The Two Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... the bible is clear, ... unless revealed by God's interpretation ...

... thus it remains to be seen. But in this context, Scripture appears to suggest that we entered the 42 month Tribulation in the Spring of 2018, so these Two Witnesses should be apparent.

Bobby Jo

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... thus it remains to be seen. But in this context, Scripture appears to suggest that we entered the 42 month Tribulation in the Spring of 2018, so these Two Witnesses should be apparent.

Bobby Jo
like I said we'll see.

be blessed in Christ Jesus

PICJAG.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you disagree with Revelation 1:20 where Jesus defined what the 'seven candlesticks' represent, i.e., the seven Churches?

The idea of a rapture prior to the tribulation is man's idea, not written in God's Word. Jesus returns only one more time per His Word. That's why Hebrews 9 and Acts 1 says this...

Heb 9:28
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

KJV

Acts 1:11-12
11 Which also said, 'Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.'

12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
KJV

Zech 14:3-4
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle.
4 And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

KJV

It's not proper exegesis to assume once a description is given it must forever and always mean the same thing. The seven candlesticks are the seven candlesticks which are not the same as the two candlesticks. I do not believe in a pre-trib rapture but scripture undeniably teaches the fact of a rapture. One can't take a few scriptures and then create an eschatology, you have to reconcile all of God's word to agree w/ your point. If other scriptures seem fail to back up your belief you must consider changing it. Acts 1:11 is a picture of the rapture and it echoes Matt. 24 however the picture given in Rev. 19 is completely different. Two unlike descriptions = a two-part unlike return. Zech. is referencing the post mill war of Rev. 20:8. The "day of battle" in vs. 3 is Armageddon. Two different battles are inferred there.

Reactions: pompadour

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Watched this video the other night I was quite amazed. It's an in-depth look at who the two witnesses are, that is mentioned in Revelation Chapter 11.

The video is an hour and a quarter watch but it's well worth watching and I learnt some new things.

Revelation 11:3-10
And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.” These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner. These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire. When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves. And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.

So if you have watched the whole video, the guy eventually goes on to explain that the two olive trees and two lampstand represents born again Jews and Gentiles, meaning that the two witnesses are born again Jews and Gentiles in the last days, providing Biblical references for both.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So if you have watched the whole video, the guy eventually goes on to explain that the two olive trees and two lampstand represents born again Jews and Gentiles, meaning that the two witnesses are born again Jews and Gentiles in the last days, providing Biblical references for both.

With the Olive trees representing a body of believers, one olive tree being the body of Jewish believers and the other being a body of Gentile believers, and the lampstands representing the shining lights to the world.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not familiar
J.R. Church (deceased some half a dozen years) had a Christian TV show called "Prophecy In The News", and viewers wrote in regarding the 19th Book of the Bible which seems to be Prophetic to the Jews for the 1900's, -- Chapter for year --, such that Book 19, Chapter 48 appears to depict the International Recognition of the State of Israel; etc., and he wrote a book based on that premise.

So according to that premise (- which suggests HOMEWORK -), do you know where the Shortest Chapter in all Scripture; where the Middle Chapter in all Scripture; the Chapter exactly 70 years after the Nation/State of Israel; the year when Trump recognized Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel; and the Longest Chapter is in all Scripture?

Psalms J.R.Church.jpg

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
With the Olive trees representing a body of believers, one olive tree being the body of Jewish believers and the other being a body of Gentile believers, and the lampstands representing the shining lights to the world.

Or perhaps the two olive trees are thw two sides of the body, the Eastern and Western Church...
Like our bodies, sharing the Blood ans united in the heart and in the head..

Peace be with you!

Reactions: Josho and historyb

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or perhaps the two olive trees are the two sides of the body, ...

Or maybe like the two finger "Peace Sign"; or maybe like a "Buy One, Get One Free" deal; or maybe like a "Husband and Wife"; or ...

... I think just ran out of GUESSES. -- Oh, like "Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum"! Whew, I'm so glad I could make that FINAL "... maybe like ...".
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Or maybe like the two finger "Peace Sign"; or maybe like a "Buy One, Get One Free" deal; or maybe like a "Husband and Wife"; or ...

... I think just ran out of GUESSES. -- Oh, like "Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum"! Whew, I'm so glad I could make that FINAL "... maybe like ...".
Bobby Jo

So you have managed to interpret all of the book of Revelation?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Or perhaps the two olive trees are thw two sides of the body, the Eastern and Western Church...
Like our bodies, sharing the Blood ans united in the heart and in the head..

Peace be with you!

Hmm no matter what your belief is about the two witnesses, two olive trees or two lampstands, we all can agree as Christians that they are both united in the Lord.

I really didn't think much of the two witnesses in Revelation before watching that video, it was something I honestly didn't know much about, so I thought it was pretty interesting, learnt some new things and the guy who did the research on it had me convinced that it was a body of believers.

Reactions: Philip James

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you have managed to interpret all of the book of Revelation?
What do you want to know? I'm pretty good with some of the trumpets & bowls, but my expertise is 13 & 17. And as previously posted, I have an expectation regarding the Two Witnesses.

Or were you looking more for flat out GUESSES?
Bobby Jo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Watched this video the other night I was quite amazed. It's an in-depth look at who the two witnesses are, that is mentioned in Revelation Chapter 11.

The video is an hour and a quarter watch but it's well worth watching and I learnt some new things.

Revelation 11:3-10
And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.” These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner. These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire. When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves. And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.

dunno why, but i am persuaded that they are not actual persons for some reason
Hmm no matter what your belief is about the two witnesses, two olive trees or two lampstands, we all can agree as Christians that they are both united in the Lord.

I really didn't think much of the two witnesses in Revelation before watching that video, it was something I honestly didn't know much about, so I thought it was pretty interesting, learnt some new things and the guy who did the research on it had me convinced that it was a body of believers.
ah, that might be closer to the truth, yeh

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not proper exegesis to assume once a description is given it must forever and always mean the same thing. The seven candlesticks are the seven candlesticks which are not the same as the two candlesticks. I do not believe in a pre-trib rapture but scripture undeniably teaches the fact of a rapture. One can't take a few scriptures and then create an eschatology, you have to reconcile all of God's word to agree w/ your point. If other scriptures seem fail to back up your belief you must consider changing it. Acts 1:11 is a picture of the rapture and it echoes Matt. 24 however the picture given in Rev. 19 is completely different. Two unlike descriptions = a two-part unlike return. Zech. is referencing the post mill war of Rev. 20:8. The "day of battle" in vs. 3 is Armageddon. Two different battles are inferred there.

I hear that, "not proper exegesis" phrase used and abused all the time, particularly by those who can't show Bible Scripture backup for their un-Biblical theories.

Jesus showed the seven candlesticks represent the seven Churches at the end of Revelation 1. No reason, nor excuse to doubt Him.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malachi : 4-5
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

There is only one "Day of the Lord". Elijah will be here just before that time. one of the two witnesses.
Pomp.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOOK, IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THE TWO WITNESS ARE FINE, the video is incorrect.

NOW if you have a specific question ask, else, believe the video.

PICJAG.
Yep! The Bible is the authority over any video.

Reactions: 101G

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malachi : 4-5
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

There is only one "Day of the Lord". Elijah will be here just before that time. one of the two witnesses.
Pomp.
Where will Elijah be coming from,
The grave or heaven?
Since Elijah ceased to be on earth, before Jesus first appeared on earth from heaven, Jesus said that Elijah wasn't yet in heaven.
John 3[13] And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Do you now understand why one of the two witnesses will not literally be Elijah?

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earburner:
2 Kings : 2-11.
11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

The text of the Book of Genesis says Enoch lived 365 years before he was taken by God. The text reads that Enoch "walked with God: and he was no more; for God took him" (Gen 5:21–24), which is interpreted as Enoch's entering Heaven alive in some Jewish and Christian traditions.

Pomp.

Last edited: