The Two Witnesses Will Appear in the Next New Moon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There. Now you are being honest. That's all I was looking for, the truth.

Much love!

I was never anything but honest. I wrote a whole thread on the subject.

Let me ask you-- Do you think that there was a virgin birth in Isaiah? The sign that was given---

Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son.

According to your understanding of how young women conceive a child.... well, I'll just outright ask you. What is your understanding of how children are conceived?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interpretation of the parable of the prodigal son is a different subject, not to be confused with my simple statement that Jesus was not a prodigal.

That's okay. You don't have to answer. You can hide under your mama's skirt for all I care.

Here's a direct question you might also run from....

Does being a prodigal disqualify a Father's love, forgiveness, acceptance and one's sonship?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll just refer to my previous posts in this thread.

You reject Jesus' virgin birth, though you claimed you don't.

Much love!

Now you are just lying.

I've been very open and transparent about my understanding.

1. Mary and Joseph were betrothed.
2. Mary was a virgin.
3. Joseph took her as his wife (that means they had sex at the ceremony)
4. Mary conceived a son
5. The son was a descendant of David, through Joseph (as scripture confirms)

Tell me if I have this correct-- Your main point of contention is the order of events.

You think:
1. Mary and Joseph were betrothed.
2. Mary was a virgin.
4. Mary conceived a son (without sperm from Joseph)
3. Joseph took her as his wife (but didn't consummate the marriage-- they were not really married)
5. The son was a NOT descendant of David, through Joseph (as scripture says)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
That's okay. You don't have to answer. You can hide under your mama's skirt for all I care.

Here's a direct question you might also run from....

Does being a prodigal disqualify a Father's love, forgiveness, acceptance and one's sonship?
So you do believe Jesus was a prodigal son... Very twisted, I was hoping you were just speaking hypothetically. If Jesus were a sinner the ramifications would be incalculable.

Here is another question: You believe that Jesus became the son of God by the Spirit but not the flesh. How then did Jesus Christ come in the flesh if flesh begets flesh and spirit begets spirit?

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy and Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Mary a virgin when Jesus was born? Yes or no? Who is lying?

Much love!

Of course not beyond the fact that she remained a 'young woman' in that sense of being a virgin. Otherwise, women don't have babies apart from the egg within them being fertilized -- that's how conception works. She conceived a son with Joseph, just as scripture says. She was immediately pregnant when he took her as his wife and consummated the union as was required when a man takes a wife. And then before they moved in together-- Mary goes off to visit her cousin Elizabeth, already pregnant with child and Mary and Joseph don't have marital relations until after the baby Jesus is born.

You've read the accounts, right? You just don't believe them.

If Joseph is not the father, what is the purpose of the genealogical account in Matthew? That tracing of descendants from Abraham, all the way to King David from father to son all the way to Jesus (through Joseph)... ?

I'll await your explanation. Let's discuss.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you do believe Jesus was a prodigal son... Very twisted, I was hoping you were just speaking hypothetically. If Jesus were a sinner the ramifications would be incalculable.

Here is another question: You believe that Jesus became the son of God by the Spirit but not the flesh. How then did Jesus Christ come in the flesh if flesh begets flesh and spirit begets spirit?

I'll ignore your questions as easily as you sidestep mine.

I asked if being a prodigal disqualifies a son from sonship. You have no requirement to answer, of course.

Forgive me for applying the same standard.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why did you tell Nancy otherwise?

Much love!

I'm starting to think you might be incapable of understanding. Maybe you just don't have the capacity.

I tried to point you in the right direction when I asked you about the meaning of "virgin" in Isaiah-- you skirted my question.

I DO believe Mary was a virgin and that there was nothing whatsoever improper about her pregnancy. No scandal. Nothing strange. Just the Holy Spirit's presence and blessing upon the union of Mary and Joseph, man and woman coming together in matrimony and conceiving a son, as natural as can be-- a physical father, mother, and the offspring they produce --a kind of reflection of the divine (spiritual) Father, Holy Spirit and Son. It's not weird. It's not unnatural. It's not made up.

In fact, as far as miracles go-- every child born is a miracle of this mysterious union, this natural- God ordained process that He created for this purpose-- the seeding of the woman.... from the first Adam onward each generation a descendant of the one before. The conception of John, one could argue is the greater miracle-- in that an old woman conceived versus a young woman, something that rarely happens versus something that happens every day.

Are you confused about the concept of conception? You do know where babies come from, right? Scripture doesn't mince words-- there's no nuance. Conceived in this sense means one thing only in any language. Greek, Hebrew, English.... it all points to the same thing. How babies are made.

It's SO hard to set aside your beliefs. Maybe it's TOO hard. You'll have to decide for yourself. Convince yourself. Maybe you already have. If so I can't help you. You have to help yourself. Better yet, ask God for eyes that see. Ask Him to help you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm starting to think you might be incapable of understanding. Maybe you just don't have the capacity.
Don't worry about that. I'm only asking why you chose to mislead Nancy. It's all in print.

Much love!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nancy and Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't worry about that. I'm only asking why you, oh, nevermind. It's all in print.

Much love!

Here it is in large, bold print....

Hebrew--- Almah or alma (המְלַע ’almāh) is a Hebrew word meaning young woman or, more specifically, a young woman of childbearing age. Some would add that an almah is unmarried, and others would say she is a woman who could have children but has not. Perhaps most notoriously, almah has been translated as “virgin.”

Greek--- παρθένος parthénos, par-then'-os; of unknown origin; a maiden; by implication, an unmarried daughter:—virgin.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here it is in large, bold print....

Almah or alma (המְלַע ’almāh) is a Hebrew word meaning young woman or, more specifically, a young woman of childbearing age. Some would add that an almah is unmarried, and others would say she is a woman who could have children but has not. Perhaps most notoriously, almah has been translated as “virgin.”
If you want to rehash this you should bump your old thread, but as I recall how that went, I don't know what the point would be.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you confused about the concept of conception?
Have you ever been curious how much of your posts would remain if you deleted out every ad hominem? Just wondering . . .

Much love!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever been curious how much of your posts would remain if you deleted out every ad hominem? Just wondering . . .

Much love!

Direct questions are not ad hominem. Study up.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's off topic, turning the discussion to being about the person.

Much love!

It's simply not a concern of mine. If you weren't so afraid of an actual conversation, we might have one.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says Joseph is the father.

Only a legal father not a birth father. Mary was pregnant BEFORE having relations with Joseph.

Scripture provides the genealogy confirming the fact. Scripture says Joseph took her as his wife and that she conceived a son.

Deal with it.

YOU deal with it.

Mat 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

You are twisting the bible to deny the virgin birth, which denies scripture.