The Voter Fraud Is Coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I was abbreviating, not intending a full exposition of the passage.

Ummmmmmmm, no you weren't, not by any stretch of the imagination. You were avoiding why the PURSE, BAG, & SWORD were specified as REQUIRED TOOLS to go into the world, so you made a game of the PURSE:

... Jesus didn't give information of why to bring cash, perhaps because He knew the sheep would be scattered. Bring some money, boys, you may not be wanting to show up at your home for a bit . . .

... and conveniently avoided the BAG, which you couldn't contrive an explanation for.

But it's OK. Don't worry. -- You probably won't need to defend yourself or your family, because apparently you haven't prepared your household and you and yours will be the first to be picked up and given FREE SHOWERS.

We all choose,
Bobby Jo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmmmm, no you weren't, not by any stretch of the imagination. You were avoiding why the PURSE, BAG, & SWORD were specified as REQUIRED TOOLS to go into the world, so you made a game of the PURSE:

... Jesus didn't give information of why to bring cash, perhaps because He knew the sheep would be scattered. Bring some money, boys, you may not be wanting to show up at your home for a bit . . .

... and conveniently avoided the BAG, which you couldn't contrive an explanation for.

But it's OK. Don't worry. -- You probably won't need to defend yourself or your family, because apparently you haven't prepared your household and you and yours will be the first to be picked up and given FREE SHOWERS.

We all choose,
Bobby Jo

Let's rise above!

I guess not.

:(

Reactions: David H.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's rise above!

Rise above WHAT? -- How in the WORLD can you "rise above" SCRIPTURE?!? You want your feelings to take precedence, exactly as I've already explained: base your Christianity on LIFE (personal "politics"); and play games: conveniently avoided the BAG, which you couldn't contrive an explanation for.

So YEAH, -- I WILL NOT "rise above" Scripture to satiate your feelings, emotions, or personal politics. But YOU CAN if you want ...
Bobby Jo :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rise above WHAT? -- How in the WORLD can you "rise above" SCRIPTURE?!? You want your feelings to take precedence, exactly as I've already explained: base your Christianity on LIFE (personal "politics"); and play games: conveniently avoided the BAG, which you couldn't contrive an explanation for.

So YEAH, -- I WILL NOT "rise above" Scripture to satiate your feelings, emotions, or personal politics. But YOU CAN if you want ...
No, what I mean is to rise above such low forms of discussion.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't recall every sharing with you what God has provided to my wife and I, and how I believe He is directing us. Oh, wait, I do remember mentioning that I thought God was having my increase my stockpile a bit, I think was what I said.

Much love!

WONDERFUL. Glad to hear! -- But what good is it when someone shows up at your front door and takes everything, possibly including the females in your family?

But it's your choice how you want to live your life, even when GOD warns against it! -- I just don't want your blood on my head for not having warned you! :)
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, what I mean is to rise above such low forms of discussion.

... like Scripture. Got it! :)

Bobby Jo

PS "personal politics" is not "POLITICAL", it simply means you don't like "swords". And to tell you the TRUTH, -- I don't either. In fact the WORSE thing in the world would be taking another man's life. But given the choice, I'll feel bad for his mother and family, not the other way around ... :)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I limit my discussion to the Bible ...
Simple point: Luke 22:35 says that while Jesus was on earth that Jesus would provide all things for us. But as Jesus was preparing to NOT be on earth in Verse 36 HE instructed us to take a PURSE, and BAG, and a SWORD. Thus by appearances we are instructed to be relatively self sufficient in our personal preparations and protections.

So I'd suggest that you accept what Scripture says, without excuse.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple point: Luke 22:35 says that while Jesus was on earth that Jesus would provide all things for us. But as Jesus was preparing to NOT be on earth in Verse 36 HE instructed us to take a PURSE, and BAG, and a SWORD. Thus by appearances we are instructed to be relatively self sufficient in our personal preparations and protections.

So I'd suggest that you accept what Scripture says, without excuse.
In that passage, Jesus instructed these men who were with Him to bring swords. There were two. He had also told certain of them to go and prepare an upper room for passover. Do you have your upper room ready?

In that passage, Luke writes that Jesus' instruction to bring swords was towards fulfilling the prophecy. Later, Jesus denounced the use of those very swords.

I believe God intends for us to have a self-sufficiency toward every good work, so that we should have material supply to accomplish all God has in mind for us to accomplish, as I find this taught specifically in other places. But I do not see how Jesus' instruction to those men to bring swords, 2 is enough, enough for what? To hold the soldiers at bay? I don't think that what He meant. Jesus' instruction was to them, not to us, just like His instructions for Passover preparation were given to them.

Much love!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that passage, Jesus instructed these men who were with Him to bring swords. ..

TWO DIFFERENT ISSUES: The "two swords" is one; and the "PURSE, BAG, and SWORD" is the second. If they were all ONE ISSUE, then where was the PURSE and BAG in the GARDEN???

And now the dishonest reply:

How about some HONESTY for a change.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context is the possibility of armed conflict. I won't hold it against you if it's your position, but are you a pacifist?
When I have a legitimate government, I am. I am not in favor of people taking up arms as long the government hasn't fallen apart. I may not like Trump; but I don't see the government falling apart.

@marks, Since you posted a like to it, are you a pacifist as well? Curious.

:rolleyes: Like I needed to record everything I was watching. Again, I wouldn't hold it against you, but you apparently don't watch much CNN.

You think I would lie just to win some stupid debate? You don't know me very well.
Take a deep breath. I asked you for evidence. You didn't provide it. I asked again. Still nothing. I did not accuse you of lying. In fact, the thought hadn't crossed my mind until you planted it there.

Now you want to talk about CNN? Now, I don't watch CNN on any regular basis since I don't have cable. I am not asking you to provide exhaustive links to stories. I just wonder what you're talking about.

I see Trump talking about voter fraud. He's been talking about it for months -- and the election hadn't even started yet. I hear about right wingers believing there might be election fraud, so they are showing up at polling places. I've heard people talking about election fraud, but I haven't heard of documented cases. If you have, where did they take place?

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's a pretty good guess!

Much love!
Did you hear that Homeland Security said it was Iran? I was also impressed by how fast Homeland Security was on top of it. I knew the Proud Boys denied it; but I also figured some people on the left would believe it and urge their followers to get guns or something, and go protest or attack the Proud Boys. Things could have spun out of control fast, so I was relieved when DHS said it was Iran. I was also impressed to learn that Google had caught most of emails sent out to gmail accounts although lots got through. There is good news from time to time.

Story here: Proud Boys Leader Responds to Emails: "We Don't Care Enough to Intimidate Anyone"

I may not like Trump; but I can still see that his administration is doing some things right. The FBI and DHS seem to be handling things competently. I don't think I need to take up arms against the Trump administration or a Biden one. I say let law enforcement do their jobs.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you hear that Homeland Security said it was Iran? I was also impressed by how fast Homeland Security was on top of it. I knew the Proud Boys denied it; but I also figured some people on the left would believe it and urge their followers to get guns or something, and go protest or attack the Proud Boys. Things could have spun out of control fast, so I was relieved when DHS said it was Iran. I was also impressed to learn that Google had caught most of emails sent out to gmail accounts although lots got through. There is good news from time to time.

Story here: Proud Boys Leader Responds to Emails: "We Don't Care Enough to Intimidate Anyone"

I may not like Trump; but I can still see that his administration is doing some things right. The FBI and DHS seem to be handling things competently. I don't think I need to take up arms against the Trump administration or a Biden one. I say let law enforcement do their jobs.

You know my first reaction to the reports was to wonder why they would bother! And they wouldn't.

Yes, I think talk of civil war at the moment does more to engender one then to prepare for it.

Much love!

Reactions: Giuliano

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I have a legitimate government, I am. I am not in favor of people taking up arms as long the government hasn't fallen apart. I may not like Trump; but I don't see the government falling apart.

Ok. Only the type of scenario Joyner is talking about is in large part the falling apart of civil government. So if I understand your statement here, you are essentially in agreement with him.
Take a deep breath. I asked you for evidence. You didn't provide it. I asked again. Still nothing. I did not accuse you of lying. In fact, the thought hadn't crossed my mind until you planted it there.

Then you'll have to forgive me, but it just struck me as dragging the conversation into tedium. I have heard it numerous times, and if you can't trust me on this, we kinda have nothing. Hence, all the breathing in the world won't help.

If I have to find a dozen links for you as the only means to continue, I may later but frankly I'd have little interest in even continuing the conversation.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. Only the type of scenario Joyner is talking about is in large part the falling apart of civil government. So if I understand your statement here, you are essentially in agreement with him.
Not quite. He's predicting the government will break down. People saying the government is bad and can't protect us in itself undermines confidence in our government. Sometimes we create what we fear.

Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

Then you'll have to forgive me, but it just struck me as dragging the conversation into tedium. I have heard it numerous times, and if you can't trust me on this, we kinda have nothing. Hence, all the breathing in the world won't help.

If I have to find a dozen links for you as the only means to continue, I may later but frankly I'd have little interest in even continuing the conversation.
Here's something that was just in the news.

Possible mail-in voter fraud in DuPage County under investigation

DUPAGE COUNTY, Ill. -- DuPage County prosecutors are investigating three potential cases of voter fraud tied to mail-in ballots allegedly requested for people who are dead.

State's Attorney Robert Berlin said his office has already investigated six other cases of potential mail-in-ballot fraud and concluded no charges would be filed in those cases.

Each of the cases alleges that the DuPage County clerk's office received a request for a mail-in ballot in September from a county resident who is no longer alive, Berlin said in a statement.

DuPage County Clerk Jean Kaczmarek said her office has received nine "invalid vote-by-mail requests" and forwarded those instances to Berlin's office.

"Testing the process is not a game. It's not worth it. Don't even try," Kaczmarek said in a statement.

"While voter fraud is not a widespread problem anywhere, voters need to be reassured that every individual application is held up to scrutiny to ensure that the election is fairly conducted," Kaczmarek said. "With over 200,000 applications for mail-in ballots received to-date and a tiny number of cases being professionally investigated by the state's attorney's office, voters can be reassured that the system is working."

Berlin said his office would investigate, charge and vigorously prosecute anyone who attempts to interfere in the election.
That was possible attempted fraud. The people trying it didn't succeed. It sounds to me as if people thought they needed to "test the system" so they sent in applications from dead people to see if they could fool the system. My guess is it was Trump supporters who were afraid of the election being rigged. They weren't prosecuted after being investigated since they didn't intend to vote for the dead people.

In one confirmed instance of voter fraud in 2016, an election judge from southern Illinois was charged after she filled out a ballot for her late husband because she said he would have wanted Trump to be president, according to the Associated Press.

Overall, voter fraud is exceedingly rare. The Brennan Center for Justice in 2017 ranked the risk of ballot fraud at 0.00004% to 0.0009%, based on studies of past elections.

Let's say that woman hadn't been caught trying to cast a ballot for Trump on behalf of her husband. Would it have mattered? No, not really, since Clinton won in Illinois by 17%. You could have added thousands more votes for Trump in Illinois, and it wouldn't have mattered. Similarly, the Democrats could have added thousands more for Clinton, and it wouldn't have mattered. Clinton would have gotten the 20 electoral votes either way. It would be silly to risk being prosecuted and going to jail just to add votes that wouldn't change the outcome.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think talk of civil war at the moment does more to engender one then to prepare for it.
He's predicting the government will break down. People saying the government is bad and can't protect us in itself undermines confidence in our government. Sometimes we create what we fear.

This is like saying that every prophet during Old Testament times who prophesied bad things were coming to Israel and the need to prepare was only fostering those things to happen.

Tell them this when you get to Heaven, gentlemen, but it is more than just faulty reasoning. Your argument stands in condemnation of those who were merely walking in obedience to God and sounding an alarm, as commanded to. Your heads are too much in politics and not enough in spirituality, nor do you show much concern for others like you think you do. I know the voice of God when I hear it, and this business of blaming the prophets for "self-fulfilling prophecy" is really nothing more than those who do not hear from God railing an accusation against those who do.

And since that will not go over well, I will bow out of this conversation altogether at this point. Just understand, you both should be much more careful about continually walking in condemnation of others. It is not of God, and it is not "much love," either for God's people, or His servants, or for Christ Himself.

God bless, and hope you both have a great day.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this news story doesn't have anything to do with voter fraud, but it's a story connected to the presidential election.

Maryland man faces federal charge for allegedly threatening Biden, Harris, and supporters
I think that story should tell us we're being misled if we think voter fraud is the big problem to focus on. There are people with mental problems and the US needs to address the problem of mental illness better and get people help before they do crazy things like that. We should not expect law enforcement to provide a solution to mental illness. I'm glad law enforcement prevented him from committing any crimes; but the article said he had a prior incident in 2014 of making threats. I think he needs mental help instead of racking up a long history of arrests. Sooner or later, he may hurt someone else.

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is like saying that every prophet during Old Testament times who prophesied bad things were coming to Israel and the need to prepare was only fostering those things to happen.
Many of those prophecies included calls to repent so that the evils did not have to come. Prophecy is not fortunetelling, there's more to it than predicting the future.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It only takes the prayer of one righteous man to turn things around. One righteous man praying is more then a million not in faith.

Reactions: GTW27