The Whole Family in Heaven and Earth is Named

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

so be silent!
Both...

14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

God's Spirit and the human spirit interacting.

The carnal man does not comprehend this amazing interaction.

Good stuff.

Tell the RCC they need it too.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both...

14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

God's Spirit and the human spirit interacting.

The carnal man does not comprehend this amazing interaction.

Good stuff.

Tell the RCC they need it too.

Acts 2:
6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

foreign language not tongue talking charismaniacs!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:
6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

That was one of the 9 gifts of the Spirit(gift of tongues) in operation in 1 Cor 13, not to be confused with the unknown tongues per 1 Cor 14.

The RCC has done a poor job of instructing you.

I sent you a video to further explain it. I made the video myself.

Reactions: user

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. I am 60 and the original 10 Commandments(1970 era) with Liz Taylor and Charlton Heston as Moses was in it.

Liz (princess Nefetiri) was always trying to seduce Heston (Moses)...LOL

Hollywood could not resist....

The picture you show is the original 10 commandments but it is 1956 and Nefertari was played by Ann Baxter, that is what through me off when you said Liz Taylor.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The picture you show is the original 10 commandments but it is 1956 and Nefertari was played by Ann Baxter, that is what through me off when you said Liz Taylor.
Okay, sorry.

I thought it was LT...LOL.

I just remember they had to throw in the chick chasing Moses.

It was before I read the Bible and thought Hollywood was right in portraying it.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they are denying the divinity of Christ and the holy trinity

that’s the little game they play with Matt 28:19 and acts 2:38

what about you?

the church obeys Christ!
Jn 15:5

I asked you to produce scripture whereby they used "Father, Son, Holy Ghost" in baptism. You have not provided any.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:

You just called Paul a charismaniac...

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God...

4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself,,,

5 I would that ye all spake with tongues,,,

13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue...

14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth...

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.,,,

18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all...

39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues....

38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.;)

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said we must come forth out of the church womb in order to become part of the kingdom...
Never heard of that unusual doctrine. According to The GRACE (for today)
Scriptures, those saved By "GRACE Through faith," are Instantaneously:

"...translated (placed, Baptized, Immersed) Into The Kingdom," (Col 1:13),
Which Is Currently Vested In The LORD JESUS CHRIST, Seated At The Right
Hand Of Majesty!

Also, for the Confusion of water baptism, There is Only ONE Baptism, Today,
Under GRACE!

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In Him, And
In HIS Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

GRACE and Peace...

Last edited:

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just called Paul a charismaniac...

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God...

4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself,,,

5 I would that ye all spake with tongues,,,

13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue...

14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth...

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.,,,

18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all...

39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues....

38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.;)

Yes I agree.

In John Chapter Three, we read:
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

According to Jesus in Verse 8 (above) just as there is a "sound" associated (or present) with the wind, likewise, there is a "sound" associated (present) when EVERYONE is born of the Spirit.

Now let's see this in action in Acts two AND Acts ten:
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God

After we are filled with the Holy Spirit ("speaking with tongues and magnify God"), we are now legitimate candidates to receive the "gift of tongues" as per 1Cor. (of which, not everyone will receive that particular gift of the Spirit - they may get one of the other gifts)

PS. can you post that link again for your youtube channel?

Reactions: Truther

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never heard of that unusual doctrine. According to The GRACE (for today)
Scriptures, those saved By "GRACE Through faith," are Instantaneously:

"...translated (placed, Baptized, Immersed) Into The Kingdom," (Col 1:13),
Which Is Currently Vested In The LORD JESUS CHRIST, Seated At The Right
Hand Of Majesty!

Also, for the Confusion of water baptism, There is Only ONE Baptism, Today,
Under GRACE!

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In Him, And
In HIS Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

GRACE and Peace...

You listed Colossians 1:13 which says, "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:"

Now how do you become "translated into the kingdom of his dear Son" - Jesus himself tells us in John chapter three....

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I agree.

In John Chapter Three, we read:
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

According to Jesus in Verse 8 (above) just as there is a "sound" associated (or present) with the wind, likewise, there is a "sound" associated (present) when EVERYONE is born of the Spirit.

Now let's see this in action in Acts two AND Acts ten:
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God

After we are filled with the Holy Spirit ("speaking with tongues and magnify God"), we are now legitimate candidates to receive the "gift of tongues" as per 1Cor. (of which, not everyone will receive that particular gift of the Spirit - they may get one of the other gifts)

PS. can you post that link again for your youtube channel?
Excellent point that you compare John 3:8 with Acts 2:2 etc.

Jesus was clearly explaining the future Acts 2(38) experience with Nicodemus.

And here is the video you requested...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These are further explanations of Acts 2 to be viewed in sequence.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, sorry.

I thought it was LT...LOL.

I just remember they had to throw in the chick chasing Moses.

It was before I read the Bible and thought Hollywood was right in portraying it.

I did as well Truth, overall it is a great movie, and it motivates many to pursue learning more about God, and I certainly am not against that. I think most of us realize that Hollywood always makes things more dramatic than they are many times.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These are further explanations of Acts 2 to be viewed in sequence.

It looks like you have quite a few videos. I didn't get a chance to watch all of them, but what I seen looks really good!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looks like you have quite a few videos. I didn't get a chance to watch all of them, but what I seen looks really good!
Thank you.

It covers the entire Bible in 10 lessons.

The 10 playlists are in there too, if you want to watch it without clicking on them individually.