The woman caught in adultery.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(peeked in for a moment to find this) :

You can plead whatever you like because NOBODY has condemned you.

Jhn 8:10, When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
Jhn 8:11, She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Thank You Jesus.

Case closed.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think he did a wonderful job with this message. You can always tell the difference between an educated teacher of the word and a charlatan. The educated man will have substance behind what he says, and it will be solidly based upon what the scriptures teach in their entirety, not just a verse or two here or there.

God bless, I am glad you found a message that comforted you.
Hidden

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that it is clear that there is no one accusing me (because no one has condemned me), I wish to make clear what sins Jesus is not guilty of (in that He would have to take the punishment for my sins here if they were indeed committed).

I have been accused of three lies:

1) I said, "Perhaps Diotrephes was the first Pope";
2) I said that Constantine was the first Pope; and,
3) I said that it is the teaching of the Catholic Church that salvation is by works.

The first, technically, was not a lie; because I spoke it as a suggestion and not as an absolute statement. If I had said, "Diotrephes was the first Pope" it could have been counted as a lie. But I used the word "Perhaps" qualifying my statement as, "it may or may not be" and therefore my statement cannot be counted as an out-and-out lie.

The second statement, that Constantine was the first Pope, I will admit was "calumny" as @BreadOfLife has spoken; and I have repented of saying this. I will never say it again. I believed it because it was what I was told. If someone ignorantly repeats something that turns out to be false in the end, it can only be determined to be a deliberate lie if the person telling it knows it to be a lie. If they believe it to be the truth, then from their perspective they are telling the truth; until they are corrected. And this sin, whatever it was, is now underneath the blood.

The third statement really does have a basis in history for my continuing to believe that it is true; even though it is being denied by certain proponents of Catholicism here.

First, Catholic teachers on here have stated that there is efficacy in works for salvation; and this indicates salvation by works, no matter how you slice it.

Secondly, it was the contention of Martin Luther in church history that salvation is by grace through faith apart from works; and this was opposed by some in the Catholic Church in his day. So then, at the very least, the Catholic Church taught salvation by works in Martin Luther's day; in that they opposed the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith apart from works. So, if they do not still teach it today, is it not because they have changed their position in order to fit the Protestant view more closely? This would indicate that they were wrong before and that the Protestants were right. If Catholics can be wrong and Protestants right on this isssue, what other issues might the Protestants be right about, and the Catholics wrong? But if they did not change their position, then it is a lie to say that the Catholics don't preach salvation by works; which lie has been told by @BreadOfLife.

(two other lies that he has told have been that he never lies and then, later, he said that he always tells the truth; and there are more; which I will not mention here).

Therefore, from what I can see, two of the three lies that I supposedly told were not lies at all; and the other, being not a deliberate lie but an unwitting repeating of misinformation, can not be held against me on my day of judgment as Revelation 21:8 condemnation; as it is also confessed, repented of, and under the blood.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he did a wonderful job with this message. You can always tell the difference between an educated teacher of the word and a charlatan. The educated man will have substance behind what he says, and it will be solidly based upon what the scriptures teach in their entirety, not just a verse or two here or there.

God bless, I am glad you found a message that comforted you.
Hidden
Good thing about it is, I wasn't looking for it. This message was preached last Sunday by the pastor of my church.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, we're ALL aware of which sect YOU belong to . . .

new%20top%20graphic.jpg

GQEtqTurfBe3qgrp6
Oh bearing the teeth, yes BOL the truth really offends you doesnt it. I cant kill him so ill ridicule Him, sorry BOL you cannot burn people at the stake anymore, that was done away with years ago, well not legally anyway. I leave you to fall int o your put with all teh rest of teh blind.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh bearing the teeth, yes BOL the truth really offends you doesnt it. I cant kill him so ill ridicule Him, sorry BOL you cannot burn people at the stake anymore, that was done away with years ago, well not legally anyway. I leave you to fall int o your put with all teh rest of teh blind.
You said you were a member of "his" church.

I was just reminding you of who "he" is - and it ain't Christ.
It's "General" James Green . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that it is clear that there is no one accusing me (because no one has condemned me), I wish to make clear what sins Jesus is not guilty of (in that He would have to take the punishment for my sins here if they were indeed committed).
I have been accused of three lies:
1) I said, "Perhaps Diotrephes was the first Pope";
2) I said that Constantine was the first Pope; and,
3) I said that it is the teaching of the Catholic Church that salvation is by works.

The first, technically, was not a lie; because I spoke it as a suggestion and not as an absolute statement. If I had said, "Diotrephes was the first Pope" it could have been counted as a lie. But I used the word "Perhaps" qualifying my statement as, "it may or may not be" and therefore my statement cannot be counted as an out-and-out lie.
This is as dishonest a statement as somebody saying, "Perhaps Adolf Hitler was the first American President."

You can't claim that it's NOT a lie just because you used the word "perhaps". It was intended to be a provocative and misleading statement.
Your moral compass is out of whack . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(peeked in to find this) :

This is as dishonest a statement as somebody saying, "Perhaps Adolf Hitler was the first American President."

You can't claim that it's NOT a lie just because you used the word "perhaps". It was intended to be a provocative and misleading statement.
Your moral compass is out of whack . . .
Still, not an out-and-out lie.

You need to repent of accusing me of lying in that instance.

"Perhaps" means "it may or may not be."

There is no possibility that Adolph Hitler was the first President; he did not live in the same time-frame.

That Diotrephes may have been the first Pope is a suggestion that should at the very least make you think of the abuses of the Catholic Church over the centuries...in that they have excommunicated righteous people in the inquisitions.

And it is also not necessarily a fable...for the concept that he was the first Pope is damaging to the Catholic hierarchy and therefore they may have done what they could do to cover it up...by omitting his name from the list of Popes in the historical records.

But I will admit that it is very likely that he was not the first Pope...because if the Christian church was Catholic from the beginning, it would have had to have been a holy church.

However a point can be made that the Catholic Church is not holy...and a point can be made that people in authority in the Catholic Church have committed the same sins as Diotrephes over the centuries in excommunicating righteous people.

So, you see, God worked out even this statement for good...in exposing a particular sin that has been in the Catholic Church for centuries. Whether Diotrephes was the first Pope or not, the suggestion that he might have been serves to do a service to those who are looking in to Catholicism.

And therefore it is spoken out of love for the ones to whom it is spoken.

Therefore, the concept that Diotrephes was the first Pope is more to be likened to the concept that Benedict Arnold was the first President...which is more far-fetched than the concept that Diotrephes was the first Pope.

But if the latter concept is also far-fetched from your pov, it is no danger to you or your church as a concept.

But if it has credibility because of the behaviour of the Catholic Church over the centuries, then you should consider the underlying realities that make it credible.

That Diotrephes was a man in authority in the early church is established by holy scripture (3 John 1:9-11); and that he also abused that power in excommunicating righteous people is established by the same scripture.

(In fact, while it is far-fetched to say that Benedict Arnold was the first President, it is less far-fetched to say that he was the head of the first confederacy. But still pretty far-fetched; since he was known to be a Traitor to everything American).

Therefore, if the idea that Diotrephes was the first Pope is on the same level, you have nothing to worry about in the Catholic Church (and therefore you didn't have to destroy all of those Jack T. Chick tracts that spoke of this matter to the people).

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still, not an out-and-out lie.
You need to repent of accusing me of lying in that instance.
"Perhaps" means "it may or may not be."
There is no possibility that Adolph Hitler was the first President; he did not live in the same time-frame.
That Diotrephes may have been the first Pope is a suggestion that should at the very least make you think of the abuses of the Catholic Church over the centuries...in that they have excommunicated righteous people in the inquisitions.

And it is also not necessarily a fable...for the concept that he was the first Pope is damaging to the Catholic hierarchy and therefore they may have done what they could do to cover it up...by omitting his name from the list of Popes in the historical records.

But I will admit that it is very likely that he was not the first Pope...because if the Christian church was Catholic from the beginning, it would have had to have been a holy church.

However a point can be made that the Catholic Church is not holy...and a point can be made that people in authority in the Catholic Church have committed the same sins as Diotrephes over the centuries in excommunicating righteous people.

So, you see, God worked out even this statement for good...in exposing a particular sin that has been in the Catholic Church for centuries. Whether Diotrephes was the first Pope or not, the suggestion that he might have been serves to do a service to those who are looking in to Catholicism.

And therefore it is spoken out of love for the ones to whom it is spoken.

Therefore, the concept that Diotrephes was the first Pope is more to be likened to the concept that Benedict Arnold was the first President...which is more far-fetched than the concept that Diotrephes was the first Pope.

But if the latter concept is also far-fetched from your pov, it is no danger to you or your church as a concept.

But if it has credibility because of the behaviour of the Catholic Church over the centuries, then you should consider the underlying realities that make it credible.

That Diotrephes was a man in authority in the early church is established by holy scripture (3 John 1:9-11); and that he also abused that power is established by the same scripture.

(In fact, while it is far-fetched to say that Benedict Arnold was the first President, it is less far-fetched to say that he was the head of the first confederacy. But still pretty far-fetched; since he was known to be a Traitor to everything American).

Therefore, if the idea that Diotrephes was the first Pope is on the same level, you have nothing to worry about in the Catholic Church (and therefore you didn't have to destroy all of those Jack T. Chick tracts that spoke of this matter to the people).
No - it's a LIE.
Rationalizing your sins doesn't make them "vanish" . . .

And while we're at it - NOTHING you say can be taken seriously because you LIE in almost every post.
From Post #67:
I am placing you on Ignore now.

From Post #70:
This is why I placed him on Ignore.

From Post #71:
(he's still on Ignore; but I thought that I would throw this his way).

From Post #81:

From Post #89:

What happened to placing me in "IGNORE"??
Is that a LIE - or just that you have no self control?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - it's a LIE.
Rationalizing your sins doesn't make them "vanish" . . .

And while we're at it - NOTHING you say can be taken seriously because you LIE in almost every post.
From Post #67:
I am placing you on Ignore now.

From Post #70:
This is why I placed him on Ignore.

From Post #71:
(he's still on Ignore; but I thought that I would throw this his way).

From Post #81:

From Post #89:

What happened to placing me in "IGNORE"??
Is that a LIE - or just that you have no self control?
Somehow I knew that you would continue to take on the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren in this also.

You have to know that there is an ignore button on the computer and that I did indeed press that button; so I also did not lie in this.

You are going to GET IT on the day of judgment.

In being an accuser you are being like the devil; he is very happy with you because you are doing his bidding.

Rev 12:10, And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11, And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Also, what happened to "no one is condemning you"?

You are accusing me and also seeking to condemn.

Shame on you!

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife told me to place you on Ignore when I really didn't want to do so, and I took her advice...but later thought better of it and did what I wanted to do.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Ti 2:24, And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
2Ti 2:25, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
2Ti 2:26, And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somehow I knew that you would continue to take on the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren in this also.

You have to know that there is an ignore button on the computer and that I did indeed press that button; so I also did not lie in this.
You are going to GET IT on the day of judgment.

In being an accuser you are being like the devil; he is very happy with you because you are doing his bidding.

Rev 12:10, And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11, And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Also, what happened to "no one is condemning you"?

You are accusing me and also seeking to condemn.

Shame on you!
And in judging MY soul, you've brought judgement on yourself.
Matt. 7:2
For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

Good luck with that . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in judging MY soul, you've brought judgement on yourself.
Matt. 7:2
For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

Good luck with that . . .
I didn't judge your soul...

Just like you didn't judge my soul.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in fact, @BreadOfLife, you have been meting out judgment here all along; and now you are complaining that it is meted back to you with the very scripture that told you in the first place that it would be. Which indicates that you knew that scripture. So why didn't you heed it in the first place?

And also, since your tongue has risen against me in judgment, it is the Lord's righteousness in me that leads me to condemn your tongue (Isaiah 54:17).

Yes, it is an exception to the rule of Luke 6:37 (in that I can now condemn without being condemned in return)...

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can say just as you can that I am merely judging righteous judgment according to John 7:24...

See Proverbs 26:4-5.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have, also, prayed for you; that the Lord would show you the error of your ways in order that you might repent and be saved.