The Tyranny of Politeness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.) "hate speech"

= ""abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice on the basis of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or similar grounds.""
The correct definition is: "Abusive or threatening public speech that expresses hate or advocated discrimination or encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation."

Once they really get that up and running they will classify the Bible as "hate speech" and ban it.
The bible isn't speech. Only people produce speech.
While that is going, "they"... will be closing Churches based on "hate" speech", because the Church refuses to "marry" 2 Homosexuals in the Church or allow a Homosexual in the Pulpit.
Ah that lie again. Don't you get tired of telling the same false witness over and over again?
Shouldn't be too much longer now.
If you don't want to be accused of using speech, don't speak with hate.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I grew up I got an education through TV. I was a devotee of the 1950's Superman. The opening crawl said, "Fighting for TRUTH, justice and the American Way." It was unapologetic reflection of why Superman was created, as propaganda for American society in the 2nd world war.
Superman predates WWII

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The correct definition is: "Abusive or threatening public speech that expresses hate or advocated discrimination or encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation."

Depends on the source material.

also,

the bible is the word of God.

You are not required to believe this is speech.
np.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask teachers in Florida about the revocation of freedom of speech....(they might not be allowed to answer you.
You are falsely equating a citizen being required to speak per approved political correctness with a teacher prohibited from "teaching" Cultural Marxist propaganda.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends on the source material.

also,

the bible is the word of God.

You are not required to believe this is speech.
np.
it bible isn't hate speech unless someone uses it to promote hate, discrimination and/or violence then that person is using hate speech.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are falsely equating a citizen being required to speak per approved political correctness with a teacher prohibited from "teaching" Cultural Marxist propaganda.
and all because some people are so wrapped up in their own hate that they can't call someone what they want to be called.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and all because some people are so wrapped up in their own hate that they can't call someone what they want to be called.
I’ll use that with my bank as I identify as a trilionaire.

You hate truth. Stop validating mental illness.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll use that with my bank as I identify as a trilionaire.
You are going to change your name to Trillionaire?
You hate truth. Stop validating mental illness.
the Truth is that trans is not a mental illness. I get how you might want it to be, falsely saying someone is sick probably helps you justify your personal prejudices. But no matter how you twist things trans does not meet the bases definition of mental illness.
Transphobia however just might qualify as a mental illness though.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Truth is that trans is not a mental illness.
Sure Trans is a mental illness. The have an identity disorder and "feel" they are the opposite of their actual sex AS IF emotions dictate reality.

Beyond that, Cultural Marxism is leveraging this mental illness to impose a tyranny of politeness, demanding people identify their "preferred pronouns" or get fired. The tyranny is against truth and freedom (of speech). It is amazing that the madness has gone so far it is considered impolite to call people by their actual sexual identity - contrary to their "preference."

I notice you just ignored the point about my bank not acknowledging my "right" to be identified as a trillionaire. Why is self-identify OK when it comes to sex but not wealth?

Did you even watch the video in the OP? The tyranny has extended to brutalizing actual women who fought for decades for equality of actual men with actual women. A comedian asked a great question, IF gender is a social construct or determined by ones feelings, why is surgery necessary?

Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure Trans is a mental illness. The have an identity disorder and "feel" they are the opposite of their actual sex AS IF emotions dictate reality.

Beyond that, Cultural Marxism is leveraging this mental illness to impose a tyranny of politeness, demanding people identify their "preferred pronouns" or get fired. The tyranny is against truth and freedom (of speech). It is amazing that the madness has gone so far it is considered impolite to call people by their actual sexual identity - contrary to their "preference."

I notice you just ignored the point about my bank not acknowledging my "right" to be identified as a trillionaire. Why is self-identify OK when it comes to sex but not wealth?

Did you even watch the video in the OP? The tyranny has extended to brutalizing actual women who fought for decades for equality of actual men with actual women. A comedian asked a great question, IF gender is a social construct or determined by ones feelings, why is surgery necessary?
Here's another you might like.

Dave Chappelle.jpg

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately for many, they are employed by "woke" corporations that force them to goose-step to their doctrines on calling people by their preferred pronoun and accepting that men can become women, etc.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is a massive pathway for Satan, to use the infantalizing of young people as a reason you cannot speak the truth. IF you speak the truth, it will violate what is being called the Tyranny of Politeness. The truth seems rude or offensive and those indoctrinated as being infantlized was visually seen during the 2016 election at college campuses.

It seemed almost impossible that these adult infants, choose a cloth diaper pin to signify they were advocates of a "safe space." Now, there is growing pressure to announce what your "preferred" pronouns are, neo-etiquette demands you submit to expressing your "preferred" pronouns in the name of politeness. The tyranny is if you don't go along with the lie of gender trumps sex, then you might get fired.

So, the question is: how do you handle this growing tyranny of politeness?
I thought this link was a meaningful well thought through discourse.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Identity disorder isn't actually a thing.

Some people "feel" that they talk to God but there is no objective evidence that they are. Does that make those that do mentally ill?

Yet you protest when you are identified in terms of your actual prejudice and views. You deny the label and protest loudly.
deciu
I didn't ignore it, I asked if you actually wanted to change your name. Your non-response indicates you don't really identify yourself as "trillionaire"
Surgery isn't necessary and wasn't ever an option until very recently.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dissociative identity disorder is the current name form multiple personalities.

Educate yourself
You are determined to remain ignorant. Yes, the term MAY apply to multiple personalities but not only. From What Are Dissociative Disorders?

Symptoms of dissociative identity disorder (criteria for diagnosis) include:

The existence of two or more distinct identities (or “personality states”). The distinct identities are accompanied by changes in behavior, memory and thinking. The signs and symptoms may be observed by others or reported by the individual.
Ongoing gaps in memory about everyday events, personal information and/or past traumatic events.
The symptoms cause significant distress or problems in social, occupational or other areas of functioning.
In addition, the disturbance must not be a normal part of a broadly accepted cultural or religious practice. As noted in the DSM-5-TR1, in many cultures around the world, experiences of being possessed are a normal part of spiritual practice and are not dissociative disorders.

The attitude and personal preferences (for example, about food, activities, clothes) of a person with dissociative identity disorder may suddenly shift and then shift back. The shift in identities happen involuntarily, are unwanted and cause distress. People with dissociative identity disorder may feel that they have suddenly become observers of their own speech and actions, or their bodies may feel different (e.g., like a small child, like the opposite gender, huge and muscular).

Did you catch that last part? People with identity disorder feel their bodies may be different - like the opposite sex.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are determined to remain ignorant. Yes, the term MAY apply to multiple personalities but not only. From What Are Dissociative Disorders?

Symptoms of dissociative identity disorder (criteria for diagnosis) include:

The existence of two or more distinct identities (or “personality states”). The distinct identities are accompanied by changes in behavior, memory and thinking. The signs and symptoms may be observed by others or reported by the individual.
Ongoing gaps in memory about everyday events, personal information and/or past traumatic events.
The symptoms cause significant distress or problems in social, occupational or other areas of functioning.
In addition, the disturbance must not be a normal part of a broadly accepted cultural or religious practice. As noted in the DSM-5-TR1, in many cultures around the world, experiences of being possessed are a normal part of spiritual practice and are not dissociative disorders.

The attitude and personal preferences (for example, about food, activities, clothes) of a person with dissociative identity disorder may suddenly shift and then shift back. The shift in identities happen involuntarily, are unwanted and cause distress. People with dissociative identity disorder may feel that they have suddenly become observers of their own speech and actions, or their bodies may feel different (e.g., like a small child, like the opposite gender, huge and muscular).

Did you catch that last part? People with identity disorder feel their bodies may be different - like the opposite sex.
And are transgender individuals dissociative? No. Research shows that transgender individuals are no more likely to have dissociative gender disorder than the general population.