The woman caught in adultery.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I feel the need to apologize to you, @BreadOfLife.

I feel that the Lord is telling me that it is in your love language to call other people out on their sins and that you have been in effect attempting to love me in the love of the Lord with your behaviour.

I don't know that saying that "Perhaps Diotrephes was the first Pope" was necessarily a sin; and nether do I consider it to be a full out-and-out lie; but I thank you for rebuking me for saying it.

I know that what was suggested was not a true statement; but I made it in order to draw out a response so that I could make a point. And I believe that I have made that point to you clearly enough.

I do know that my statement was not a lie because I qualified it with the word "Perhaps"...I purposefully chose my words so that they would not be a lie, in fact, by using the word "perhaps".

But I do know also that the statement that was qualified by the word "perhaps", if it had not been qualified by that word, would have been a lie.

I know that I have no excuse and I humbly ask your forgiveness. "If the truth of God abounds through my lie to His glory, why am I also judged as a sinner? And not rather, "let us do evil that good may come" as we are slanderously reported as saying and as some affirm that we say...whose condemnation is just." (Romans 3:7-8)

So again, I offer no excuse; and I humbly ask your forgiveness.

I've been fighting against the condemnation that you seemed to heap on you. I previously had prided myself on being a very truthful person and because I idolized superman as a young lad, I had a code of not lying to anyone.

But that was broken recently in your sight.

Just know that even though you pride yourself on being truthful, you may not be able to live up to your own standard of righteousness. I'm thankful that the blood of Jesus was shed for both of us, aren't you? It means that we can be forgiven of every sin in the book except blasphemy of the Holy Ghost; which I would define as rejecting the salvation that Christ offers to the day of one's death.

I just want you to know that I am not against you. I am praying for you (nothing bad, either) and desire what's best for you. May the Lord abundantly bless you and may He keep you all your days in the faith of knowing that Jesus died for you on the Cross and that you are saved by His efficacious work, and nothing else.

Love in Christ,

@justbyfaith

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't judge your soul...
Just like you didn't judge my soul.
I can say just as you can that I am merely judging righteous judgment according to John 7:24...
No - you judged my SOUL.

YOU said:
"You are going to GET IT on the day of judgment."

What is that, if NOT judging my soul??
I never said anything remotely close to that. I simply pointed out that you lied.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have, also, prayed for you; that the Lord would show you the error of your ways in order that you might repent and be saved.
It's NOT up to YOU to determine if I am saved.
The is between me and God.

Work out your OWN salvation with fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12) . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I feel the need to apologize to you, @BreadOfLife.

I feel that the Lord is telling me that it is in your love language to call other people out on their sins and that you have been in effect attempting to love me in the love of the Lord with your behaviour.

I don't know that saying that "Perhaps Diotrephes was the first Pope" was necessarily a sin; and nether do I consider it to be a full out-and-out lie; but I thank you for rebuking me for saying it.

I know that what was suggested was not a true statement; but I made it in order to draw out a response so that I could make a point. And I believe that I have made that point to you clearly enough.

I do know that my statement was not a lie because I qualified it with the word "Perhaps"...I purposefully chose my words so that they would not be a lie, in fact, by using the word "perhaps".

But I do know also that the statement that was qualified by the word "perhaps", if it had not been qualified by that word, would have been a lie.

I know that I have no excuse and I humbly ask your forgiveness. "If the truth of God abounds through my lie to His glory, why am I also judged as a sinner? And not rather, "let us do evil that good may come" as we are slanderously reported as saying and as some affirm that we say...whose condemnation is just." (Romans 3:7-8)

So again, I offer no excuse; and I humbly ask your forgiveness.

I've been fighting against the condemnation that you seemed to heap on you. I previously had prided myself on being a very truthful person and because I idolized superman as a young lad, I had a code of not lying to anyone.

But that was broken recently in your sight.

Just know that even though you pride yourself on being truthful, you may not be able to live up to your own standard of righteousness. I'm thankful that the blood of Jesus was shed for both of us, aren't you? It means that we can be forgiven of every sin in the book except blasphemy of the Holy Ghost; which I would define as rejecting the salvation that Christ offers to the day of one's death.

I just want you to know that I am not against you. I am praying for you (nothing bad, either) and desire what's best for you. May the Lord abundantly bless you and may He keep you all your days in the faith of knowing that Jesus died for you on the Cross and that you are saved by His efficacious work, and nothing else.

Love in Christ,

@justbyfaith
I appreciate your charitable words.

Just for the record - I never judged YOU. I was simply pointing out some falsehoods that you posted about the Catholic Church. That's NOT to says that I have never stated a falsehood, either. I always try not to - but especially here or in any other discussion having to do with Biblical or religious matters.

I have always said since I've been here on this forum that I would rather see charitable dialog instead of all of the mud-slinging that goes on here. Your post is a positive step in that direction. As fellow Christians, we have FAR more in common than we normally consider - and that should always be the starting point of our conversations.

And, also for the record - I don't consider myself "righteous". I am being made righteous in Christ.
It's a journey - and I hope to see you at the finishing line . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - you judged my SOUL.

YOU said:
"You are going to GET IT on the day of judgment."

What is that, if NOT judging my soul??
I never said anything remotely close to that. I simply pointed out that you lied.

And I simply pointed out that you were taking on the nature and employment of the accuser.

It's NOT up to YOU to determine if I am saved.
The is between me and God.

Work out your OWN salvation with fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12) . . .

Yes...and I believe that if you are not saved, He will save you as the result of my prayer....if you do not harden your heart against the testimony of the Holy Ghost.

I appreciate your charitable words.

Just for the record - I never judged YOU. I was simply pointing out some falsehoods that you posted about the Catholic Church. That's NOT to says that I have never stated a falsehood, either. I always try not to - but especially here or in any other discussion having to do with Biblical or religious matters.

I have always said since I've been here on this forum that I would rather see charitable dialog instead of all of the mud-slinging that goes on here. Your post is a positive step in that direction. As fellow Christians, we have FAR more in common than we normally consider - and that should always be the starting point of our conversations.

And, also for the record - I don't consider myself "righteous". I am being made righteous in Christ.
It's a journey - and I hope to see you at the finishing line . . .

I felt that you were accusing me of lying and therefore of being a liar...and in this, since all liars shall have their part in the lake of fire...I believe that you were in fact judging my soul.

But thank you for returning my "charitable words" with more charitable words coming from your end.

I am thankful to the Lord that this battle is now over with.

I used to pride myself over being a truth-teller. But now God has shown me that I am a sinner in this area of my life also. And while I will continue to strive to be a teller of the truth, I know now that I cannot say to Him on the day of judgment that I never told a lie....even though the lies that I did tell were not deliberate but were rather a repeating of misinformation based on ignorance.

I believe that you also could have been less harsh in your dealing with me. I believe that calling me a liar was taking it too far. A liar is someone who deliberately spreads misinformation knowing that it is a lie. But someone who spreads misinformation believing that it is the truth, is, from their own perspective, telling the truth.

So I suppose that there are many who in fact prided themselves on telling the truth who will find themselves condemned as liars on their day of judgment. Because if anything that they said, believing that it was the truth, turned out to be false over the fact that they were misinformed, they will be found to be liars...at least, according to the conclusions that we have made in this thread and the other.

Last edited: