the Father so don't blame your modalism on God or the bible since its heresy.

hope this helps !!!
What I believe is not heresy.

Isa 9:6, For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:7, Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: