The True Sabbath and the Millennial Rest Foreshadowed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This would be the alternate problem. If there was a crusted type by the time bodies hit the lava then it would not have the appearance of the lake described in the scriptures. There is one other point about this that the spirit has brought to my mind last night... A normal earthly fire cannot kill the soul so, based on this I would say that the only fire that could perform both destructions is the very presence of God himself.

I humbly offer these scriptures;
Nahum 1:6 Who can stand before His indignation? Who can endure the burning of His anger? His wrath is poured out like fire And the rocks are broken up by Him.

Deuteronomy 4:24 "For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Jeremiah 4:4 "Circumcise yourselves to the LORD And remove the foreskins of your heart, Men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, Or else My wrath will go forth like fire And burn with none to quench it, Because of the evil of your deeds."

Malachi 3:2 "But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap.

There is one small point that appears to be unreconciled though since i'm fairly certain that sulfur is not part of the fire spoken of in the above verses and it is in this verse;

Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

A normal earthly fire cannot kill the soul? Are you are that animals too also have souls, and their souls are destroyed when they die? The soul is kept or destroyed by the will of God, nothing to do with being near or far from his presence, and he can choose how he wants to destroy the soul of a man.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A normal earthly fire cannot kill the soul? Are you are that animals too also have souls, and their souls are destroyed when they die? The soul is kept or destroyed by the will of God, nothing to do with being near or far from his presence, and he can choose how he wants to destroy the soul of a man.

I am fairly certain that the soul does not die at physical death. I don't believe animals are constructed in the same manner as man was.
The question about the dead has come up before and the answer was;
Mark 12:26And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? 27He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

Now don't take me wrong on the subject. I have no wish to downplay the work you have done but it is possible for us to err and I'm just thinking that the scripture must be correct in each of the angles that play on the ones you are using. So, I believe there is more that needs correlation for the lava concept to be solid... lol sry.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am fairly certain that the soul does not die at physical death. I don't believe animals are constructed in the same manner as man was.
The question about the dead has come up before and the answer was;
Mark 12:26And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? 27He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

Now don't take me wrong on the subject. I have no wish to downplay the work you have done but it is possible for us to err and I'm just thinking that the scripture must be correct in each of the angles that play on the ones you are using. So, I believe there is more that needs correlation for the lava concept to be solid... lol sry.

Animals have souls, read

And God said, Let the waters swarm with swarms of living souls, and let fowl fly above the earth in the expanse of the heavens. And God created the great sea monsters, and every living soul that moves with which the waters swarm, after their kind, and every winged fowl after its kind. And God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:20-21 [DBT])

And God said, Let the earth bring forth living souls after their kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth, after their kind. And it was so. (Genesis 1:24 [DBT])

Your English translation of the bible may not render "nephesh" as soul, because most churches will teach that the soul is "immortal", so many would be puzzled as to how an animal could also possess a soul. But a soul is the being of an animal or man, which even angels (the angel that spoke to Moses spoke of his own soul, "my soul") have, which is brought to existence and LIFE by the breath of God, the "spirit". Now, each soul has a different mind, there's the mind of an animal, and there's and the mind of a man. Upon the death of animal, its soul ceases to exist. Whereas when a man dies, his soul is kept stored in Sheol, that it may be resurrected in the future, for judgment. Once judgment has been executed on him who was resurrected in the future, his death by lava will destroy both his body and soul, no different than how an animal dies body and soul when it dies. And this happens by will of God. It has nothing to do with the the soul needing to be a proximity to God for the soul to be destroyed. God can use a fork to kill both your body and soul if he wanted to. The soul is CREATED, just as fire is CREATED, and both things can be uncreated/destroyed if God so wished and using whatever method he wishes. I have a study on soul and spirit here The Soul and Spirit of the Natural Body, and the Spiritual Body of the First Resurrection | Wisdom of God . Also read The Sleep of Death in Sheol, the Two Resurrections, and the Lake of Fire Judgment | Wisdom of God .

Last edited:

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Animals have souls, read
And God said, Let the waters swarm with swarms of living souls, and let fowl fly above the earth in the expanse of the heavens. And God created the great sea monsters, and every living soul that moves with which the waters swarm, after their kind, and every winged fowl after its kind. And God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:20-21 [DBT])

Have no worries about my replies because I have not studied yet the full meanings of creature vs mankind differences. The lava thing was just something that struck me as untrue but If you would have an interest in delving into the question of the soul I would certainly like to explore it however, this is your thread with a specific subject and I will not sidetrack it for my own desire to explore. It is still nice to see that you have gathered many pearls of truth in your writings. Thx for your time.

Abiding Grace

Aug 24, 2009
Arizona
Faith
Country
United States
Did it not occur to you that its to spread the truth? You people love to complain, grumble, and find fault whenever the words you hear or read do not agree with you.

You don't know me. What do you mean by "you people". Are you just advertising your site?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been reading the messages on this site,the Sabbath was changed between 321 and 324 under Constantine, Royal order declaring! you will no longer keep the Sabbath of the Jews or the Feasts of the Jews. The Sabbath was a sign between God and his chosen people, the Hebrew people. Constantine was never a Christian, he was a worshiper of Sol Invictus Mithra, the invincible Sun, and Ordered all in his Empire to worship on SUN-day. And by the way the Feasts, were the Feast of God, not the Jews, he never read or inquired about the Faith of the early Assembly s [or Church]. At the end of Creating, on the seventh day God rested, and by keeping the seventh Day we are Declaring that God did Create the Heavens and the Earth, and everything else. also the Royal order was that anyone keeping the True Sabbath would loose their Head. It only takes on Generation to change a way of keeping anything. Train up child in the way that they should go,and they will not depart from it. PS why is there talk about the souls of beasts and fishes, God Created all according to His Pleasure.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath was Established in the beginning, At Creation, the Sabbath was also given at Mount Sinai when God Spoke to the Children of Israel from the Mountain. The Sabbath was an Imperative Commandment, you shall keep the Sabbath and keep it set apart. It is in the same set of Commandments that you can get at any Christian book store, it was spoken to the people, then written in stone, and is still valid today. I know the Church teaches, So let no one Judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, remember that these were Gentiles Paul was writing to not those who kept the Sabbath already, they were converting to the Faith from Pagan god worship, the let no man should read, let no Idolater judge you. do not let those you had fellowship with in pagan worship, give you a hard time because you started to Worship the True God.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath was Established in the beginning, At Creation, the Sabbath was also given at Mount Sinai when God Spoke to the Children of Israel from the Mountain. The Sabbath was an Imperative Commandment, you shall keep the Sabbath and keep it set apart. It is in the same set of Commandments that you can get at any Christian book store, it was spoken to the people, then written in stone, and is still valid today. I know the Church teaches, So let no one Judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, remember that these were Gentiles Paul was writing to not those who kept the Sabbath already, they were converting to the Faith from Pagan god worship, the let no man should read, let no Idolater judge you. do not let those you had fellowship with in pagan worship, give you a hard time because you started to Worship the True God.

The Sabbath was not actually given in Sinai.... it was reminded... Remember to keep it holy.
The judging of Sabbaths / holy days was in reference to how you kept them holy not whether they should be kept. The jewish leaders had added so many rules not given by God for how to observe the days that it made sense to tell the people that they should essentially follow the spirit of the law.