The Unholy Movie quote

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, but it was WAY too hard for me to watch. (The Passion.)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As it is, he's more of a cautionary tale.
I would have liked to see more of the resurrection, but the focus of the movie was on his suffering, maybe because it was Catholic-based.
Of course, the Passion is a hard movie to watch, but then, it should be.
I haven't watched it and probably never will. But in 2006 while in prayer, the Lord gave me a vision of the crucifixion wherein I saw the hideousness of all that was laid upon Him .... the sins of the whole world ... it was more than anything Hollywood could portray .... and His visage so marred you couldn't see His face ... what He suffered for us is beyond comprehension...

Reactions: Pearl and Renniks

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it's okay! They're not real anyways. Even the ones that are supposedly based upon a true story have had a lot of help from Hollywood to dramatize and change things up a bit. This isn't a horror movie, but have you ever seen Bruce Almighty? I know a lot of Christians think that that movie is blasphemous, but I just think it teaches us all what a tough job God has in a really funny way. I just finished watching it again last night. :D

Yes I loved Brice Almighty!

Reactions: April_Rose

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a very different view of the movie. It may have been one of the most effective evangelistic tools of all time, IMO. Now, as for Mel, again, IMO, he was attacked for making the movie, not just by Hollywood, but by Satan himself. Mel's big fall came not long after. I have often wondered if the man had had Christians praying for him and helping him in his spiritual walk throughout his life and not just in the making of the movie, he could have gone on to greater things in God's kingdom. As it is, he's more of a cautionary tale.
I would have liked to see more of the resurrection, but the focus of the movie was on his suffering, maybe because it was Catholic-based.
Of course, the Passion is a hard movie to watch, but then, it should be.

I read somewhere that he is working on a sequel that focuses o the resurrection! I though the passion was a very good movie, even before I was a Christian.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis, when @Jostler recommended it to me, I let it go in one ear and out the other for over a month. Just the thoughts of watching a Bible movie ... knowing what all the others were like ... didn't appeal to me at all. But once I finally watched them, I was amazed. They're wonderful... well acted, and very thought provoking. :)

This is short... under 20 minutes of a few scenes taken from season one.
Still waiting for this to come on Netflix! The bulk of "Christian" movies out there are so hollywood they make me want to scream stuff like "why didn't you say this or that!!" And just erroneous additional or omitted importance. Ahhh! Can't wait to see this!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting... I have no desire whatsoever to watch the movie. The ads have come on when I'm trying to watch a youtube video and I always skip them. I sense intense evil in it! But I also think that maybe the writer has some knowledge about some things within the catholic religion that aren't what they seem....

And you are the first one (besides myself) I've seen on a Christian forum bring up the vatican/jesuit origins of islam. :)

Well? Thank you! I've suspected for quite some time the "goings on" concerning the vatican in general as well as the "goings on" from that "particular" geographical area. Ya get bits and pieces yanno?

Kinda goes to show (or should) ya, that "love may not COVER as much sin as one may like, or wish it would cover." Eh? :eek:

Also? I have no desire to see that movie either!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Nancy

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Be careful who you pray to."
Ok, so if you go watch the trailer, the basic premise is that a girl is doing miracles supposedly by the power of The Virgin Mary, but actually it's Satan. I actually agree with the line above, as a protestant. Praying to Mary is wrong. Can Satan use prayers to those other than God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit to manipulate us into believing he is someone good? I say yes. Because he is called an angel of light, not because he has light in him, but because he can appear that way. I can see why Catholics might not like the film, though and I'm not advocating seeing it, as I'm sure it's quite scary. But blasphemous? That I'm not sure about. Comments?
I would say yes.

I think 2 Thessalonians 2 explains this pretty clearly, and it might not be about that in the context but if you look at 9-12, I think it clearly explains the character given the underlined portions that explains what is happening.

"The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness."

I told an Orthodox priest that if he could provide me with one scripture in the Bible telling us to pray to Mary and the other saints, and show me the evidence where Jesus was simply not enough, that I would get down on my knees and pray to the saints at that very moment and repent.

He gave me one from Revelation and I corrected it with the context. He asked not to speak about it anymore after that and seemed spiritually injured.

After the Bible was translated into German, the people began to finally had the chance to read the Bible for themselves, much at the dismay of the Catholic Church. Part of what evolved from that were the anabaptists, like myself, hence why they were killed for their rebellion. The pope is not Christ. Seems others stayed in obedience to the Catholic Church and are forbidden to think for themselves.

Watching a Christian movie that exposes evil or shows the violence that Christ endured on our behalf is different from watching a horror movie.

Have you ever watched this movie?

I saw that you posted this last night while I was lurking around and sat down sewing and watched the whole thing. I chuckled a little at the acting and was confused at first about the "aliens", but stuck with it. Overall a good message and got my straps done!

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Renniks

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sort of might want to see it. *Dodges tomatoes* I wasn't going to start a topic about it but I really like horror films. :) I'm curious as to what @JohnDB has to say about this since he's a rather laid back Christian like me. :D
The scariest thing that ever happened to me - on the subject of horror, was after my visitation in 2015-2016, can't remember anymore, was the realization that God had been watching me from the day of conception and knew every little thing that I had done in my entire life!

And there were a LOT of negative things that I had done, not always by choice either and usually pressured into it, but they still happened. Now I remember that every day with everything I do.

I can see Jesus behind me at every moment and it made me more careful about what I watch. I used to love horror movies too, and Dean Koontz books, and all of those sorts of things. Then I realized why we love and desire it so much - because we're feeding the flesh and it craves it. I realized that Jesus probably doesn't want to sit down with me and watch people being murdered.

I quit the internet for a year and turned off the TV. I try to feed the spirit more and eventually after you've done that so long, you become repulsed by the things you once loved because that craving of the flesh has been starved to death. Once you're no longer desensitized to it, your mind and your heart really changes, but if you're used to it and it seems like nothing to you, it seems like just entertainment.

Just watch next time, and wonder, who is doing the entertaining?

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I loved Brice Almighty!

I just had to do this because I needed a laugh today even though I apologize that some of you guys might find this blasphemous. "I need a spoo__ never mind, I found one!! :D"

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scariest thing that ever happened to me - on the subject of horror, was after my visitation in 2015-2016, can't remember anymore, was the realization that God had been watching me from the day of conception and knew every little thing that I had done in my entire life!

And there were a LOT of negative things that I had done, not always by choice either and usually pressured into it, but they still happened. Now I remember that every day with everything I do.

I can see Jesus behind me at every moment and it made me more careful about what I watch. I used to love horror movies too, and Dean Koontz books, and all of those sorts of things. Then I realized why we love and desire it so much - because we're feeding the flesh and it craves it. I realized that Jesus probably doesn't want to sit down with me and watch people being murdered.

I quit the internet for a year and turned off the TV. I try to feed the spirit more and eventually after you've done that so long, you become repulsed by the things you once loved because that craving of the flesh has been starved to death. Once you're no longer desensitized to it, your mind and your heart really changes, but if you're used to it and it seems like nothing to you, it seems like just entertainment.

Just watch next time, and wonder, who is doing the entertaining?

Wow well said. I don't know if I could quit the internet and TV for a year but you kind of make me want to try it!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow well said. I don't know if I could quit the internet and TV for a year but you kind of make me want to try it!
It's worth it! I recommend unplugging the TV for a while first. :D It's easier to ease yourself into it. I had podcasts, radio shows, hobbies and more hobbies, Mancala, and lots of books. Read lots of old Christian books like Tozer and Murray, fairy tales, and history books.

If I had a real house, I'd do it again and live that way. It was fun, but right now I'm in a motel and can't really go anywhere.

Reactions: Mantis

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw that you posted this last night while I was lurking around and sat down sewing and watched the whole thing. I chuckled a little at the acting and was confused at first about the "aliens", but stuck with it. Overall a good message and got my straps done!
The acting isn't amazing! lol
I can usually overlook poor acting when I'm interested in content.
The writer obviously had some knowledge of things our government has taken part in.

Reactions: DuckieLady

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theres some movies i like that are wholesome.
pride and prejudice, little women, jane eyre, the anne of green gables series (with megan follows), the secret garden.

Reactions: Pearl and TLHKAJ

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The acting isn't amazing! lol
I can usually overlook poor acting when I'm interested in content.
The writer obviously had some knowledge of things our government has taken part in.
Haha! It reminded me if a church of random people got together and decided to make a movie. Low budget, but that's okay. Sometimes I just look at it as a play with untrained people and pay attention to the story instead. Beauty And The Beast: A Latter-Day Tale is still one of my more memorable favorites. :rolleyes: I cried. I always cry.

I am also probably the only one who thought the "weird guy" was way more interesting and the one she should to go after than the buffed stereotype Ken doll wanna-be that would have just been staring at himself in the mirror all day. His personality type irritated me and they wouldn't dress him properly. The budget was so low they couldn't afford a shirt for him, I guess. At least the weird guy had a personality and interesting characteristics that weren't based off of Greek statues. /sorryminirant

I've heard some sketchy things, too. Whole government is sketch anyway.

theres some movies i like that are wholesome.
pride and prejudice, little women, jane eyre, the anne of green gables series (with megan follows), the secret garden.

Love Jane Eyre! The New Adventures of Black Beauty is a favorite too - and horses are not my favorite. (I got trampled by one.) I really should watch The Secret Garden.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! It reminded me if a church of random people got together and decided to make a movie. Low budget, but that's okay. Sometimes I just look at it as a play with untrained people and pay attention to the story instead. Beauty And The Beast: A Latter-Day Tale is still one of my more memorable favorites. :rolleyes: I cried. I always cry.

I am also probably the only one who thought the "weird guy" was way more interesting and the one she should to go after than the buffed stereotype Ken doll wanna-be that would have just been staring at himself in the mirror all day. His personality type irritated me and they wouldn't dress him properly. The budget was so low they couldn't afford a shirt for him, I guess. At least the weird guy had a personality and interesting characteristics that weren't based off of Greek statues. /sorryminirant

I've heard some sketchy things, too. Whole government is sketch anyway.

Love Jane Eyre! The New Adventures of Black Beauty is a favorite too - and horses are not my favorite. (I got trampled by one.) I really should watch The Secret Garden.
trammpled by one :( oh my!
i was kicked by one, im fine though......my foot is probably messed up cos of that..