The word is spoken in a mystery

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 10, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=medium]Paul said in [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]1 Corinthians 2:7[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:” I see a lot of people who struggle with the symbolisms in scripture, like the book of Revelation and many other symbolic prophetic parts of scripture. This is because they do have the mind of wisdom given to us by the Holy Spirit of God to understand the many mysteries contained in many parts of scripture. Paul called it the wisdom of God, meaning it comes from God, and not from any man. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]This understanding is not given to everyone who reads and studies the Bible, but only those whom the Lord has chosen to reveal these mysteries to. Jesus said [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Mark 4:11[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]God plainly said he spoke by the prophets in similitudes in [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Hosea 12:10[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.” It is written in Psalm 78:1-2 “Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.2 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:”[/SIZE] And also Solomon who was given the Spirit of wisdom by God said in Proverbs 1:5-6 “A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:[SIZE=small]6 [/SIZE]To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.”

[SIZE=medium]Jesus as well spoke in similitudes, parables, and dark sayings…. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Mark 4:30[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it? [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Matthew 13:34-35[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Even in the book of Revelation you will hear words like here is wisdom, and let him that has understanding [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Revelation 13:18[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and here is the mind that has wisdom in [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Revelation 17:9[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. So where does this mind of wisdom and understanding in all these similitudes, proverbs, parables, mysteries, and dark sayings come from? This mind of wisdom can only be given to man by God. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]James 1:5[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” But we are also told we must ask in faith.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]But the natural man or carnally[/SIZE] minded man will try to take the many similitudes, symbolisms, and mysteries at face value, because that is what he knows naturally. God told Samuel man judges based on outward appearances in [SIZE=medium]1 Samuel 16:7[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] And both the Lord and Paul said judge not by outward appearances [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]John 7:24[/SIZE][SIZE=medium], [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]2 Corinthians 10:7[/SIZE][SIZE=medium].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]And even if a natural man, or carnally[/SIZE] minded man is given the proper interpretation by a person of the Spirit, they still will not be able to receive it because it is spiritually discerned.

[SIZE=medium]1 Corinthians 2:6-14 “Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom[/SIZE] of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:[SIZE=small]7 [/SIZE]But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
[SIZE=medium]8 [/SIZE]Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.[SIZE=small]9 [/SIZE]But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.[SIZE=small]10 [/SIZE]But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
[SIZE=medium]11 [/SIZE]For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.[SIZE=small]12 [/SIZE]Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
[SIZE=medium]13 [/SIZE]Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.[SIZE=small]14 [/SIZE]But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

[SIZE=medium]Understand this; a man can receive nothing concerning the spiritual things of God unless it is given to him from heaven above.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]It is the Lord who has the keys of knowledge to open up the doors to the many mysteries found in His words.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Isaiah 22:22[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Revelation 3:7[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man[/SIZE] openeth;”

[SIZE=medium]But all you need to do is ask, seek, and knock on the door in faith…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Matthew 7:7[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]-8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knock[/SIZE]eth it shall be opened.”

[SIZE=medium]Peace and God bless.[/SIZE]