The word “HAS”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
You are the one that says we are made perfect by the Spirit and then indicates that your flesh can never sin because you are waliking in the spirit.

I conclude that you will not admit that as long as you live in sinful flesh you still sin.

You have a problem as to what it means to walk in the Spirit. -- A child of God who is endwelled by the Holy Spirit is walking in that same Spirit. That is why Paul said "if they have the Holy Spirit." --- But the flesh follows the law of the sinful nature and will do so until it dies.

You are really a piece of work. You preach to all they can be sinless in the flesh and then you say that you have never said you are sinless. Then you say it is your job to kick, prod, insist that others can be sinless too if they try hard enough and all the while you know you are not sinless in the flesh.

Yes you are. You keep saying we can, by our efforts, walk sinless while living in sinful flesh.

The child of God is born of the Spirit of God and can not sin. However his/her flesh has a sinful nature because it was born of the flesh and will sin. The flesh still follows the law of sin.

We can be sinless while IN the body, by putting to death the FLESH NATURE. This is what you cannot understand; they are two different things.

Otherwise, you are once again saying that the flesh is more powerful than the spirit... It goes perfectly with your denial of the power of Christ in us!

As long as I walk by the power of the fallen nature, I sin, yes. But that is not the same as walking in a mortal body. We are freed from the power of the carnal nature NOW, as Paul tells us, and yet our literal body is not dead.

If they are one, as you suggest, the body and the sinful nature, then if you will obey what Paul says, you must crucify yourself! But you know it does not mean this... Rather we crucify the nature, and walk by the new. And then may I ask, is the new nature, Christ, sinful? Of course not.