The Two Witnesses Will Appear in the Next New Moon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thessalonians chapter 5:3. For when they shall say, peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes upon them as travail upon woman with child; and they shall not escape. 5:4. But Ye brethren, are not in darkness, that day should overtake you as a thief. The thief here is satan as antichrist. Those who don't take God seriously, won't study sound doctrine or listening to misguided preachers, will be deceived by antichrist lies and deception near future. Were too late in the game to play church. Micah 3:4. Then shall they cry unto the Lord, but He will not hear them: he will even hide His face from them at that time, as they have behaved themselves I'll in their doings. God will not listen to sputters, that's hirelings who teach tradition of men, false doctrine. Churches are not so supposed to be body counts for money. But teaching God's word to the flocks. God will not give holy spirit to apostates and hirelings. 3:5. Thus says the Lord concerning the prophets that make My people err, that bite with their teeth and cry peace ; and he that puts not the their mouths, they even prepare war against him. Anyone who calls out a pastor or minister, challenges their traditions of men teaching. The pastor or reverend will lash out at them. They don't want to lose their position, salary and pension. These misguided preachers are compromised. Turned their backs on God and sold out. Those who teach contrary to sound doctrine, are children of darkness. The two witnesses will arrive 10 days before antichrist, 6th trump. We're in the 5th trump. Revelation chapter 13:3. And I saw one his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. God strikes deadly wound near future to a one world political system. God will allow satan to heal deadly wound, 6th trump. How does satan as antichrist heal it?? By absorbing nations back in the system, it turns to a one world religious system, 5 month period. Its temporary world peace. Ephesians chapter 6, those who don't have gospel armory on, it's knowledge and wisdom of God's word, will worship antichrist. Deuteronomy 32:39. See now that I , even I am He, And there is no God with Me: I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal: Neither is there any that can deliver out of My hand. God will wound the one world political system near future. Jesus will allow satan as antichrist to heal deadly wound. Again, we're in the 5th trump. The two witnesses arrive 10 day's before antichrist, near future. If anyone wants to to listen to dreamers making nonsense predictions, go ahead. We're hearing peace talks, peace negotiations, and accords. The thief, antichrist, will overtake the children of darkness near future.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
their message will include obedience to the Torah of Moses and getting rid of money

The real two witnesses won't be promoting going back to the Torah of Moses. That is a clear sign that you don't know what you are talking about and have the wrong understanding of their message. I will be looking forward to the failure of your prophecy about them though.

Reactions: Mr E

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As do I. I wonder how many of us sense the veil?
Looks likes it brewing.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is called one in scripture.

Not quite. Twice, in scripture a question is asked about him-- both referring to the same example...

Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother named Mary? And aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? Matt 13:55
Isn’t this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? (Mark 6)

Both are questions about him, not statements of fact. We can ask the same questions today and scripture still doesn't answer.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not quite. Twice, in scripture a question is asked about him-- both referring to the same example...

Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother named Mary? And aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? Matt 13:55
Isn’t this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? (Mark 6)

Both are questions about him, not statements of fact. We can ask the same questions today and scripture still doesn't answer.

Those are rhetorical questions. In one he is identified as the son of a carpenter and in the other a carpenter himself. Both are true.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are rhetorical questions. In one he is identified as the son of a carpenter and in the other a carpenter himself. Both are true.

You are making assumptions about the nature of the questions as well as the answers (not given).

If you say both are true, (they might be) then do you agree that he really is Joseph’s son as it says, or do you get fast and loose with what it actually says. Do you just make more assumptions?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are making assumptions about the nature of the questions as well as the answers (not given).

By nature, rhetorical questions don't require answers.

If you say both are true, (they might be) then do you agree that he really is Joseph’s son as it says, or do you get fast and loose with what it actually says. Do you just make more assumptions?

I have yet to make an assumption. You are assuming that I did.

Jesus was Joseph's son, by law not blood.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By nature, rhetorical questions don't require answers.

I have yet to make an assumption. You are assuming that I did.

Jesus was Joseph's son, by law not blood.

There's two assumptions right there.

First, that the question was rhetorical. It seems earnest. They ask--- isn't this Jesus? (whom they know to be Joseph and Mary's son).

Secondly, you assume that he wasn't Joseph's actual son (opposing scripture).

Try again.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

First, that the question was rhetorical. It seems earnest. They ask--- isn't this Jesus? (whom they know to be Joseph and Mary's son).

That's what a rhetorical question is, lol They ask something they actually do know. It just means they are shocked that this carpenter they have known, now is the Messiah and working miracles.

Jesus was not Joseph's blood-related son. Claiming that is HERESY! Jesus was in the womb of the VIRGIN Mary. Jesus has NO HUMAN BIRTH FATHER! Shame on you.

God is his Father, and Joseph his step father, a legal father because he married Jesus' mother. This is basic Christian knowledge.

Reactions: Truth7t7 and Nancy

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Try again.
If they didn't know that identity of Jesus they would have asked an actual question. As in, "Is Jesus....?"

They would not have asked for confirmation of what they thought they already knew about him. Which is the tenor and tone of that inquiry in the passage .

"Isn't this....?"
Is seeking confirmation of what they already knew.

Reactions: Nancy and ewq1938

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what a rhetorical question is, lol They ask something they actually do know. It just means they are shocked that this carpenter they have known, now is the Messiah and working miracles.

Jesus was not Joseph's blood-related son. Claiming that is HERESY! Jesus was in the womb of the VIRGIN Mary. Jesus has NO HUMAN BIRTH FATHER! Shame on you.

God is his Father, and Joseph his step father, a legal father because he married Jesus' mother. This is basic Christian knowledge.
There are cults that teach Jesus was just a man. Maybe that's where the errant understanding of Mr. E comes from?

Reactions: Nancy and ewq1938

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aside from the fact that these posts are way off topic, sorry OP. I must ask, @Mr E Do you reject the virgin birth?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many would claim that to be heretical blasphemy and I wouldn't disagree

Matthew 1:18KJV
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Reactions: Nancy

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they didn't know that identity of Jesus they would have asked an actual question. As in, "Is Jesus....?"

They would not have asked for confirmation of what they thought they already knew about him. Which is the tenor and tone of that inquiry in the passage .

"Isn't this....?"
Is seeking confirmation of what they already knew.

If they knew, they wouldn't have to ask.

That question-- followed these:

Many who heard him were astonished, saying, “Where did he get these ideas?
And what is this wisdom that has been given to him?
What are these miracles that are done through his hands?

Isn't this.......?

In other words, they didn't know how this person who had these ideas, this wisdom and could do these miracles could possibly be the same Jesus that they knew to be the son of Mary and Joseph. This was his hometown after all, so they would have some familiarity, unless perhaps he had been gone from town a long time.

Their astonishment- is the key you might be missing. They simply could not make it make sense. It didn't add up. How could it be that Jesus? To follow your logic, you'd have to assume that they knew also where he got that wisdom..... but they didn't. Or-- in their minds, this couldn't have been the Jesus they knew.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they knew, they wouldn't have to ask.

That question-- followed these:

Many who heard him were astonished, saying, “Where did he get these ideas?
And what is this wisdom that has been given to him?
What are these miracles that are done through his hands?

Isn't this.......?

In other words, they didn't know how this person who had these ideas, this wisdom and could do these miracles could possibly be the same Jesus that they knew to be the son of Mary and Joseph. This was his hometown after all, so they would have some familiarity, unless perhaps he had been gone from town a long time.

Their astonishment- is the key you might be missing. They simply could not make it make sense. It didn't add up. How could it be that Jesus? To follow your logic, you'd have to assume that they knew also where he got that wisdom..... but they didn't. Or-- in their minds, this couldn't have been the Jesus they knew.
Or, knowing he was the carpenters sin they were surprised he would have ideas beyond what is typical of a carpenter. Which is why they were asking for clarity being they were confused as to why a carpenters son would possess such knowledge.

Consider a contemporary example.
A laborer, say someone who is a cashier, demonstrates higher intelligence and powers beyond what is typical of regular people.

Trying to reconcile those discrepancies someone may say, wait a minute. Isn't he a cashier at the department store up the road?