The Two Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I'm thinking Jereusalem is literal ...

Rev. 11:8 and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which is allegorically called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified.

If their location were Jerusalem, John would not have gone to the lengths to "clarify" that it's NOT LITERALLY Jerusalem!

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a rainy day here. I'm thinking Jereusalem is literal because their dead bodies are witnessed by some from every people, tribe, language and nation. And the inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them. If it were a spiritual city they who are in the world would not see their dead bodies.
It's almost on the verge of snowing here lol
I haven't been outside but it sure looks grey enough to.
And the heater been on all night, so I think swimming at the lake isn't such a good idea :)
Your probably right.
I just think we live in a dual existence. And the book of Revelation is a vision John .. (hello again John)
was given while he was in the spirit, on the Lord's day.
What day is that?
sshh.
okay
So I think you have to kind of look at it from a spirit kind of view seeing John was in the spirit and God is spirit,
and Jesus said if he told us about earthy things and we couldn't understand, how would we ever understand sprirtual things.
And I think he was right. It's hard sometimes looking through these spectacles.
If you don't have the right prescription they sure can give you one louzy migraine.

So it could be that John was seeing a literal kingdom. But then it begs the question, is all of Revelation literal?
That my friend is one scary question.
But with the technology we got today, I wouldn't put it passed NASA or some other entity
to put a dragon in the sky with a woman riding it.
Some how Project Blue Beam comes to mind, but thats a whole other story.

I'm not sure.. maybe we both are right?
HUGS
and THANK YOU!
:)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Rev. 11:8 and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which is allegorically called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified.

If their location were Jerusalem, John would not have gone to the lengths to "clarify" that it's NOT Jerusalem!

Bobby Jo

If he said it is alagoricly called Jerusalem you may be right, but that is not what is written.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They walk the earth for 42 months (3 1/2 years), but lie dead in the streets while the masses party for 3 1/2 days. :)

Re: waters to blood
Are you familiar with the phrase: there's blood in the water?

Bobby Jo

There's blood in the water?
Not off hand.
Depends on if your looking at it from a woman's perspective..
but no, I don't know if I have.
What does it mean?

Thank you
HUGS

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he said it is alagoricly called Jerusalem you may be right, but that is not what is written.
That's the question, -- if it were Jerusalem, John would have simply said Jerusalem.

Consider where Daniel wrote "seven" and also "sixty-two", which the majority of "translators" interpret as though it were "sixty-nine". But Newton observed that it does "VIOLENCE" to Scripture to presume a numbering without precedent either in Scripture or in any Society.

And equally consider the word "sevens" where Daniel used the UNUSUAL Inconcise Masculine gender text, versus the USUAL Concise Feminine gender text, but the commentators "interpret" the durations as seventy SEVENS, as though Daniel had used the Concise Feminine gender; and thus present the duration as 490 years which is FALSE. -- Thus the RSV and a few others get it right:

Dan. 9:25 ... to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. 26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off, and shall have nothing

And so Scripture is "obtuse" for reason, -- because the conveyance is not CLEAR CUT! Something more involved is occuring.

Bobby Jo :)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's blood in the water?

Ummmmmmm, I can't answer your question for another week due to "CURRENT Forum Restrictions". But there is a well recognized convention which is employed by practical history!

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
I don't believe so, because Rev 11:8 states, "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified".

our Lord crucifixion, I don't believe is a state of mind.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
I don't believe it was either, but then I don't see too many people wearing crosses on their backs.
And we say we're christians and we take up our cross and follow him.
Do we all die on the hill of (you better get it right this time) of Calvary figurately or literally?
I'm just saying I think there's more peels to this onion than some think.
And while I can agree that it could be literal, are you willing to agree it could be spiritual too?

Can we reach a compromise!!!
Just kidding
The shouting that is,
I was hoping for a middle ground.
Thank you
HUGS

Reactions: 101G

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmmm, I can't answer your question for another week due to "CURRENT Forum Restrictions". But there is a well recognized convention which is employed by practical history!

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo
I'm patient :)

Reactions: Bobby Jo