The Truth will set/make you free

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I posted way back and said it was a good post (the OP ) kind of read it with fresh eyes this morning xx
I think many Christians believe there are only two levels of growth, childhood and maturity.........many proberbly don’t even realise they are stuck in the middle. I was definitely stuck, but not sure it was because of theology, I was just plain stuck in a mindset all of my own making !!!!!!!
Rita
@Rita 2 Peter 3 says: 'Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ'. This is not something that stops or stays static.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well that's what those on the milk do...when we really start getting hungry for a deeper truth and seek it then we will find it.
So those who are spiritual (like Paul was saying) have to have patience to teach those who are carnal with humble spirit remembering from whence we came...being fed on the milk.
@Heart2Soul Yes, patience is a good point there...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 8:32
The Truth will Set You Free

31So He said to the Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33“We are Abraham’s descendants,” they answered. “We have never been slaves to anyone. How can You say we will be set free?”…

I was praying and meditating on this yesterday and this is what the Holy Spirit spoke to me.
His Word is Truth and it is Truth on many levels....to the newborn in Christ....the Truth that set them free is Salvation through Christ....to the saints growing from the milk of the Word the Truth that sets free is the foundations of the teaching of how we are to walk in the spirit and not the flesh....to those who are into the meat of His Word the Truth that sets us free is learning how to operate in the gifts of the Holy Spirit and to battle the enemy using our authority in Christ....then to those who are able to get to the higher calling the Truth that sets us free is the hidden wisdom of God that shows us the mysteries of God.....

The Truth that sets us free is there throughout our growing walk with Him and it is a continual Truth....some get bogged down and stuck in just one area of it through religious doctrines and cannot continue any further....others move on to the deeper truths but lack simple faith to believe for it to happen for them (it only happens for others)...not seeing themselves in the likeness and image of Him...and for those it takes longer to move forward....but to those who reach the higher calling they have attained the Truth that sets them free from lacking faith of any possibilities....that nothing is impossible to God...they can walk on water like Jesus....move mountains....cast out demons...heal the sick....make the blind to see and the deaf to hear....they are the true disciples of Christ....following His example in every way....

Here is hope....the Bible says...John 16:13
However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come.

So what level of Truth are you at right now? I urge you to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you to deeper levels of truth....to open your eyes to see and your ears to hear what He would have you to know at this point of your spiritual walk....line upon line...precept upon precept....Amen.

P.S. Jesus said IF you continue in my Word....

"He will guide you into all truth." We know we have received all truth when we walk as He walked...free of sin or any unrighteousness. In Him is no sin.

But many see truth as an intellectual exercise that has no power over the sin and this world. Truths don't set you free. But entering into Christ who is all truth is salvation from the power of this world. The truth is an empowering from above.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He will guide you into all truth." We know we have received all truth when we walk as He walked...free of sin or any unrighteousness. In Him is no sin.

But many see truth as an intellectual exercise that has no power over the sin and this world. Truths don't see you free. But entering into Christ who is all truth is salvation from the power of this world. The truth is an empowering from above.
Yes, that's why they are children still on the milk....they are not ready for the meat.

Reactions: Helen and Episkopos

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well that's not enough information to know what YOU perceive as doctrinal meat....it's something that the Holy Spirit has to do otherwise we get bogged down in doctrine.....in my humble opinion
@Heart2Soul Well actually I wouldn't use the term 'bogged down', because doctrine refers to the teaching that is believed and it all in the end centres on the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus in Scripture in all their glorious aspects.

Perhaps the term doctrine is what some ppl wonder about...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Well actually I wouldn't use the term 'bogged down', because doctrine refers to the teaching that is believed and it all in the end centres on the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus in Scripture in all their glorious aspects.

Perhaps the term doctrine is what some ppl wonder about...
A person can be well versed in the Bible and selected doctrines without knowing Jesus... without being able to see his face clearly. Where was Saul/Paul before he met Jesus on the road to Damascus, seemingly an honor student who would never have moved up higher? He had sat at the feet of Gamaliel and had learned the scriptures, not a bad thing, but he had failed to take hold of the most important thing:

"And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." Luke 10:41-42

Then Paul met the Master and the Holy Spirit began to teach him! Then God used him to write much of what we are now able to read. What are we able to understand of what he wrote? Have we also "chosen that good part"?

There are perhaps too many people who know their Bibles in a measure, but having found a comfortable plateau have never moved beyond the milk... They remain babbling babies with no sincere interest in partaking in meat or in hearing the voice of God, although they may pay lip service to both. Up on what was at first seemingly a high plateau, foolishly believing they need not, and indeed could not climb higher, they stay until... it "shall be taken away"?

"For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Matt 13:12

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person can be well versed in the Bible and selected doctrines without knowing Jesus... without being able to see his face clearly. Where was Saul/Paul before he met Jesus on the road to Damascus, seemingly an honor student who would never have moved up higher? He had sat at the feet of Gamaliel and had learned the scriptures, not a bad thing, but he had failed to take hold of the most important thing:

"And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." Luke 10:41-42

Then Paul met the Master and the Holy Spirit began to teach him! Then God used him to write much of what we are now able to read. What are we able to understand of what he wrote? Have we also "chosen that good part"?

There are perhaps too many people who know their Bibles in a measure, but having found a comfortable plateau have never moved beyond the milk... They remain babbling babies with no sincere interest in partaking in meat or in hearing the voice of God, although they may pay lip service to both. Up on what was at first seemingly a high plateau, foolishly believing they need not, and indeed could climb higher, they stay until... it "shall be taken away"?

"For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Matt 13:12
I have met educated athiest with phd's in theology and understand the Bible, and can use the Bible better than most people sitting in a church pew every week.

Even studying the Bible and knowing all the theology that can be known, does not mean a person accepts God.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

There are perhaps too many people who know their Bibles in a measure, but having found a comfortable plateau have never moved beyond the milk... They remain babbling babies with no sincere interest in partaking in meat or in hearing the voice of God, although they may pay lip service to both. Up on what was at first seemingly a high plateau, foolishly believing they need not, and indeed could climb higher, they stay until... it "shall be taken away"?

May the Scriptures search us indeed for His glory.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have met educated athiest with phd's in theology and understand the Bible, and can use the Bible better than most people sitting in a church pew every week.

Even studying the Bible and knowing all the theology that can be known, does not mean a person accepts God.
Even so!

Reactions: Helen and farouk

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:32
The Truth will Set You Free

31So He said to the Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33“We are Abraham’s descendants,” they answered. “We have never been slaves to anyone. How can You say we will be set free?”…

I was praying and meditating on this yesterday and this is what the Holy Spirit spoke to me.
His Word is Truth and it is Truth on many levels....to the newborn in Christ....the Truth that set them free is Salvation through Christ....to the saints growing from the milk of the Word the Truth that sets free is the foundations of the teaching of how we are to walk in the spirit and not the flesh....to those who are into the meat of His Word the Truth that sets us free is learning how to operate in the gifts of the Holy Spirit and to battle the enemy using our authority in Christ....then to those who are able to get to the higher calling the Truth that sets us free is the hidden wisdom of God that shows us the mysteries of God.....

The Truth that sets us free is there throughout our growing walk with Him and it is a continual Truth....some get bogged down and stuck in just one area of it through religious doctrines and cannot continue any further....others move on to the deeper truths but lack simple faith to believe for it to happen for them (it only happens for others)...not seeing themselves in the likeness and image of Him...and for those it takes longer to move forward....but to those who reach the higher calling they have attained the Truth that sets them free from lacking faith of any possibilities....that nothing is impossible to God...they can walk on water like Jesus....move mountains....cast out demons...heal the sick....make the blind to see and the deaf to hear....they are the true disciples of Christ....following His example in every way....

Here is hope....the Bible says...John 16:13
However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come.

So what level of Truth are you at right now? I urge you to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you to deeper levels of truth....to open your eyes to see and your ears to hear what He would have you to know at this point of your spiritual walk....line upon line...precept upon precept....Amen.

P.S. Jesus said IF you continue in my Word....

I couldn't agree more that we need to grow up in Christ, established on the truth of God, and conversational in the word of God. However, to think getting old in the Lord is a matter of greater miracle production is, I think, naive. There are different ministries, and the Lord guides us as He sees fit. We don't control that.

Also, don't see staying in one truth for a long time as being "unspiritual." Perhaps your calling is to focus on the Baptism of the Spirit, or on Salvation, or on Bible Prophecy? It is God who determines these things--not us. We're just servants who have to obey.

Yes, some, who fall away from their love for God, get sidetracked, and descend into a kind of religious liturgy, a religious pattern that lacks vitality. That I definitely agree with you needs to be grown out of, or simply cast aside.

I think we need to always be fresh in our relationship with the Lord. Others will sense that. Otherwise, good word. Truth is for all stages. It is our connection to God that brings truth--not just memory.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't agree more that we need to grow up in Christ, established on the truth of God, and conversational in the word of God. However, to think getting old in the Lord is a matter of greater miracle production is, I think, naive. There are different ministries, and the Lord guides us as He sees fit. We don't control that.

Also, don't see staying in one truth for a long time as being "unspiritual." Perhaps your calling is to focus on the Baptism of the Spirit, or on Salvation, or on Bible Prophecy? It is God who determines these things--not us. We're just servants who have to obey.

Yes, some, who fall away from their love for God, get sidetracked, and descend into a kind of religious liturgy, a religious pattern that lacks vitality. That I definitely agree with you needs to be grown out of, or simply cast aside.

I think we need to always be fresh in our relationship with the Lord. Others will sense that. Otherwise, good word. Truth is for all stages. It is our connection to God that brings truth--not just memory.
Some people mature faster or are able to receive it sooner than others....all depends on whether they are seeking....that's the key.
I got saved when I was 7, baptized with water at 12, received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit when I was 16, started being used in the gifts at age 24, got called to the prophetic ministry when I was 40.....wonder what was taking so long?.....me...myself...and I and the teaching I was under.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people mature faster or are able to receive it sooner than others....all depends on whether they are seeking....that's the key.
I got saved when I was 7, baptized with water at 12, received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit when I was 16, started being used in the gifts at age 24, got called to the prophetic ministry when I was 40.....wonder what was taking so long?.....me...myself...and I and the teaching I was under.
I had to wait 50 years.
Moses had to wait 80 years.