"The True Message of Salvation"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
This is a learning lesson folks that I would like to discuss since it deeply concerns me. A message of the truth, clarification and heart of salvation.Question Are you Saved? Answer 1.yes, 2. no, 3. still waitingThis may change your life are you ready? The problem with salvation of today's age is everybody that is in the Church today already believes they are saved meaning they have arrived, of course I do pity them considering the watered down and all the laxation of the gospel of truth being preached today. Example>[/U]Praise in the Park 2007 over 1,500 attendees gathered in fort collins park to praise God and 10-15 answered the call to be saved, well I guess the rest they're already taken care of.Scenario You are sitting in Sunday service when you ask your neighbor are you saved? 99% of the time they will undoubtly tell you "yes" it's just common sense. However most of today's Christians are so far from salvation it's appalling. Most of them well about 90% of folks would admit to you that they are not "hot" or "cold" but would admit that they are "lukewarm" for God.And they would still say...are you saved? (with greater certainty) "yes!" Some of these folk are in Dead Churches for instance and they don't worship from the heart but from a hymn they don't praise GOD with their soul they praise GOD with their lips. But still they affirm without a shadow of a doubt that they are so-called "saved" what is this thing "saved" well we are going to take a look at it from a logical and Godly perspective so buckle up you are in for a rough ride!See a problem in today's society with salvation is everybody's got it and nobody wants it. Everybody(Body of Christ/Church) has got it and nobody(the world) wants it. Think about it! The truth is not everyone in the Church IS saved they just all THINK they are saved. This thinking will not save anyone in fact I must save myself from vommiting just thinking about it. Although this is not new under the sun the Messiah Yashua warned people would only seek to save their lives and end up losing them.Scripture--Matthew 16:2525For whoever wants to save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.I assure you that these kinds of christians are only christians because they want to be saved. And who wouldn't from eternal damnation? But then are they really Christians after all? Suppose not. Are you "lukewarm" today? Well snap out of it! Get it together and get passionate and on Fire for God! I do not condemn anyone but I believe that in today's half-hearted society that it is possible that whole congregations may be lost to the enemy and hell. I have witnessed similar to an apostate congregation with Vineyard Chruch. They had spiritual manifestations in this Church and I experienced uncontrollable violent shaking that they claimed itwas his Holy Spirit well it was a "spirit" I tell you the truth it was not Godly but of the Devil.A Change of PaceEvangelicals call for a revival probably every sunday in America and you know what? They're right. Why? Well if everyone at Church was on Fire for God then the word revival would have to apply to the World but the sad thing is this is not the case. In other words we should be the ones to bring revival to the world and have no need of revival amongst ourselves. Ask yourself this...(inspired by a black preachor on daystar yesterday)Why are Clubs more exciting than Church? Can you tell me? I can. I am a rehabilitated clubber by the way so again I speak from personal experience.Question-- Why is the Club more exciting or more fun than Church?One Answer> Lukewarm A Club is alive and thriving because people are "cold" inside by being steeped in sin and iniquity this is the worldly version of "fun" however it is false happiness,joy, feeling created for one thing to fool you this is where the enemy is running wild with people souls. They should know what they are doing is wrong so they are "Cold" towards God.A Church is dead not because it's "cold", "cold" meaning a life full of sin and wickedness but it is dead because the Church is "Lukewarm" towards God. Lukewarm is a mixture of hot & cold, a mixture of sin & righteousness whihc is why Christ will spit these folk out of his mouth.Scripture>>Revelation 3:1616So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.A Church that is "revived" so to speak is only because of one thing and you know what that thing is. "Hot" on fire for the Living GOD. The true thing everybody wants. This form of spiritualness toward God will be few that will every have it or find it. According to the Word of God, if you believe in that kind of stuff...Matthew 7:1414But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find itMatthew 22:14 14"For many are invited, but few are chosen."So what then is my mission? To awaken you out of complacency and get you on the move for GOD. The enemy wants you asleep and lazy for GOD. I believe I am gifted to speak the truth of the word. So trust not in me but Almighty God that sent me. I am merely a messanger. He doesn't need me I need him. Can you define Salvation for me? What are you saved from? What hell? Saved from what Sin? Saved from lust? Bitterness? Anger? What? What are you saved from? Me I am saved from sin and lust and bitter envy, anger yes. Hell no..well not yet. So make it right inside yourself.So what does it mean to be saved? Well I am going to try and tell you the best way I know how. From my personal point of view. To me being saved is complicated in process and simple in procedure. To me no one can tell me I am saved just like no one can tell me i'm not and going to hell. It's not up to us. So my theory is the only one who can tell me I am "saved" is Christ himself when I die when I look to him and am in fact saved. I cannot tell myself I am saved or even think I am saved. This is a trap that we easily fall into. Trust in God for salvation deny yourself and you will live. Yes we are saved by Grace. What i can say for sure though isI once was lost and now am found. Was blind but no I see. So clearly. All my stains were washed away my baptism last May. I was born-again Good Friday 2007 what a good thing he has done that he even planned the day of my return. Being forgiven I am now free to serve Christ and God in faithful prayer, keeping in repentance, loving obediance of God's commandments and yes Law. And no we are not saved in keeping the Law but in Love we should obey it to Honor God and follow his Son the Savior of the Sinner. To despise the Law is to despise the God who made it. Being saved is NOT saying a 5 minute prayer to get you into heaven sorry.Being saved IS a miracle of GOD is someone's life. Ask yourself this...(inspired by youtube sermon of dead churches)Is God a means or an end to you?Is God a means to know Love, Worship, Celebration, Grace, Mercy, Peace?Or is God an end to you to know Salvation?I hope you have a good answer.I assure you to many lukewarm christians today God is an end to them nothing more which is why they are lukewarm to begin with.But God may very well end they existence what a horrible fate to befall a person. Make no mistake today God is a means please recieve the message and give him glory. God is not a fool that his followers would be merely following dazed and confused. I have recieved sight I don't just speak it I believe it.Has this helped you? Whatever life is giving you I am sure you can be comforted by his Love. Amen.It should be noted that this passage was a demonstration how the doctrine of salvation is flawed and philosophy should be considered another method of understanding God's Word.

Squeak

Nov 13, 2007
Thank you for this informative post, SpiritSoldier. I had always wondered how people were able to declare "I was saved on (insert specific date)" As you said, I don't think anyone can be assured that they will be saved. God is the one who decides who to save and who not to, not people themselves even though we may want to be saved in order to avoid the other option.So it seems it would be more appropriate to declare "I was born-again on (insert specific date or time of your life)" since none of us truly know if we will be saved or not.

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
:amen: I am glad in any help I can offer, Yes it would be much more accurate to say I was Born-again on such and such date. But being Born-again should speaks worlds apart from the world. Born of Heaven not of Hell we can be confident of that.

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
(Squeak;29753)
Thank you for this informative post, SpiritSoldier. I had always wondered how people were able to declare "I was saved on (insert specific date)" As you said, I don't think anyone can be assured that they will be saved. God is the one who decides who to save and who not to, not people themselves even though we may want to be saved in order to avoid the other option.So it seems it would be more appropriate to declare "I was born-again on (insert specific date or time of your life)" since none of us truly know if we will be saved or not.
Hi Squeak,People can definietely be assured of their salvation because first of all God says so ---
I Peter 1:23 --- Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth foreveand
Second of all - born-again Christians have been given the God-given spiritual ability to speak in tongues ---
Speaking In Tongues --- is the (born-again) believer's external manfiestation and proof n the senses realm of the eternal reality and presence of the power of the holy spirit
I was and am born again of God's incorruptible Seed, Christ in you, the hope of glory! Colossians 1:27.:blessyou:Agape

David S

Jan 6, 2008
Hi Folks,First of all it is good to me to meet young, freshly "Born again" Christians.I well remember May 1986 when I turned round and asked God to take over my life:)Can I just put one fundamental point straight?WE WILL DEFINITELY BE SAVED.........IF we remain in FAITH!!!John 3:16 clearly statesFor God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.Now I have learned that FAITH, Believing in Christ Jesus is THE key to deep peace inside your soul.
wink.gif
Look in the Gospels how many times Jesus commended FAITH?Go on look for yourselves;)May God bless you richlyEphesians 3:14-21For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.David

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
John 1:11-18. 11.He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12.But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13.Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14.And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15.John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 16.And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17.For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 18.No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. 13.Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 6:45 (King James Version)45.It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. andIsaiah 54:13 (King James Version)13.And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.John 6:39 (King James Version) 39.And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.The word says that even those who believe in his name shall not be disappointed. We see Revelation teaches us that Revelation 13:8.And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Post such as the one which started this thread, discourages those who are not yet eating meat and does not build up those drinking milk but causes them to look inward and become afraid they are not truly a believer.When the promises of God are to be received by Faith that Christ teaches that God has given us to Christ and we are his by Gods will and by his teaching of us. 1 John 2:27. 27.But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.For those needing milk still who are reading this, do not become discouraged but think of Christ your saviour and the words he hath spoken.The seeds the sower scattereth is the truth about Christ and the different places it falls is the way the truth is received by different people.The seed that fell in the soil and persisted till it bear fruit was the good obedient heart. Persistance is called for on the part of every believer.Simply obey the Lord Jesus to love God and others, and you will bear fruit because of your obedience. Galations 5 read this passage and see why the Spirit of God makes the difference. It is not that you obey a Law to save your life, but you accept the truth of Christ and let the Spirit lead you and you will not give in to the flesh.Jesus talks of 10 virgins 5 wise and 5 foolish.All virgins whose light/faith in Christ has been established by the power of Gods Spirit. The word says " No one can say 'Christ is Lord' except by the power of Gods Spirit. They all believed in Jesus but 5 did not realised they must keep walking in the teachings of the Spirit(replenishing their oil) so were not ready for his return. Be wise and ask the Father to teach you by giving you his Spirit and making you obedient through Christ.All who believe in Christ are valid converts, but it is those who persist till they bear fruit who make it all the way.Be at peace in Christ your saviour and trust him he will not let you down.Faith is the willingness to act on the basis of what we know of God (which may be very little) and to trust him that he will not let us down.Gods people worship in Spirit and Truth.Faith and actions.Faithful.

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
(David S;29761)
Hi Folks,First of all it is good to me to meet young, freshly "Born again" Christians.I well remember May 1986 when I turned round and asked God to take over my life:)Can I just put one fundamental point straight?WE WILL DEFINITELY BE SAVED.........IF we remain in FAITH!!!
Hello...I am NOT a young, freshly born-again Christian and have spent many years studying the Word of God. Our salvation is permanent and not "IF" we remain faithful. I think you need to study up on God's "GRACE." We're saved by Grace through the "faith" ... the "finished" work of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8).:blessyou:

Squeak

Nov 13, 2007
(David S;29761)
Hi Folks,Can I just put one fundamental point straight?WE WILL DEFINITELY BE SAVED.........IF we remain in FAITH!!!David
IF we remain in FAITH! Exactly my point. How can someone declare they "ARE SAVED"....when they could stop having Faith...are they still saved just because they declared that they were saved at some point in their lifetime?

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
I am rather dissappointed in some of you. How I plead that you may have life in full! I sense some insecurity and uncertainity in your responses and have not really heard a sensible arguement but saved by grace through faith is a fallacy and it is called cheap grace! Speak not of such things of falsehood. Dwell on that which is pure and good. Squeak I am glad you can hear me out.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Squeak;29776)
IF we remain in FAITH! Exactly my point. How can someone declare they "ARE SAVED"....when they could stop having Faith...are they still saved just because they declared that they were saved at some point in their lifetime?
No there is no doctrine of once saved always saved

Squeak

Nov 13, 2007
(Faithful;29763)
Post such as the one which started this thread, discourages those who are not yet eating meat and does not build up those drinking milk but causes them to look inward and become afraid they are not truly a believer.Faithful.
Actually, when I read the initial post, I found it as an encouragement to not be complacent and feel to "comfortable" assuming that I am saved. I don't think I will be saved unless I earnestly and vigorously continue to walk with God, learn more about Him through reading the Bible, follow his commandments, share the Gospel with others, and act upon these things each and every day.IF I continue to do this throughout the rest of my natural life, then I will have Hope of being saved when the time comes. If I don't, well then I am not assured of anything since I would no longer be following what God has instructed. IF we can be assured of our salvation, wouldn't that seem to give licence to people doing whatever they want? Why bother practicing what we preach if we've already obtained the goal?

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
Wow squeak your response was remarkable thanks for the inspiration. I think you hit the nail on the head on that one.

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
(kriss;29782)
No there is no doctrine of once saved always saved
Kriss thanks for your clarification on this as well. Let us search out truth and pursue it for the kingdom of God is near.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
First off, I am assured of salvation. God always keeps his promises. The guarantee of salvation is the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 1: 13 Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.I cannot lose my salvation. John 10: 25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one."Twice here Jesus says that once they have been given to his care no one shall snatch them away. Salvation is guaranteed.So, because I am Jesus' now, I will be his forever. I know that I am saved because the Holy Spirit lives in me testifying to who Jesus is. It is as real to me as the air that I breathe. You cannot know this because you do not know me, nor can you see the Holy Spirit in me.It is a dangerous game to try to discern whether another person is saved, but we can always know about ourselves.Unfortunately, people assume that they are saved based on false evidence. This could be getting baptized or going to church. There is nothing that we can do to save ourselves. Being a Christian is about being in a relationship with Jesus Christ. It is the simplest thing to become a Christian, but also it is too hard for some people. They think that there has to be a catch. They think that they must do something to merit it. But they don't. Many people born into church families also get fooled. They think that because they grew up in the church then they are saved. But it doesn't work that way. We are never saved by proxy.One of you said that speaking in tongues is evidence. To which I say, "Maybe." I am not sure that all tongues is legitimate, although I think that speaking in tongues is real. It can be spoofed and as such we cannot assume because someone thinks that they are speaking in tongues then they are saved. The Devil delights in playing tricks on us.Finally, there should be some observable evidence of a changed heart. This is not something that we can judge easily. James 2 and 1 John 2 - 3 suggest that simple faith is not enough. Our desire to change must be sincere enough that it shows itself in some way in us. We cannot be saved by mere words or in actions. God looks past our lips and looks into our heart. He knows whether we mean it and deep down each of us knows it as well. Some people just do not want to admit it. They are only fooling themselves. It isn't enough to call oneself a Christian. We must really be one inside, in our innermost being.Blessings,Dunamite

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
Do you feel God's love? What is God's love?God's love is, though you are unworthy to be saved, He saved you.Therefore by this we feel God's great love to us.And by this love we are healed over time.

Nov 8, 2007
Justified by Faith(along with Unconditional Works)Sanctified by the Blood Atonement of Adonai Y'shua HaMashiachBaptized by the Holy Ghost new BirthHoly Ghost is us and with us til the Day of our redemption.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
And the holy ghost comes from belief and repentanceIt is offered us all through grace claimed by baptism of the Holy spirit which is come through Acceptance of Christ as our savior and repentance of our sins in his nameI know where you are going with this thread Tallman and tongues has nothing to do with this The holy spirit comes on all who claim their grace tongues is not the evidence of this whether you believe in tongues or not it is not the evidence of the holy spirit or Christ himself would have been babbling some unknown tongue

David S

Jan 6, 2008
Hi All,Romans 8 ?1. I agree we can't say we ARE saved. We WILL BE saved if we remain in FAITH2. Righteousness is BY FAITH not by works. On the other hand, Faith without DEEDS is dead. Because we believe in Christ and by the Holy Spirit we receive Gods Love we love God and want to be with Him and obey him that's where our works come from. It's like I once said to my wife "You don't have to stay with me". She was devastated!! "But I want to. I LOVE YOU" That's why I have faith in her.The door to Christianity is always open. We can walk out whenever we like. But the consequences are DEATH, NO SALVATION If we stay with Him it is LIFE and SALVATION and Romans 8:37 - 39 is our right.David