The Whole Family in Heaven and Earth is Named

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Names play in very heavily in the Bible for sure. Names are very important to God, whose name is Jehovah, one can make a great name for themselves in God's eyes through obedience. Did you know that God delayed destroying Pharaoh so that His name could be declared throughout the earth? Ex 9:16
I bet Pharaoh was bragging on Moses' God until doomsday after what he witnessed.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because you don't have the Holy Ghost.

You should hang out with charismatic Catholics and they can get you through the latter part of Acts 2:38 at least.

Then maybe, just maybe, you will obey the first part....hopefully.

spare us oh Lord!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we receive the HS in baptism!
And in the sacrament of confirmation!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bet Pharaoh was bragging on Moses' God until doomsday after what he witnessed.

It is interesting Truth, because of the movie most people including myself at one time thought Pharaoh survived the armies demise at the red sea, but that wasn't actually what the Bible actually said sir, Hollywood had to be a bit more dramatic. Ps 136:15; Ex 14:28

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is interesting Truth, because of the movie most people including myself at one time thought Pharaoh survived the armies demise at the red sea, but that wasn't actually what the Bible actually said sir, Hollywood had to be a bit more dramatic. Ps 136:15; Ex 14:28
You trying to tell me Elizabeth Taylor was not trying to pick up on Moses(Heston) after all these years of thinking it happened?;)

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the church permitted to violate the commandment of Jesus Christ found Matt 28:19?

No. However, you fail to fulfill the command by simply repeating the command.
The command is fulfilled by invoking his NAME...

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

You have not put on Christ. You deny his name.

It's not too late, go find a church that will baptize by immersion(not sprinkling) in the name of Jesus.

Some Charismatic, Apostolic, and Pentecostal churches will do that for you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. However, you fail to fulfill the command by simply repeating the command.
The command is fulfilled by invoking his NAME...

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

You have not put on Christ. You deny his name.

It's not too late, go find a church that will baptize by immersion(not sprinkling) in the name of Jesus.

Some Charismatic, Apostolic, and Pentecostal churches will do that for you.

where does the Bible say that pouring or sprinkling is forbidden or invalid?

Christ is not His name but a title!
The anointed one!

not talking about invoking His name, you can certainly pray on the name of Jesus but valid baptism is according to His words found in matt 28:19

it’s all good
I know you deny the triune God and our savior’s divinity

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does the Bible say that pouring or sprinkling is forbidden or invalid?

Christ is not His name but a title!
The anointed one!

not talking about invoking His name, you can certainly pray on the name of Jesus but valid baptism is according to His words found in matt 28:19

it’s all good
I know you deny the triune God and our savior’s divinity

The word baptize (baptizo) means to dip repeatedly, to immerse, to submerge (of vessels sunk).

Further, here are scriptures of baptism in Jesus name...

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the NAME of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Acts 8:16 "(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus)."

Acts 19:5 "When they heard this, they were baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus."

Now you show me baptisms with the words, "Father, Son, Holy Ghost"

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word baptize (baptizo) means to dip repeatedly, to immerse, to submerge (of vessels sunk).

All that is required is flowing water over the forehead three times with the words of Matt 28:19

Further, here are scriptures of baptism in Jesus name...

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the NAME of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Acts 8:16 "(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus)."

Acts 19:5 "When they heard this, they were baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus."

Now you show me baptisms with the words, "Father, Son, Holy Ghost"

Matt 28:19

The holy church obeys the command Of Jesus!

Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ…

the command to be baptized is given in the name of Jesus!

why do some say:
Jesus
Some Jesus Christ
Others the name of the Lord?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why do some say:
Jesus
Some Jesus Christ
Others the name of the Lord?

Baptized in Jesus name is correct.
Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ is correct.

Now for that last example you gave, "name of the Lord" - Your very own Catholic Bible reads...

Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Then they desired him to tarry with them some days.