The Two Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Watched this video the other night I was quite amazed. It's an in-depth look at who the two witnesses are, that is mentioned in Revelation Chapter 11.

The video is an hour and a quarter watch but it's well worth watching and I learnt some new things.

Revelation 11:3-10
And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.” These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner. These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire. When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves. And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses isn't likely one of them, since he died and his body was buried (by God). Might not be Elijah either, since Jesus showed John the Baptist came in the spirit of Elijah. Regardless, there will be two actual witnesses in Jerusalem on the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period. Reason is, because Rev.11 tells us the two witnesses are killed with their dead bodies left in the street of Jerusalem, and then just prior to the 7th trumpet they resurrect. Those are literal earthly descriptions.

The angel did break down the identity of the two witnesses. We have to pay attention, and use our memory. Per Jesus in Rev.1, the "candlesticks" that John saw in Heaven represents the "seven churches". So the "two candlesticks" represents 2 Churches.

Rev 11:4
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

KJV

Rev 1:20
20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

KJV

The "two olive trees" represent the two men that will appear in Jerusalem prophesying at the end, and are killed. The "two candlesticks" represent the 2 Churches Jesus had no problem with, which represent His elect that will also make a stand for Christ in that time, over the whole world, giving a Testimony for Him.

The "beast" that ascends out of the bottomless pit represents Satan himself, the "dragon" of Rev.13. Kingdoms do not... come out of the "bottomless pit". Satan is king and the angel over the bottomless pit.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Elijah was reincarnated into John the Baptist???

No. The 'mission' of Elijah is implied. Like 2 Kings 2:15 when Elijah's understudy Elisha took over Elijah's ministry, it was then said the "spirit of Elijah" rests upon Elisha.

But some of the Jews did believe in reincarnation, as Christ's disciples when asked who they thought He was, said some believed He was John the Baptist, or Elijah, or Jeremiah, or one of the prophets, which of course Jesus denied any such idea.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses isn't likely one of them, since he died and his body was buried (by God). Might not be Elijah either, since Jesus showed John the Baptist came in the spirit of Elijah. Regardless, there will be two actual witnesses in Jerusalem on the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period. Reason is, because Rev.11 tells us the two witnesses are killed with their dead bodies left in the street of Jerusalem, and then just prior to the 7th trumpet they resurrect. Those are literal earthly descriptions.

The angel did break down the identity of the two witnesses. We have to pay attention, and use our memory. Per Jesus in Rev.1, the "candlesticks" that John saw in Heaven represents the "seven churches". So the "two candlesticks" represents 2 Churches.

Rev 11:4
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

KJV

Rev 1:20
20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

KJV

The "two olive trees" represent the two men that will appear in Jerusalem prophesying at the end, and are killed. The "two candlesticks" represent the 2 Churches Jesus had no problem with, which represent His elect that will also make a stand for Christ in that time, over the whole world, giving a Testimony for Him.

The "beast" that ascends out of the bottomless pit represents Satan himself, the "dragon" of Rev.13. Kingdoms do not... come out of the "bottomless pit". Satan is king and the angel over the bottomless pit.

I agree that the 2 olive trees are men and will probably be Enoch & Elijah, as they are the only two that never died. However, I disagree the candlesticks are churches, we will have been raptured by them. The Lord won't leave the earth w/o a witness. The purpose of the church is to spread the gospel and the truth and reality of God so when the church is raptured the 2 witnesses will REPLACE the church as the witness to the world hence their title. When they are killed, the angel of Rev. 14:6-7 takes over. That is the world's last chance before the wrath of God takes over when the wrath of the Lamb is completed.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. The two witness are John the Baptist, and the Lord Jesus. read your bible.

So Elijah was reincarnated into John the Baptist???
did the bible say that? so why you?. no, Davy is correct on John the Baptist.... by coming in the spirit, or the character, or the characteristics of Elijah

PICJAG.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, I disagree the candlesticks are churches, we will have been raptured by them.

How can you disagree with Revelation 1:20 where Jesus defined what the 'seven candlesticks' represent, i.e., the seven Churches?

The idea of a rapture prior to the tribulation is man's idea, not written in God's Word. Jesus returns only one more time per His Word. That's why Hebrews 9 and Acts 1 says this...

Heb 9:28
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

KJV

Acts 1:11-12
11 Which also said, 'Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.'

12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
KJV

Zech 14:3-4
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle.
4 And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

KJV

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOOK, IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THE TWO WITNESS ARE FINE, the video is incorrect.

NOW if you have a specific question ask, else, believe the video.

PICJAG.

So hostile. Time to put you on ignore.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... the video is incorrect. ...

Most prophetic doctrines ARE INCORRECT, so in some respects it's expected. But what is NOT EXPECTED is that these two men are MINISTERING RIGHT NOW, and the church is BLIND.

So maybe we let the blind lead the blind, and BOTH fall into the pit?
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most prophetic doctrines ARE INCORRECT, so in some respects it's expected. But what is NOT EXPECTED is that these two men are MINISTERING RIGHT NOW, and people are BLIND.

Bobby Jo

Fortunately, you are all-knowing and here to correct our misunderstandings.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL.... good
PICJAG.

... so I used to believe the OBVIOUS -- that the two are Enoch & Elijah. REALLY OBVIOUS! But now I perceive that these two men are Trump & Pence, -- primarily because if they're killed then Pelosi becomes President and where Trump and Pence would NEVER give the Sovereignty of the U.S. to the U.N., Nancy would do it in a heartbeat. -- And believe it or not, it's possible that the mobs could overwhelm their Security just as we saw a preview after Trump's Convention. Or so I might anticipate.

Now I can't explain the hows and wherefores of Enoch/Trump and Elijah/Pence. That portion eludes me as to why those two men were originally "taken" and apparently aren't literally "returning", and whether it's "spiritual" or some other facet where we see the "TYPES" of these two prophets being manifest in our present day leaders.

I am watching to see if I'm wrong, but I expect that these things will come to pass, and the throngs will rejoice over our two leaders lying dead in the street for three and a half days until they're raised.

So it remains to be seen ...
Bobby Jo

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most prophetic doctrines ARE INCORRECT, so in some respects it's expected. But what is NOT EXPECTED is that these two men are MINISTERING RIGHT NOW, and the church is BLIND.

Bobby Jo
thanks for the reply. and for a reasonbile insight to the truth. the two men are not ministering ... now in person, but their wirness is ministering in the church, and the world today. the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the WATER BASPTISM which God instuted by John the Baptist... there it is.

Just as Mark said, Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

how do one believe?, Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him."
Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" BNINGO
Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" THE GOSPEL... of WHO? the Lord Jesus, (Witness #1).
Romans 10:16 "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?"
Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." BINGO.
Romans 10:18 "But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world."

HOW PLAIN CAN ONE GET.

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." WHY DID PETER DO THIS? answer, Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."
Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"

the witness of BAPTIZING IS IN THE EARTH TODAY. and if one don't .... obey, they are disobeying ... GOD. Luke 7:30 "But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." WHEN ONE SAY, "OH YOU DON'T NEED TO BE WATER BAPTIZE... you're REJECTING GOD, for it is his ORDINANCE, not man's. scripture, Matthew 21:23 "And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority?"
Matthew 21:24 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, I also will ask you one thing, which if ye tell me, I in like wise will tell you by what authority I do these things."
Matthew 21:25 "The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say unto us, Why did ye not then believe him?"
Matthew 21:26 "But if we shall say, Of men; we fear the people; for all hold John as a prophet."
Matthew 21:27 "And they answered Jesus, and said, We cannot tell. And he said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things."

when one refuse the authority of GOD, they doom their own-selves, just as Mark 16:16 stated, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

so again we say the TWO WITNESS are #1. (Water Baptism, FROM GOD), witness by John the Baptist, at least the video got that part correct, and messed from then on.
#2. (the Gospel, which is also FROM HEAVEN, GOD), witness by the Lord Jesus himself, who is the Gospel, see Mark 1:1. what more do we need to say, and chapter 11 of revelation gives more clues that the video ..... :rolleyes: one Just need to read the bible ..... with the Holy Ghost.

so the two witness in the WORLD today is the Gospel, (JESUS the Christ), and (Water Baptism), bt John. this is the obedience we witness to. for obediance is better than sacrifice... :cool:

the apostle made it clear, Romans 1:5 "By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:"

Romans 5:18 "Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life."
Romans 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... so I used to believe the OBVIOUS -- that the two are Enoch & Elijah. REALLY OBVIOUS! But now I perceive that these two men are Trump & Pence, -- primarily because if they're killed then Pelosi becomes President and where Trump and Pence would NEVER give the Sovereignty of the U.S. to the U.N., Nancy would do it in a heartbeat. -- And believe it or not, it's possible that the mobs could overwhelm their Security just as we saw a preview after Trump's Convention. Or so I might anticipate.

Now I can't explain the hows and wherefores of Enoch/Trump and Elijah/Pence. That portion eludes me as to why those two men were originally "taken" and apparently aren't literally "returning", and whether it's "spiritual" or some other facet where we see the "TYPES" of these two prophets being manifest in our present day leaders.

I am watching to see if I'm wrong, but I expect that these things will come to pass, and the throngs will rejoice over our two leaders lying dead in the street for three and a half days until they're raised.

So it remains to be seen ...
Bobby Jo
well keep on watching, for they are not the two witness. and neither Enoch & Elijah, nor Moses or Elijah. these all died. now where you get trump and pence from .... I'll leave that alone. then you said this, "And believe it or not, it's possible that the mobs could overwhelm their Security just as we saw a preview after Trump's Convention. Or so I might anticipate".
my answer to that is this scripture, 1 Thessalonians 5:3

PICJAG.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... they are not the two witness. and neither Enoch & Elijah ...

As proposed, these two are the most obvious to any student. But it remains to be seen whether the LITERAL, as one should reasonably expect, or some other "incarnation" as proposed in Trump & Pence.

Sometimes mysteries are not the who, but the how.
Bobby Jo

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As proposed, these two are the most obvious to any student. But it remains to be seen whether the LITERAL, as one should reasonably expect, or some other "incarnation" as proposed in Trump & Pence.

Sometimes mysteries are not the who, but the how.
Bobby Jo
thanks for the reply, but the bible is clear, remember the book of revelation is signified, and unless revealed by God's interpertation, one will not know, nor understand. so Moses, Enoch & Elijah are not the two witness, as for trump and pence, you can wait it out, for I know they're not, but you wait and see for yourself... ok.

Be blessed.

PICJAG.