Intimacy with Jesus thru Overcoming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Intimacy with Jesus thru Overcoming

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, [even] our faith.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

James 1:21-25
Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
For he sees himself, and goes his way, and straightway forgets what manner of man he was.
But whoso looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

James 1:12
Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

If, as the extreme grace teachers claim, we are going to Heaven regardless of our lifestyle... then why is the Lord telling us there is reward for enduring / overcoming temptation? Why would it matter if we are going to Heaven anyway?

Revelation 3:21
To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 5:5
Who is he that overcomes the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Revelation 3:5 - He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Sounds here as though Jesus is saying... overcoming is a requirement! Walking in the Spirit is overcoming the flesh. Walk in the Spirit and you'll not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Those that are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. Sin shall not have dominion over you.

Revelation 2:14-27
But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

Revelation 2:17
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows saving he that receives.

John 8:31,32
If ye continue in My Word
, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Revelation 21:7,8
He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whore mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By, through, of, IN Him…

1 John 2:
[13] I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
[14] I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Glory to God,
Taken