The walking towards eternity.....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not me 2,461
Posted just now
1 John 1:7 (NASB)
but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“but if we walk in the light”

Meaning that;

‘but if we walk in all the light we see at present,’

For knowing that regardless of the light we see at present, there is always a deeper and a more awesome light to follow...

The word walk, means an on going constant thing..... There might be an occasional stumbling, but with a getting up and continuing the walk.... The walk being the issue, the goal, the important thing itself...

The walk towards God, with God, and in God... God always being the object in all we do....

What does that mean;

God always being the object in all we do?

It means that righteousness is the object in all we do... Knowing that God is righteousness, and God is in righteousness, God Himself being the very expression of righteousness.... So that every expression of righteousness, would be an expression of Him to the degree it is expressed....

So this walking in the light as He is in the light, would be a walking in righteousness, limited to the degree one sees and understands righteousness....

Walk; being the expression of forward movement or growth towards the increase in this walk in this light toward the perfection of righteousness.... For which is the perfection that is God Himself...

So this verse could be understood as;

“but if we grow in righteousness as He Himself is in righteousness we have fellowship one with another etc....

This walking in righteousness, is the door to this open and honest fellowship one heart has with another....For if the doing of the right thing, if the searching after truth and right is the goal.... Not trying to be right, but trying to learn what the truth and right is, so that one might become the more right...For in this is the fellowship that makes for life....

For with the setting aside of one’s own will, wants and desires, for the desire of walking in the light or walking in righteousness is where all the growth in Christ is to be found... For in this walking is the walking in the light of life....

Which is all just another way of saying, the putting forth of the fruit of the heart turned towards God in faith, continually... For until it’s time to go into eternity, walking towards eternity is the goal, as the spirit is returned to Him that gave it... For in this walking is the working out of one’s salvation, which is the purpose of one’s life.....

Be blessed all in the walking, Not me

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not me 2,461
Posted just now
1 John 1:7 (NASB)
but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“but if we walk in the light”

Meaning that;

‘but if we walk in all the light we see at present,’

For knowing that regardless of the light we see at present, there is always a deeper and a more awesome light to follow...

The word walk, means an on going constant thing..... There might be an occasional stumbling, but with a getting up and continuing the walk.... The walk being the issue, the goal, the important thing itself...

The walk towards God, with God, and in God... God always being the object in all we do....

What does that mean;

God always being the object in all we do?

It means that righteousness is the object in all we do... Knowing that God is righteousness, and God is in righteousness, God Himself being the very expression of righteousness.... So that every expression of righteousness, would be an expression of Him to the degree it is expressed....

So this walking in the light as He is in the light, would be a walking in righteousness, limited to the degree one sees and understands righteousness....

Walk; being the expression of forward movement or growth towards the increase in this walk in this light toward the perfection of righteousness.... For which is the perfection that is God Himself...

So this verse could be understood as;

“but if we grow in righteousness as He Himself is in righteousness we have fellowship one with another etc....

This walking in righteousness, is the door to this open and honest fellowship one heart has with another....For if the doing of the right thing, if the searching after truth and right is the goal.... Not trying to be right, but trying to learn what the truth and right is, so that one might become the more right...For in this is the fellowship that makes for life....

For with the setting aside of one’s own will, wants and desires, for the desire of walking in the light or walking in righteousness is where all the growth in Christ is to be found... For in this walking is the walking in the light of life....

Which is all just another way of saying, the putting forth of the fruit of the heart turned towards God in faith, continually... For until it’s time to go into eternity, walking towards eternity is the goal, as the spirit is returned to Him that gave it... For in this walking is the working out of one’s salvation, which is the purpose of one’s life.....

Be blessed all in the walking, Not me

Hi Notme,
The way I see "walk in the light as He is in the light" has always meant to me: do nothing where nobody is there to witness that you wouldn't do in front of others.
Maybe too simple ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Notme,
The way I see "walk in the light as He is in the light" has always meant to me: do nothing where nobody is there to witness that you wouldn't do in front of others.

Interesting understanding??

As long as the peace of Christ in your heart is at peace with it...

As mine is with your thought, for righteousness could be described as such...

Be blessed as we walk towards Him, Not me

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting understanding??

As long as the peace of Christ in your heart is at peace with it...

As mine is with your thought, for righteousness could be described as such...

Be blessed as we walk towards Him, Not me

"Be blessed as we walk towards Him, Not me"

Back at you my brother! :) He blesses me way beyond anything I had thought or could have even conceived of ! Amen.

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Be blessed as we walk towards Him, Not me"

Back at you my brother! :) He blesses me way beyond anything I had thought or could have even conceived of ! Amen.

Yes, to know Him and to increase in that knowing,,,, oh the blessedness of such a life...

Be blessed as the receiver of such...

A fellow partaker, Not me

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Notme,
Hi Nancy,

I think your understanding is attested to in John . . .

John 3:19-21
19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21) But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Nancy,

I think your understanding is attested to in John . . .

John 3:19-21
19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21) But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Much love!
@marks Searching verses there...I love John's First Epistle...