The woman caught in adultery.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as I have educated you several times now - to perpetuate a lie is the SAME as making it up.
It's the sin of calumny - and it's worse than gossip.
Surely, you will be the One sitting on the throne on the day of my judgment...

You are worthy, O lord, for you are the one who died for my sins and has the right to judge all others...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you don't realize, @BreadOfLife,

is that the message in the OP speaks of those who desire to stone someone who did indeed sin;

And Jesus tells them that if any one of them is without sin, let him cast the first stone.

So, if you are going to continue to throw stones, it indicates that you are claiming to be without sin.

Now this is an ongoing debate here on these forums; but I believe that it is settled by the following verse:

1Jo 1:8, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Therefore you have no right to judge; since you yourself are not without sin.

You were apparently unaware of this truth in time past; but now you are being made aware of it.

So, change your ways because of it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Catholic Mass - we spend about 30-40 minutes being immersed in the Liturgy of the Word in order to prepare ourselves for Christ in the Eucharist.
Is it not better to spend time doing what we will be doing in all of heaven as preparation for being taught the word?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does this scripture speak to you? Or should I say what is it referring to?
Proverbs 18:21 KJV
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

I don't know, just wondering what your thoughts are?

I believe it means, that what you say, will bear fruit for life or for death. I'm not certain what "it" is referring to. Perhaps if you love the fruit of life you will eat the fruit of life; and if you love the fruit of death, you will eat the fruit of death.

This is why I placed him on Ignore.

Because not only have I given him a second admonition (after which it says to reject a man for his heresy, since he is self-condemned); but to continue in a discussion with him will only result in both of us saying things that bear fruit for death; and in such a case we would both eat the fruit of what we are speaking forth with our tongues.

I know that I am not completely blameless in my exchanges with him recently.

But I do know that my hope is in what Jesus did for me on the Cross and that my sins are underneath the blood.

Therefore, if anyone wants to dredge up what is underneath the blood, they are seeking to accuse as the accuser of the brethren, seeking condemnation for the soul of whom they are attempting to accuse; and in effect are accusing Jesus Christ Himself.

This is why it is my righteousness, which is of the Lord, that I am able to condemn @BreadOfLife's tongue for that it rose up against me in judgment (see Isaiah 54:17).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 6:37, Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Mat 6:14, For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15, But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

(he's still on Ignore; but I thought that I would throw this his way).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would anyone want to be a members of "your" church, when they are already member of His,
Yes, we're ALL aware of which sect YOU belong to . . .

new%20top%20graphic.jpg

GQEtqTurfBe3qgrp6

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The LORD rebuke you, accuser.
I plead the blood of Jesus over my sins.
If you do not accept the blood of Jesus on my behalf, it will never avail for you on your day of judgment.
Therefore, you stand condemned.
This is your second admonition according to Titus 3:10-11.
For your refusal to accept the blood of Jesus as being the forgiveness of a man's sins is indeed heresy.
You can plead whatever you like because NOBODY has condemned you.

You can repent of your sin ANY time you wish . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is another lie.
In the process of the thread in question, I caught you in six or more lies; and you denied that you lied in any of them...which is another lie.
You are over the top in the # of lies you have told on this forum...
And then you presume to judge others who have told three at the most, two of which can be shown to have been no lies at all; and one of which can be attributed to a repeat of misinformation. Not a deliberate lie as you keep accusing me of.
Look - I LISTED all of your lies individually - and corrected each one.
You have simply accused e of a number of lies - but you can't even quote one.

I've NEVER seen anybody get into such a snit over being exposed for lying.
Reminds me of the Pharisees whom Jesus rebuked in John 9:39-41 . . .

John 9:39-41
And Jesus said, For judgment came I into this world, that they that see not may see; and that they that see may become blind. Those of the Pharisees who were with him heard these things, and said unto him, Are we also blind? Jesus said unto them, If you were blind, you would have no sin: but now ye say, 'We see', so your sin remains.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Still like to know where the adulterous man was...
Wherever he may have been, it was immaterial.

Here is the motive for this incident: This they said, tempting [testing] Him, that they might have [something] to accuse Him [with]. (v 6)

The point was whether Jesus would uphold the Law of Moses or violate it. So it is more than likely that Christ wrote the actual law on the ground, to show them that they were being deceptive. The man should have been the first one to be accused.

So here is what Christ might have written on the ground:
כי־ימצא איש שכב ׀ עם־אשה בעלת־בעל ומתו גם־שניהם האיש השכב עם־האשה והאשה ובערת הרע מישראל׃ ס
If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel. (Deut 22:22)

It is important to note that in spite of overwhelming evidence that John 7:53-8:11 (The Woman Taken in Adultery) is authentic and a genuine part of the Gospel of John, modern rationalistic and naturalistic textual scholars have done their utmost to cast doubt on this passage. But Dean John William Burgon proved without the shadow a a doubt that this is Scripture. Modern textual scholars are not to be trusted.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 4:9, And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
Rev 4:10, The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The four and twenty elders consist of people of every tongue, tribe, people, and nation (Revelation 5:8-9):

And there are more than 24 nations on the face of the planet.

Therefore the number 24 is representative of Israel and the church (12 and 12).

And the heavenly occupation will be to worship God who liveth for ever and ever and to cast our crowns before His throne.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 4:9, And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
Rev 4:10, The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The four and twenty elders consist of people of every tongue, tribe, people, and nation (Revelation 5:8-9):

And there are more than 24 nations on the face of the planet.

Therefore the number 24 is representative of Israel and the church (12 and 12).

And the heavenly occupation will be to worship God who liveth for ever and ever and to cast our crowns before His throne.
Another interesting place to see this number 24 is in the levitical system. I could be wrong but I believe they were rotated every so often, I'll check into it

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was King David who divided those responsible for the music in temple services, those who served as priests, and the Levites who aided the priests, into 24 courses (1Chronicles 23 - 24). When a particular course of priests served they usually divided their work amongst themselves by lot.

The order which the 24 courses of priests served in the temple are: 1) Jehoiarib; 2) Jedaiah; 3) Harim; 4) Seorim; 5) Malchijah; 6) Mijamin; 7) Hakkoz; 8) Abijah; 9) Jeshua; 10) Shecaniah; 11) Eliashib; 12) Jakim; 13) Huppah; 14) Jeshebeab; 15) Bilgah; 16) Immer; 17) Hezir; 18) Happizzez; 19) Pethahiah; 20) Jehezkel; 21) Jachin; 22) Gamul; 23) Delaiah; 24) Maaziah (1Chronicles 24).