The True Sabbath and the Millennial Rest Foreshadowed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Ignore the teachings of Jesus, and the Apostles if you want,...
Where did Jesus or the Apostles ever teach his disciples to keep the Saturday Sabbath?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity,

When did God ever tell anyone to keep the Saturday Sabbath before Ex 16?

When God gave laws to Noah (EX 9) - laws that Jews consider Gentiles have to keep - why did God not mention Saturday Sabbath keeping?

Why do Jews, to whom God gave the Ten Commandments, not consider Gentiles have to keep the Saturday Sabbath?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Holy Seventh day Sabbath is the fourth commandment in the Christian ten commandments
Actually it is the Israelites Ten commandments It says so in your bible. Moses gave them Ten commandments when they came out of Egypt, Jesus never gave them to us. Read what He speaks of the old wine skin and new wine, the new patch into the old cloth, because that is what you are doing mixing the new covenant with the old, or as He put it,

No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Gentiles are grafted into the Israeli tree Romans 11, which means gentiles become one with the Israeli's in following the commandments which they received on Mount Sinai...same as they received Jesus, and we, as gentiles can be part of His salvation process for us, because we are at one with the Israeli's...If we follow the Commandments of course. John 14.15

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Mungo, given your obvious religious affiliation, I would not expect you to know anything about the Ten commandments of God..but if you care to read Exodus 20 you will see the Holy Seventh day Sabbath is the fourth commandment in the Christian ten commandments..I realize the church of Rome has made it the third commandment when they eliminated the 2nd commandment, about the church of Rome worshipping all those statues and God's condemnation of that practice...The Sabbath day is also part of creation, Genesis 2...it is a specially created day by God (not the pope)...Hope this all helps you understand the diffence between the Roman religious system and real Christianity.
I see you cannot answer simple questions. So I will give you the answers.

God never told anyone to keep the Saturday Sabbath before Exodus 16.
God didn't tell Noah to keep the Sabbath because he didn't have to.
Jews, to whom God gave the Ten Commandments, do not consider Gentiles have to keep the Saturday Sabbath because God never commanded them (Gentiles) to. It was an instruction for the Jews alone.

You also failed to answer the following:
Jesus said keep MY commandments.
Where did Jesus ever command Christians to keep the Saturday Sabbath?
The answer is that he didn't

And:
Where did Jesus or the Apostles ever teach his disciples to keep the Saturday Sabbath?
The answer is that they didn't

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Try reading the Bible if your religious organization will let you Mungo...
Genesis 2 God created the seventh day as a rest day, He blessed it and sanctified it and Exodus 20 commanded it..but blah blah blah...this all means nothing to you as your religious affiliation has it's own religion which does not line up with Christianity...
Try reading website End times deception, the antichrist is in plain sight....very informative

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Try reading the Bible if your religious organization will let you Mungo...
Genesis 2 God created the seventh day as a rest day, He blessed it and sanctified it and Exodus 20 commanded it..but blah blah blah...this all means nothing to you as your religious affiliation has it's own religion which does not line up with Christianity...
Try reading website End times deception, the antichrist is in plain sight....very informative
God blessed THAT seventh day on which he rested. The Bible, which I do read, doesn't say he blessed EVERY seventh day.

Exodus 20 commanded it for the JEWS to whom he gave the Ten Commandments as their covenant law. We are not Jews.

God didn't tell Gentiles to keep the Saturday Sabbath.

God never told Noah to keep the Saturday Sabbath.

Exodus 16 is the first time God told anyone to keep the Saturday Sabbath.

It was to the Israelites at Sinai that God gave the Ten Commandments. As Moses himself said:
"Not with our ancestors did the Lord make this covenant, but with us, who are all of us here alive today." (Dt 5:3).

Read that again - "not with our ancestors". Got it yet?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Mungo, given your obvious religious affiliation, I would not expect you to know anything about the Ten commandments of God..but if you care to read Exodus 20 you will see the Holy Seventh day Sabbath is the fourth commandment in the Christian ten commandments..I realize the church of Rome has made it the third commandment when they eliminated the 2nd commandment, about the church of Rome worshipping all those statues and God's condemnation of that practice.
The Catholic Church has not eliminated the 2nd commandment. What you call the 2nd commandment is part of the first commandment.

Dt. 5:8-10, or if you prefer Ex 20:3-6, is one commandment. That is how the Jews, who understand the commandments better than you, treat those verses.

The issue is why have you split them into two commandments?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gentiles are grafted into the Israeli tree Romans 11, which means gentiles become one with the Israeli's in following the commandments which they received on Mount Sinai...same as they received Jesus, and we, as gentiles can be part of His salvation process for us, because we are at one with the Israeli's...If we follow the Commandments of course. John 14.15
You really are out to prove yourself. If it was by works it would not be of grace, but you are trying for both just in case you find you own righteousness as filthy tags. which it is.

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Do you mean this web site:
http://christianitybeliefs.org/end-times-deceptions/the-antichrist-is-hidden-in-plain-sight/

If so, it is riddled with errors and unsubstantiated claims - but that would not concern you would it?

Take this error:

In Latin, “Vicar of Christ” is spelled “VICARIUS FILII DEI”, which equates numerically to 666.

The 'Vicar of Christ' is not “VICARIUS FILII DEI” in Latin.

'Vicar of Christ' is an English translation of the Latin phrase Vicarius Christi. Even Wikipedia gets that right.

So why does the website claim it is Vicarius Filii Dei ?
Solely because it adds up to 666 whereas Vicarius Christi does not.

The web site it titled End Time Deceptions, but it the web site that is full of deceptions.

This bogus Vicarius Filii Dei was invented by the Seventh Day Adventist's who even went as far as forging picture of a papa tiara with the words on it as "proof".

It was published in the second edition of Uriah Smith’s Daniel and the Revelation.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Confused, not at all, there is only two people that i know of adding the law to grace as a way to salvation. Why did JEsus come, because "NO MAN' no "NOT ONE" could keep the law, that is the "ten Commandments" that is why it is written in Revelation,

Rev_5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev_5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

No not one, not a single man was able, no not one was found worthy for only ": Christ " the lamb of God who took away the sins of teh word" was able and He alone was found worthy for He alone walked spoltess and without sin while upon this earth. Not one of us will ever be found worthy for none are able to keep the law. not one, not even you.

MJR..as usual you are very confused, trying to mix chapters of various books of the Bible to suit your mefarius purposes...if you cannot keep the Ten Commandments, the law of God, then you are to be pitied...Hebrews 8 and 10 God said "I will write my commandments on their hearts and minds, and I will be their God and they will be my people"...if you do not believe in His commandments, then who are you really following?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Do you mean this web site:
http://christianitybeliefs.org/end-times-deceptions/the-antichrist-is-hidden-in-plain-sight/

If so, it is riddled with errors and unsubstantiated claims - but that would not concern you would it?

Take this error:

In Latin, “Vicar of Christ” is spelled “VICARIUS FILII DEI”, which equates numerically to 666.

The 'Vicar of Christ' is not “VICARIUS FILII DEI” in Latin.

'Vicar of Christ' is an English translation of the Latin phrase Vicarius Christi. Even Wikipedia gets that right.

So why does the website claim it is Vicarius Filii Dei ?
Solely because it adds up to 666 whereas Vicarius Christi does not.

The web site it titled End Time Deceptions, but it the web site that is full of deceptions.

This bogus Vicarius Filii Dei was invented by the Seventh Day Adventist's who even went as far as forging picture of a papa tiara with the words on it as "proof".

It was published in the second edition of Uriah Smith’s Daniel and the Revelation.

Very good Biblical references in the website End times deceptions, the antichrist is hidden in plain sight...
ties in perfectly with Revelation 17 and 18...
Many do not like it because it is the truth..and they cannot tolerate the truth..2nd Timothy 4

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
heretoeternity said:
if you cannot keep the Ten Commandments, the law of God, then you are to be pitied...
Even you can't keep them, unless you are trying to be God. non-osas is filled with hypocrisy and self righteousness.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Even you can't keep them, unless you are trying to be God. non-osas is filled with hypocrisy and self righteousness.
[/quote

You are confused as well...by doing God's will is not trying to be God, but is to be a humble servant of God. This is opposed to thinking you can play God by not keeping His word, and doing what you want and for some reason think you earned your salvation by your own works, which you think are so remarkably good...If you are truly saved you should want to keep God's law..as Paul said in Romans "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law"..And Revelation 7 "God's law is just and good", and 1st John "those who say they know Him and keep not His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them"

Nov 2, 2016
USA
heretoeternity said:
[/quote

You are confused as well...by doing God's will is not trying to be God, but is to be a humble servant of God. This is opposed to thinking you can play God by not keeping His word, and doing what you want and for some reason think you earned your salvation by your own works, which you think are so remarkably good...If you are truly saved you should want to keep God's law..as Paul said in Romans "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law"..And Revelation 7 "God's law is just and good", and 1st John "those who say they know Him and keep not His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them"
You're a sinner just like everyone else dude.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
and most will never accept the free gift of salvation. my heart breaks for the religious self-saving people in this world. my heart breaks because they will never change even into their 70's and 80's.