• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted this as part of a response to some cultists, but if you can receive it, so much the better.

Time and space are not separate entities.
The Father that Jesus referred to is God the eternal spirit, self existant and not a part of His creation. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God intersecting with the world and operating in time. The Son of God is the eternal spirit taking the form of man in the person of His Son. One God manifested as 3, the eternal spirit existing outside of creation, the eternal spirit manifesting in creation, the eternal spirit manifested in flesh.
God's interaction with creation necessitates taking on limitations, but the eternal spirit of the Father is without limits, present everywhere, throughout time and outside of time. We live in creation and experience time sequentially so it isn't possible for us to interact with God the Father except through His Spirit and the mediation of His Son.
It's not exactly rocket science, but a 3 leaf clover is easier for those who didn't study physics.
The 3 leaf clover is what the nuns used when I attended catechism as an elementary school student. They never got into 4 leaf clovers nor did they touch on how many dimensions there are. I never took a physics class, not even in high school, so my knowledge might be for the most part what they call hear-say evidence. Is not time supposed to be the 4th dimension? Why would we or should we presume that there are only three dimensions to reality?

Reactions: David in NJ

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 3 leaf clover is what the nuns used when I attended catechism as an elementary school student. They never got into 4 leaf clovers nor did they touch on how many dimensions there are. I never took a physics class, not even in high school, so my knowledge might be for the most part what they call hear-say evidence. Is not time supposed to be the 4th dimension? Why would we or should we presume that there are only three dimensions to reality?
Yes, you're correct and there is corroborating experimental evidence that the rate of passage of time is inversely proportional to acceleration. Eg: the faster that you're accelerating, the more time dilation you experience, but this is in reference to "inertial reference frames". Eg: if you're sitting in a moving vehicle, that vehicle is your inertial reference frame, not the stationary road that you're traveling on. If you drop an object from an open window of the moving vehicle (heavy enough to be unaffected by wind currents), it appears to drop in a straight line, but from the roadway it appears to drop in a curve because it already possesses inertia associated with the vehicle's movement.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you're correct and there is corroborating experimental evidence that the rate of passage of time is inversely proportional to acceleration. Eg: the faster that you're accelerating, the more time dilation you experience, but this is in reference to "inertial reference frames". Eg: if you're sitting in a moving vehicle, that vehicle is your inertial reference frame, not the stationary road that you're traveling on. If you drop an object from an open window of the moving vehicle (heavy enough to be unaffected by wind currents), it appears to drop in a straight line, but from the roadway it appears to drop in a curve because it already possesses inertia associated with the vehicle's movement.

I do believe that relativity is the relationship of a stationary observer to a moving object.

If you’re in a moving vehicle, your time dilation is relative to the traffic cop sitting behind a billboard watching you speed by...

Shalom

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I missed his original post, but his words sound like modalism, which is One god basically pretending to be three persons, instead of the trinity where the one God manifests as three separate yet equal persons - and I reject the modalism of the UPC.

Reactions: David in NJ

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I missed his original post, but his words sound like modalism, which is One god basically pretending to be three persons, instead of the trinity where the one God manifests as three separate yet equal persons - and I reject the modalism of the UPC.
I came to God really in and through the UPC. I was a member of Oneness Jesus Only groups for 11 years ]1976-1987] in California and Wyoming. I moved to Oklahoma in 1987.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the comparison actually came from the RCC and that church, though doctrinally compromised has always been trinitarian in the traditional sense.
The odd variations of trinitarianism most likely evolved from Cultic theologies introduced through free Masonry as they consider all "systems" of religion equivalent as long as the system proposes a God, or supreme being, and a resurrection.

Members of that organization have spawned many cults within the last few hundred years, though many of those cults failed relatively quickly, some in mass suicide. Eg. The branch davidians were spawned by the 7th day adventists, and the 7th day adventists were created with a leadership heavy in free Masonry, and the order of the Solar temple, strongly influenced by the knights templar (a Masonic offshoot), as two infamous examples.

Last edited: