The UK, The Modern Day Sodom!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The USA owes it's founding to English Puritans? That statement is very common and something that is false. These "English Puritans" were traitors to England and would have been put to death for crimes against England probably. They would have been denied English citizen rights, so your claim is probably mute.

They formed a new government and country and disassociated with England. Which is evident from the war that ensued. And it's also true that the English government finally came around to a more democratic form of government which allowed the USA and England to embrace a new friendship.

Partner the Puritans did not form anything but a colony. They came here to practice their religion with out persecutions but they were not tolerant of other Protestant religions. It took a long while for the 13 colonies to establish religious freedoms and then of course the U.S. Constitution put it writing.

Reactions: dev553344

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you make that kind of assumption, please explain further so that I know exactly what you are saying.

Because you said....Of course I received the right message
So why would I assume that you believe in false beliefs?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is no Bible evidence suggesting that Mary did not die, or can be seen in heaven!

You are limited with knowing the first 65 years of Christian history and then there is 2000 years of a very active God that Protestants pretty much ignore.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very difficult course to traverse, my brother in law is a practicing homosexual. Like my wife, he was raised in a Christian home. His lifestyle has devastated the family, yet we love him and want to see him come to Christ. Again, we love him, but cannot condone his lifestyle. This is a very delicate balancing act. I don’t believe you can hate or shun anyone into a relationship with Jesus, that would only drive them further away; in my opinion. Very difficult

Some times "we" and churches get carried away. "Condemn the sin, not the sinner" There is a big difference in associating with or tolerating the LGBTQ communities and actually sharing the Gospel with them. The church is not going to condone or tolerate gay behavior in the church, but that does not mean that they can not bring it all to Christ. Family members are in a unique scenario, on one hand rejecting them is not the correct course of action. But then the family cannot be naïve to the possible dangers. Homosexualality is no fun to practice by themselves...they want to include other people. It may sound harsh, but you have to keep an eye on them. Still doing that balancing act...sharing the Gospel and an invitation to church is still the Christian thing to do. Give them an opportunity to bring it before Christ and let the person and Christ settle it.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you got that wrong! It is the USA that is the cause of the filth that we have on our TV's and Movies, and most of the Bible cults have stared in the USA. The big word of faith movement is from the USA, as are the TeleEvangelists, with their FALSE teachings. Pentecostalism and Charismatics are also from the USA. The USA qualifies for both Sodom and Gomorrah!

Why throw Pentecostals and Charismatics in? Not all are in the same basket... And the original Charismatics were long before USA was known as the USA, even though the title "Charismatic" probably was not around. In fact a lot of the historical Catholic Saints would now be considered Charismatic Christians.

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 Signs Your Country Is Becoming Like Sodom or Gomorrah

Compromising with Sin
Declining Morality
Corrupt Leadership
What’s Good is Evil
Sexual Immorality
No Fear of God

Our society today puts up with so much more violence, filthy language, and nudity, that if our great grandparents or grandparents could see it, they’d probably throw up. It would make them sick to their stomach. Today, many nations compromise with sin, this causes morality to slide downward, and this corruption enters the business and political sphere, until everyone things evil is okay and what is good is now evil. These are clear signs that a nation is headed toward the same fate as Sodom and Gomorrah. Remember, these nations were wiped from off the face of the earth…forever.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Jewish source(s) Sodom was not so much bad for their sexual orientation but because they were "lies/lying, they were arrogant, pride, haughty, unconcerned, didn’t care about the poor/needy".
This is true, but the book of Jude further defines their sins, in correlation with the sins of the fallen angels

Jude 1:6-7 (KJV)
6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Reactions: Curtis

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you got that wrong! It is the USA that is the cause of the filth that we have on our TV's and Movies, and most of the Bible cults have stared in the USA. The big word of faith movement is from the USA, as are the TeleEvangelists, with their FALSE teachings. Pentecostalism and Charismatics are also from the USA. The USA qualifies for both Sodom and Gomorrah!

For those who claim miracles, and spiritual gifts have ended, be aware that the Bible warns to stay away from last days churches that have a form of godliness, but deny the POWER (Dunamis) thereof.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'And we know that we are of God,
and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
And we know that the Son of God is come,
and hath given us an understanding,
that we may know Him that is true,
and we are in Him that is true,
even in His Son Jesus Christ.
This is the true God, and eternal life.'

(1Jhn 5:19-20)

Last edited:
Reactions: ByGraceThroughFaith

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Love not the world,
neither the things that are in the world.
If any man love the world,
the love of the Father is not in Him.
.. For all that is in the world,
.... the lust of the flesh, and
...... the lust of the eyes, and
........ the pride of life,
.......... is not of the Father,
............ but is of the world.

And the world passeth away,
and the lust thereof:
but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.'

(1Jn 2:15-17)

Reactions: ByGraceThroughFaith

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
Be not deceived:
.. neither fornicators,
.... nor idolaters,
...... nor adulterers,
........ nor effeminate,
.......... nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
............ nor thieves,
.............. nor covetous,
................ nor drunkards,
.................. nor revilers,
.................... nor extortioners,
...................... shall inherit the kingdom of God.'

And such were some of you:
.. but ye are washed,
.... but ye are sanctified,
...... but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus,
........ and by the Spirit of our God.

All things are lawful unto me,
.. but all things are not expedient: (ie., because improper or immoral)
.... all things are lawful for me,
...... but I will not be brought under the power of any.
........ Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats:

.......... but God shall destroy both it and them.
Now the body is not for fornication,
.. but for the Lord;
and the Lord for the body.
.... And God hath both raised up the Lord,
...... and will also raise up us by His Own power.

Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ?
.. shall I then take the members of Christ,
.... and make them the members of an harlot?
God forbid.
What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body?
.. for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
.... But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
...... Flee fornication.
........ Every sin that a man doeth is without the body;
.......... but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
What?
know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you,
.. which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
.... For ye are bought with a price:
...... therefore glorify God in your body,
........ and in your spirit,
.......... which are God's.'

(1Cor. 6:9-20)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know a sister that would fully agree with the fact that the UK is a modern day Sodom . And me here in america
would say so is america , and lambs in canada would say so is canada . ITS THE WORLD now .
And this is why the next judgment wont be on just the uk , or any one nation , BUT rather upon the whole world .
As we see even now a world wide judgment o delusion . My advice to all ,
ENTER YE INTO THE ARK OF CHRIST , GET YOU up and out of this system and have no part or lott in this PC world or Churches .
FOR GOD shall destroy this place . I know they mocked lott as well for warning of the coming judgment .
BUT STILL IT CAME . SO TOO shall it in this generation . March on in the glorious Lord and let us hold fast
the biblical truth we have learned IN CHRIST .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The UK is hopeless. Same with Canada.
So is this world my friend . For the light that was and should have been in the light is fast failing the world
for she has shown God the spine and ran greedily after ear ticklers and compromisers .
BUT GOD KNOWS those who are HIS , and let all who name the name of JESUS depart from inquity
have have naught to do with the all inclusive social Politically correct gospel . For though I , or an angel
preach any other gospel unto you than the orginal gospel , LET them be accursed .
God will never support sin . And CHRIST sets His own free from sin . A whole new nature

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The light i speak of, in the above said statement , is not the LIGHT of CHRIST
but rather the darkness of one who can appear as an angel of light . Let no lamb walk in the light which be darkness .
For if the light which is in one be darkness , WOE WAIL the DAY , how great the darkness IS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime