The ultimate 'freeze-tag moment is approaching....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ultimate ‘freeze tag’ moment is approaching….

“He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he that is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still.” “And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every man according as his work shall be.”

Revelation 22:11-12

One day soon, we will all be frozen. Global warming in reverse? No. I am talking about our spiritual progress, or in some cases… regress. And when that moment arrives, the place we land when the clock strikes midnight, the state of our spiritual progress will freeze into position, and this is who we are, what we have accomplished in the time we have been blessed with. This will be our own personal 'measurement' of "with your investment, I have gained _______. This is who we will be as we enter into our destiny with God, our first face to face! The Great White Throne of Judgment.

For some, that sound terrifying, for others, they can't wait. No matter where you fall, on that day, there will be no more opportunities. No more progress. Of course that also insures no more regress. Thank God, lol! If you are holy, you lock in. You never go backwards. It is just not possible. A decent Christian. Well done. Enter thou in to the joy of the Lord.

Loving evil, or at least not resisting it? Locked in as well. And that, for some, will be a big ouch. This is how you too will appear when you stand before God. You cannot repent. You cannot improve. You too will be unchangeable, stuck that way until your turn to walk in front of the God who sent His Son… His only beloved son, to die for you. Are your palms sweating yet? Serious stuff, this is.

How many there will be who cry out “I plead the blood, Father”, and as they see their sins resolved, they also realize that Jesus Himself is there, knowing full well how intently they sought after Him and His will for your life. Will it be our moment of rejoicing as we throw our crown at His feet? Or will it be a day of sadness, shame, regret and a tad more than a little fear as we look back into the eyes that see through our every defense, to the heart of who we are. what our treasure really is. Truth. No shadows. Light. Not one thing hidden that He cannot see.

Saved? Yes, perhaps. But at best with an unshakeable eternal regret for what could have been. Don’t let anyone fool you. Rewards in Heaven vary just as they do here on earth. And they are awarded to us “according to our faith”. And we will have an eternity in Heaven to reap our reward, whether it be big or small.

Don’t kid yourself in any way. Even as Christians, we will reap what we sow. Those that sow much, well, they will harvest much. It is the natural order of things, isn’t it? I have heard people say “All I want to do is to get in”, never understanding the eternal consequences of our actions, or lack of them.

If you happen to be one of those ‘skin-of-the-teeth’ guys, I love you to death….. BUT…. but in order to be faithful to my call, in that love, I must warn you. You know the shakings God tells us are coming…. the ones whose job it is to shake all the ‘not Jesus’ that is in us, out of us, lol? Well, those shakings are coming. Some we have already witnessed, and continue to do so, but more are coming, and sooner rather than later. God’s word to all of us ? Move away from the edge.

So, if I may humbly ask you, how goes it you? Are you finding yourself floating above the storms that we are all having to deal with… called life? . Or is there a spiritual blandness, and more sadly, a resigned contentment to living your life out as somewhat of a mixed bag. “After all, no one is perfect, right?”

For some, one or two ‘Achilles heel’ sins, you know, the ones you can’t seem to conquer, or in more than a few cases, ones you do not want to give up.

For others, perhaps no outward sin is your master, just an inner heart that is pretty darned content with things just as they are with God. “He doesn’t intrude too much. Let’s me do my thing. And after all, even if I do slip up on occasion…. ‘cause after all, no one is perfect, right? …… You will be locked into that mindset. … where you haven’t yielded to sin but you have left your first love. Here , the heart has set its affection on other things, things of this life. Oh, if we could but see the immense importance of our gaze and what we are actually longing after.

I am not trying to scare anyone. If you have professed faith in the blood of Jesus to save you from your sins and your faith is still alive and intact, praise God. Heaven is your eternal reward.

But if you give place to satan, and sow to the flesh and not the spirit, be warned. Can a man take fire to his bosom and not be burned? God will let each one of us find our own answer to that question. But I know this much. According to our faith be it unto us.

Remember the parable of the sower? God told us there would be those… seeds….. good seeds…… that fell among weeds….. cares of THIS life, and the weeds were never addressed and as a result they grew ever larger and larger, choking the life out of the plant. Do you ever wonder exactly what God meant by that one? Yeah, me too.

Every sign is glaringly warning us that we are coming to the end of the world as we know. The next 20 years, should the Lord tarry, are going to bring about changes so dramatic that if we could see them for even a moment, we would flee to Jesus, surrendering fully in all things, willingly offering our ear to be pierced on the door as official bond-servants/ fully awakened prodigal sons, walking in the joy of the Lord with His presence both sure and unshakeable.

These shakings will increase, but at some point, like a giant roulette wheel ball, our life will find its resting place, its eternal slot, with no more movement possible. I beg you understand. This is not a call to “do better”. That is the whole point. We can’t. But we can absolutely control where we set our gaze, what we set our eyes upon as our particular treasure.

The time is now to seek the face of our savior, to eschew all evil, to cry out to be freed from the ones ‘un-eschewable’ (or is it “unshoo-able”?)☺️ God is about to amaze us. I pray each one has eyes to truly see …. no, to BE….part of the church that WILL walk as overcomers, in victory over the world and its never -ceasing pull, the flesh that we walk in and are called to rule over, and ultimately, the ‘buck stops here’ root -of-all-evil enemy of our souls himself…. Satan… the one bent on our destruction. Full victory? Is such a thing possible? Yes. Full, wonderful, completely real overcoming of all that he throws at us. Unshakeable. Immoveable. Complete and total victory.

Too good to be true? Far from it. We are about to be awakened. Every true child of God. Remember that “restore what the cankerworm has eaten” stuff in Joel? God meant that. And He was talking to US. Glory. And guess what? God is the one that does the changing! We just have to want it. Faith is what moves God, and faith comes if the direction of the heart’s gaze is Jesus Himself.

The life God has for you is not based in any way upon your strength, you commitment, your resolve. In truth, in the rear view mirror, you will most likely end up viewing them as hindrances, as things that blocked our path, our progress in walking with Christ, growing up into Him in all things, abiding in the vine.

I pray we see how truly impotent a man is to truly change himself, and yet at the same time, how absolutely certain it is that our call is to walk in holiness and righteousness, to know how to possess our vessel in sanctification and honor, to bring every thought into the obedience of Christ. This is not optional. That mindset is about to have a ‘come-to-Jesus’ just you and Him moment.

That grace that causes our heart to fear? That is grace, you know. And thatsame grace will blow up that fear and replace it with unadulterated joy and the full assurance that real faith gives.. ‘I will never leave you or forsake you’ is about to take on a whole new meaning for multitudes of believers. Woo-hoo!

My dear brothers and sisters, I pray you feel the pull of the spirit as to the importance of what is being shared here. I am nothing. This ‘message’…. this call…. is not mine. I am just one of many. Some are here in this very forum. Multitudes are hearing this same message. And what message is that? Now is the time to set your affections fully on the kingdom of God…… and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

And to those weak ones who feel it is hopeless and that they have crossed the line, and that they can never measure up, never defeat their personal demons, never ever get it all together, like all those other people in church (who often are feeling the very same way.) May I encourage you greatly? Do you not remember that it is when we come to the point of having no strength…. And KNOW it..,.lol, that we amazingly come to see our feet planted on the highway of holiness, simply by wanting it, making it our treasure.

Such a life is not a pipe dream nor pie in the sky. It is real and you are invited to partake. How sure it is to all who cannot live without it….. abiding in Christ, with us no longer living and with Christ actually living through us. God calls it the NEW MAN….. and many are about to put them on. Yes, we all have the armor, but in my own experience in battling satan, I have found that armor always seems to work best when we put it on.

Blessings,

Gideon

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he that is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still.” “And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every man according as his work shall be.”

Revelation 22:11-12

Yes, I agree. But I also believe that upon our death, Revelation 22:11 can also mean, we are who we are. Some believe we will "always sin" while in these bodies of flesh. And THEN when we die our nature suddenly becomes holy. No, because "then comes the judgment" would not make sense.

Jesus has given us His Holy Spirit to indwell us for the sole purpose of taking sin out of our nature. 1 John 3:5; 1 John 3:9. 2 Peter 1:2-4. Unfortunately many never consistently abide in Christ believing only in head knowledge, and never grow. 2 Peter 1:5-9.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

... A decent Christian. Well done. Enter thou in to the joy of the Lord.

...Don’t kid yourself in any way. Even as Christians, we will reap what we sow. Those that sow much, well, they will harvest much. It is the natural order of things, isn’t it? I have heard people say “All I want to do is to get in”, never understanding the eternal consequences of our actions, or lack of them.

...If you happen to be one of those ‘skin-of-the-teeth’ guys, I love you to death….. BUT…. but in order to be faithful to my call, in that love, I must warn you. You know the shakings God tells us are coming…. the ones whose job it is to shake all the ‘not Jesus’ that is in us, out of us, lol? Well, those shakings are coming. Some we have already witnessed, and continue to do so, but more are coming, and sooner rather than later. God’s word to all of us ? Move away from the edge.

...Full victory? Is such a thing possible? Yes. Full, wonderful, completely real overcoming of all that he throws at us. Unshakeable. Immoveable. Complete and total victory.

... Now is the time to set your affections fully on the kingdom of God…… and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

... Yes, we all have the armor, but in my own experience in battling satan, I have found that armor always seems to work best when we put it on.

Blessings,

Gideon
And so it is to be?

Job 19:20 My bone cleaveth to my skin and to my flesh, and I am escaped with the skin of my teeth.

Escaped by doing what? What is the minimum required by God? Is it not the impossible for someone without the Holy Spirit or for someone with the Holy Spirit who regularly and continuously quenches the Holy Spirit?

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1

If we don't do that "reasonable service" we won't even be acceptable to Him. Any one wanting to ride the fence so as to get their carnal desires in this world along with the reward of world to follow should consider what this verse means:

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Rev 3:15-16

As the OP indicates there are differences in rewards, but even the very lowest man on the totem pole must be acceptable to God, no...?

...But if you give place to satan, and sow to the flesh and not the spirit, be warned. Can a man take fire to his bosom and not be burned? God will let each one of us find our own answer to that question. But I know this much. According to our faith be it unto us.

Reactions: Heart2Soul