The unstable mind?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
al

All of humanity is afflicted with mental illness revealed in the reality of selfishness. The logic runs along the lines of survival of the fittest; it's the primary business model rewarded with accolades.
Yes I can’t say who hasn’t been touched by selfishness. You also brought up a thought on the plea of insanity. How isn’t anyone who does wrong deserving of punishment not in their right mind? Unless they are truly not guilty of the charges …as Jesus being charged for all sorts of falsehoods he didn’t commit, instead it was them who were not in their right minds accusing Him of their own doings.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that someone is factually guilty should have nothing to do with their mental state.
Thinking of the word saying all sins are equal in if you break one Law, you break all of them. Still, when considering a plea of insanity. I wonder if to do any wrong worthy of standing trial for, all falls under insanity. Whether it is for stealing or for killing. But the system I guess decides if someone is too far gone to help being a repeater, and someone did something small and maybe a one time offender.
However, the sentencing should take into consideration their mental state.
Maybe not relevant. But I had an uncle who was a pastor and married to the same woman all his life; lots of children. When he got dementia…one day he removed his wedding ring and hitchhiked across the country. Going to find him a woman. I didn’t know him well being young, although I do remember him. My mother said he changed becoming aggressive and not the personality she knew as gentle and kind.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knows what our minds are actually like. He knows how hard we try to do His will, and whether we are seeking excuses. He knows how much I want to overcome, if that's what I want, and He knows how willing I am to make excuses.

Even so . . . He forgives our sins in Christ, even these kinds of sins.

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we know that God is exponentially more knowing, intelligent and merciful then we can ever be.

Every person who stands before God will not be in the same mental condition(s) when they left earth.

There will be clarity of mind when God speaks to each individual.

God judges the motives of a mans heart - Jeremiah ch17 and Romans ch2
Love your point “every person who stands before God will not be in the same mental condition(so) when they left earth.”
and “There will be clarity of mind when God speaks to each individual.”

….do you see “clarity of mind”
The same as standing before God in their right mind.
In the mind of Christ?
Of a sound mind?

just asking because if all stand in Judgement before God in clarity of mind… that throws a curve (Imo) in someone standing before God in clarity of mind, then being, condemned to hell.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking of the word saying all sins are equal in if you break one Law, you break all of them. Still, when considering a plea of insanity. I wonder if to do any wrong worthy of standing trial for, all falls under insanity.
Only if the laws are rational.

For instance, OT allowed poor to take food from harvest but not carry in container. This allows them to maintain dignity in not having to resort to stealing to survive.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love your point “every person who stands before God will not be in the same mental condition(so) when they left earth.”
and “There will be clarity of mind when God speaks to each individual.”

….do you see “clarity of mind”
The same as standing before God in their right mind.
In the mind of Christ?
Of a sound mind?

just asking because if all stand in Judgement before God in clarity of mind… that throws a curve (Imo) in someone standing before God in clarity of mind, then being, condemned to hell.
My use of the phrase 'clarity of mind' is limited to that which God corrects/frees of the human faculty thought process in the individual.

God knows that knowing is key to judgment, thus He alone judges the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Where God separates 'knowing' from 'insanity' will be His call to make in each individual, including us who believe.

Remember when David faked he was insane while with the Philistines?

Paul writes: "2 Cor 5:9-15
Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
For we do not commend ourselves again to you, but give you opportunity to boast on our behalf, that you may have an answer for those who boast in appearance and not in heart. For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; or if we are of sound mind, it is for you.
For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah