The Two Witnesses Are Not Two Men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounded strange when I first read it, but the idea is growing on me.

The Dragon chased a woman through the Foxe Book Days.

Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

G4396
προφήτης
prophētēs
prof-ay'-tace
From a compound of G4253 and G5346; a foreteller (“prophet”); by analogy an inspired speaker; by extension a poet: - prophet.
Total KJV occurrences: 149

Prophets are male. Prophetess is a female prophet.

Luk_2:36 And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;

G4398
προφῆτις
prophētis
prof-ay'-tis
Feminine of G4396; a female foreteller or an inspired woman: - prophetess.
Total KJV occurrences: 2

These are two different words, one for males (prophetes) and one for females (prophetis).

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

G4396
προφήτης
prophētēs
prof-ay'-tace
From a compound of G4253 and G5346; a foreteller (“prophet”); by analogy an inspired speaker; by extension a poet: - prophet.
Total KJV occurrences: 149

Prophets are male. Prophetess is a female prophet.

Luk_2:36 And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;

G4398
προφῆτις
prophētis
prof-ay'-tis
Feminine of G4396; a female foreteller or an inspired woman: - prophetess.
Total KJV occurrences: 2

These are two different words, one for males (prophetes) and one for females (prophetis).

When I look at my post you quoted, I can't understand what I was talking about.

I wasn't talking about the Two Witnesses, it was the Dragon chasing God's People during the middle ages. The Waldensians and the Piedmont Easter.

I doubt there's enough time remaining for Moses and Elijah to travel around the world as the Two Witnesses prophesieing, even if they had jet packs like the Mandalorian. Lol.

You're saying because the word used for "prophet" has a male or female version, that these two prophets must be men.

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.​

The author of Hebrews is speaking of the Bible when he references the "word of God". Am I right? And it's the Holy Spirit inspired Bible that contains not only the words of the prophets, but also the Gospel message of salvation. God’s word, His spoken word, is living and active when we open up the Bible. This is when the prophets speak.

Not just the words of Moses and Elijah, but especially Daniel, John the Apostle and the Gospel message are given special power in the 1260 days prior to Christ's appearance. (Everyone needs to be "sealed" or "marked" when He appears. When He appears we will be like Him.)

There's not going to be a global drought like the other guy is worried about. Like I said before, not from the lack of H2O rain, but a lack of the Living Waters that come from Heaven. That being the latter rain. Revelation 6:6 was not talking about a famine or food shortage, it was something else that started a long time ago.

Just now in the news Poland outlawed grain imported from Ukraine. There's too much grain that's driving the price down. Polish farmers can't make any money on it. Lol.

There's two things happening simultaneously.

One we have the timing, which should include a named Prophetic time period from the Bible. In other cases it's trying to count 6000 years from creation. Some probably did pretty good on it. I think we're right in the ballpark. I think the first month of 2026 is a thing. Other guys that count Jubilee cycles from creation say 2023 to 2030. I think I know for fact that there's another way to be meticulously more accurate with the timing. The same way that the 3 wise men must have known when to be looking for His star in the East.

The second thing happening is the specific Prophecy itself. What does the Prophecy mean? What is going to happen? What happens next? When was the falling away? What is the Abomination of Desolation? Who is the Antichrist? Where was the Holy Place? Where is the Temple he has taken his seat in and proclaimed himself as God. What is the mark of the beast? Who are the Two Witnesses?

The Prophetic Time Periods are painting us into a corner. What might happen soon is that as we all get closer, and closer to a hard stop in time, we might start to consider that all these prophetic events may be something other than what the prophecy expositors of the past told us they would be.

In Christian's case, as an example, right now he's still sure that his timing is valid. That timing demands that the Two Witnesses must be here NOW. And he's connecting some drought news in the media as evidence of that. But for every drought story, I can show you a flood story. Greece just went from fires, to flooding in the streets. Then the storm invaded many countries and swept through the Mediterranean like a flood. The Libyans were in submission.

But as we keep using up this time we're in, at some point, we might get the notion that many of the prophetic events may be, must be, happening now in some other less traditional way. The timing, the Prophetic Time Periods, are painting us into a corner and will force which doctrine is true. We will keep going along relatively normal, peace and safety, until sudden destruction hits and the flood comes and takes them all away. Just like in the Days of Noah and Lot.

The Two Witnesses were just here. They had to be. Price action makes for market commentary. The Prophetic Time period forces them to be something other than what the Hal Lindsey model suggested them to be to us. The Beast, Satan, the one that ascended from the bottomless pit, has already made war on them, and killed them. Their bodies are lying dead in the street right now. The 3.5 days are 3.5 years.

It's happening now. The Two Witnesses were the personification of seemingly inanimate objects. Like that phrase in the U.S. of how a "bill" was killed in congress. How can you kill a law? How can you kill the Bible? Remember alive and active? The Two Witnesses had to be killed sometime prior to Friday June 24, 2022, (Roe/Wade). Because the Beast's authority was ending too. John has finished measuring the inner court. We ARE the inner court alive now and living with the tares, which are the outer court. We are living in the night when no man can work.

Think of the Two Witnesses as the two Olive Trees and the two Lamp Stands. Two of one thing, and two of another. You told me that in the other forum. The Holy Spirit, and the Bible. The Law, and the Prophets. The OT, and the NT. Two of one thing, and two of another.

The fire that comes out from their mouths is the fire that comes out of the mouth of the Holy Spirit inspired Bible on Judgment Day and destroys their enemies. That is how they are doomed to be killed. The Bible SPEAKS of fire that will fill the earth some day.

"They have the power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying,​

This is not speaking of a drought, this is a reference to the symbolic rain that James was speaking of. From the mouth of James 5:7 says:

“Be patient, therefore, beloved until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious crop from the earth, being patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains.”​

The early and latter rains symbolize spiritual blessings and knowledge, the Gospel from above which nourishes and softens our hearts so that we may grow in Christ. Spiritual blessings include the gift of the Holy Spirit and the truth of Scriptures. The early rains began when our Lord and the apostles went out to preach the Gospel to the world. These truths were like living rain pouring down upon the dry land (drought parched without the Living Waters which flow out from Christ).

Then it says: "and they have power to turn the waters into blood". Opposite of the "living waters''?

We are now just past the days of the latter rains (a time of a great increase of knowledge respecting the Bible and Bible prophecies). The Gospel of the Kingdom has reached, and been preached to all the nations. We are at the end which has come. The land remains dry, in drought, without God's truth. The land, the Earth, will soon vomit out its inhabitants.

We are deep now into the seals, the trumpets and the vials. This summer the planet has broken temperature records. Florida has set an all time high in sea water temperature this summer of over 101 Fahrenheit, over 38 Celsius.

The sun has been given the power to scorch men.

"The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire. They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.​

The signs were all subtle. They had to be. So that they could be easily dismissed, both for those who are not willing to accept it, and especially for those who are perishing.

And so that even though we are not in darkness so that that day should overtake us as a thief, the Son of Man will still be able to come like a thief, to come at an hour that we do not expect. It had to be that way.

Think about it like if Moses and Elijah were here shooting around on jet packs killing the reprobate with fire shooting out from their mouths, then everyone would know that we were in one of the days of the Son of Man.

Then everyone would know that His Hour is here.