The Word of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
So this was the reason it was so important for me to realize Who the Word of God is... and what the bible is...

Back in the day I was reading Ecclesiastes... oh my gosh... when I read Solomon's views I almost wanted to quit... it was like everything I had ever heard promised in Jesus I had just been told not to believe... but it was the bible... the "Word of God"... and the "Word of God" had to be right... but how could it be right... it was contradicting itself... it was obvious Jesus and Solomon weren't in agreement... and I felt totally and completely confused and discouraged...

That was until I realized Jesus is the Word of God and Solomon was just a man... and even though he was the wisest man and the king of Isreal... he was still just a man...

After that I was going through a tough time and I read Ecclesiastes again... this time instead of looking at the bible to be the Word of God teaching me I looked at Ecclesiastes as a writing... a writing by the wisest man ever... the king of isreal... someone who had it all.. and even though he had it all he was confused, disparing, doubting, etc... in that the Spirit gave me comfort... understanding that I'm not alone... and that even the wisest, richest, most powerful man who had it all felt just like I felt at times... I found comfort in that...

So I wasn't discounting Ecclesiastes... I just wasn't believing what people told me to believe about it... I no longer believed it was the word of God... but I did believe it was what it was... a writing by a man who was struggling just like me... a man pooring out his heart and being honest about how he felt... and it felt so comforting to know I wasn't alone in my struggles... and in that the Word of God in me gave me comfort...

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
So I wasn't discounting Ecclesiastes... I just wasn't believing what people told me to believe about it... I no longer believed it was the word of God... but I did believe it was what it was... a writing by a man who was struggling just like me... a man pooring out his heart and being honest about how he felt... and it felt so comforting to know I wasn't alone in my struggles... and in that the Word of God in me gave me comfort...

It is from Jesus the Word of God in Ecclesiastes, what Solomon wrote. The Bible says God gave Solomon the wisdom he has. God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore 1 Kings 4:29. In Ecclesiastes, it says Solomon devoted himself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven (see Ecclesiastes). So you see, it is still Jesus.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Do you have some verses to back up your statements in red?
2 Tim 3:1
[sup]1[/sup] But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: [sup]2[/sup] For men will be lovers of themselves,
Not a doubt in my mind you love yourself. I'm pretty certain the spirit in you keeps your ego pumped up as well but not toooooo much.

[font="tahoma][size="2"]Love is the Kingdom and the work of the Kingdom. We are indeed called to love our neighbors as ourselves - which should be a freeing awesome commandment - not some slog though false humility about how we really shouldn't love ourselves tooooo much. If you really know yourself you will learn patience, kindness, and empathy for others. And the true way to know yourself is to know God - once you feel God's love for you, it is impossible not to love yourself.

You are totally taking it out of context. Will you provide biblical evidence that Jesus was speaking of the tradition of the law. I think Jesus said not to love your parents more than him. not hate your parents. But the love train says differently.

You are totally missing the correct interpretation of hating your parents and family - Jesus is talking about hating the tradition we grow up in. The people He was talking to were raised to believe the law - He was trying to show them a new way to think and feel - love is the new standard. Break away from old ways of thinking about heritage and identity and religion.

Oops is on you, nowhere does it say to hate your parents. Is this aspens translation? You really do hate the bibles message. You can't even properly quote it.
Mt 10:37
[/size][/font][sup]37[/sup] He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
[font="tahoma][size="2"]
Also, Jesus didn't say love your enemies lesser than you love your friends which is lesser than you love your family (oops - we are supposed to hate our family), which is lesser than you love God. Why are you trying to make this so complicated? These are the mental gymnastics I refuse to do - it is a waste of time - we are supposed to be loving.

Knowing yourself is knowing your unworthy of Gods love. It has nothing to do with loving yourself. It has everything to do with knowing how helpless you are beside God.
Also, knowing yourself and knowing God are the keys to loving yourself and true humility, which is to know your strength and weaknesses.

Ego is not in short supply in people that love themselves. As I said before.
[/size][/font]The two commands to love God and love others as yourself are very different. People that fire up the love train at every piece of doctrine they don't like are simply not interested in hearing it and try to convict you, to shut you up. Why? Because aspen has his own opinion, hes also very good at changing Jesus words from not to love your family more than me. To aspens translation, hate your family, oops, [font="tahoma][color="#000000"]toot toot make way for the aspen love train. [/color][/font]aspen has so much love he changed Jesus word love to hate in Matthew 10:37 toot ---toot love train coming threw

Your ploy to convict me for not climbing aboard your love train is all to easy to see threw. That compounded by your miss quoting scripture along with your ideas that have no scriptural support revel your true colors. But I understand your in love with yourself. Maybe some day you will see just yourself for what you are. Completely useless out side of God.
[font="tahoma][size="2"]
1. If reading the Bible is feeding your ego and encouraging to accuse those around you rather than love, you are in trouble because accusing is the role of the Devil, not man.

2. If we are not loving (practicing our sanctification) it doesn't matter how many verses we memorize we are going to miss the Messiah on His return trip - just like the Pharisees and Sadducees did during His first trip - they knew their scriptures, but the couldn't recognized the source of them starring them in the face because they forgot the most important part of their religion - love.

[/size][/font]

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have some verses to back up your statements in red?
2 Tim 3:1
[sup]1[/sup] But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: [sup]2[/sup] For men will be lovers of themselves,
Not a doubt in my mind you love yourself. I'm pretty certain the spirit in you keeps your ego pumped up as well but not toooooo much.

[/b]You are totally taking it out of context. Will you provide biblical evidence that Jesus was speaking of the tradition of the law. I think Jesus said not to love your parents more than him. not hate your parents. But the love train says differently.

Oops is on you, nowhere does it say to hate your parents. Is this aspens translation? You really do hate the bibles message. You can't even properly quote it.
Mt 10:37
[/color][/size][/font][sup]37[/sup] He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
[font="tahoma][size="2"]

Knowing yourself is knowing your unworthy of Gods love. It has nothing to do with loving yourself. It has everything to do with knowing how helpless you are beside God.

Ego is not in short supply in people that love themselves. As I said before.
[/size][/font]The two commands to love God and love others as yourself are very different. People that fire up the love train at every piece of doctrine they don't like are simply not interested in hearing it and try to convict you, to shut you up. Why? Because aspen has his own opinion, hes also very good at changing Jesus words from not to love your family more than me. To aspens translation, hate your family, oops, [font="tahoma][color="#000000"]toot toot make way for the aspen love train. [/color][/font]aspen has so much love he changed Jesus word love to hate in Matthew 10:37 toot ---toot love train coming threw

Your ploy to convict me for not climbing aboard your love train is all to easy to see threw. That compounded by your miss quoting scripture along with your ideas that have no scriptural support revel your true colors. But I understand your in love with yourself. Maybe some day you will see just yourself for what you are. Completely useless out side of God.
[font="tahoma][size="2"]

[/size][/font]

[font="Verdana][size="2"]Luke 14:26
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana] [/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]Actually, people who hate themselves are usually full of false humility and false pride - it is called Narcissism - google it if you are interested[/size][/font]

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Anastacia... will you please not quote me out of context... if you're going to respond to me... please quote the entirety of my post or don't quote me at all... I'd appreciate it... thanks...

I know that God gave Solomon wisdom but it's pretty obvious the guy was still was a blow it and didn't understand certain things... Have you ever read Ecclesiastes Anastacia? I'm not talking about studying it with some pastor taking a sentence and cross referencing it with a bunch of other scriptures... I'm talking about reading it like it was written... listening to Solomon poor his heart out?

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
So this was the reason it was so important for me to realize Who the Word of God is... and what the bible is...

Back in the day I was reading Ecclesiastes... oh my gosh... when I read Solomon's views I almost wanted to quit... it was like everything I had ever heard promised in Jesus I had just been told not to believe... but it was the bible... the "Word of God"... and the "Word of God" had to be right... but how could it be right... it was contradicting itself... it was obvious Jesus and Solomon weren't in agreement... and I felt totally and completely confused and discouraged...

That was until I realized Jesus is the Word of God and Solomon was just a man... and even though he was the wisest man and the king of Isreal... he was still just a man...

After that I was going through a tough time and I read Ecclesiastes again... this time instead of looking at the bible to be the Word of God teaching me I looked at Ecclesiastes as a writing... a writing by the wisest man ever... the king of isreal... someone who had it all.. and even though he had it all he was confused, disparing, doubting, etc... in that the Spirit gave me comfort... understanding that I'm not alone... and that even the wisest, richest, most powerful man who had it all felt just like I felt at times... I found comfort in that...

Solomon s conclusion. After not denying his desire anything vanity he ends up here.
The last two verses in Eccl 12
[sup]
13[/sup] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is man’s all.
[sup]14[/sup] For God will bring every work into judgment,
Including every secret thing,
Whether good or evil.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
[font="Verdana][size="2"]Luke 14:26
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana] [/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]Actually, people who hate themselves are usually full of false humility and false pride - it is called Narcissism - google it if you are interested[/size][/font]

Why thank you aspen. Im glad you quoted Luke, I chose to quote Matthew.
As you can see Luke says even your own life. Now is this contrary to the teaching of the love train. How many times did you tell people on board the love train to love themselves in your post above? These can not be Jesus disciple. So now we know your not a disciple of Jesus, your the fireman on the love train toot toot.

On the contrary. It looks like your ego is the one miss quoting the bible. Miss quoting God was Satin first recorded lie.
[font="tahoma][size="2"]
1. If reading the Bible is feeding your ego and encouraging to accuse those around you rather than love, you are in trouble because accusing is the role of the Devil, not man.

[/size][/font]

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah... and even in that I find a veiled revelation which isn't the fullness of God's Word, Jesus...

Not to mention all the other stuff he talks about which is in disagreement with Jesus...

But I don't trip that he disagrees with Jesus because Solomon and his venting in Ecclesiastes isn't God's Word... he's a man just like me who's struggling and pouring his heart out... and I thank him for doing that... and I thank God that the bible has that writing in it because there was a time I really needed to hear that...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you can see Luke says even your own life. Now is this contrary to the teaching of the love train. How many times did you tell people on board the love train to love themselves in your post above? These can not be Jesus disciple. So now we know your not a disciple of Jesus, your the fireman on the love train toot toot.

"Loving your life" in this context is loving the Old Man / Ego / Worldly Self - in order to be a disciple of Christ we need to throw off the Old Man according to Jesus and echoed by Paul.

I accept your apology :)

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Good understanding Aspen... the only life we should hate is that life which doesn't come from Him which is really just death disguised as life... we should love the life that comes from Him and give thanks every day... He came that we could have life... hating that life would be hating the gift of God...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good understanding Aspen... the only life we should hate is that life which doesn't come from Him which is really just death disguised as life... we should love the life that comes from Him and give thanks every day... He came that we could have life... hating that life would be hating the gift of God...

AMEN and AMEN!!!

I took your quote :)

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
"Loving your life" in this context is loving the Old Man / Ego / Worldly Self - in order to be a disciple of Christ we need to throw off the Old Man according to Jesus and echoed by Paul.

I accept your apology :)

Here you go read my apology again, I don't want you miss anything.

On the contrary. It looks like your ego is the one miss quoting the bible. Miss quoting God was Satin first recorded lie.
[font="tahoma][size="2"]

[/size][/font]

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Anastacia... will you please not quote me out of context... if you're going to respond to me... please quote the entirety of my post or don't quote me at all... I'd appreciate it... thanks...

I know that God gave Solomon wisdom but it's pretty obvious the guy was still was a blow it and didn't understand certain things... Have you ever read Ecclesiastes Anastacia? I'm not talking about studying it with some pastor taking a sentence and cross referencing it with a bunch of other scriptures... I'm talking about reading it like it was written... listening to Solomon poor his heart out?

I didn't quote you out of context. I quoted exactly what you wrote---and the main issue of what you wrote that I wanted to comment on. I can quote everything you post, or I can quote two words of what you say. I can do that. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't talk to me like you did here. I think you are trying to be rude when you ask if I've ever read Ecclesiastes, and if I read it to your liking. That type of questions to me really tell me is that I hurt your feelings. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings....after you opened up about an experience you shared. But I didn't mean to make you feel bad. Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes from his understanding and wisdom---the understanding and wisdom that God gave him. That's the Word of God. You want to take a whole book from the Bible and say it isn't God's word. But it is, and I wanted to speak up about it. I guess I became your enemy by telling you the truth.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Say Robbie did you read this post from the first page. Surfs up dude don't get wiped out.

My own observation from the writings of the bible is it tells us that men failed to understand Jesus the Law and the prophets. You can see this same theme played out over and over. The testimony of Jesus directly speaking and teaching is that many didn't understand. Paul says the the prophets spoke of things they didn't completely understand but was latter reveled. Danial was told to close the book, it was for the end that it will the be known. The Pharisees were reprimanded for not understanding. The things written in the bible were first spoken, it easy to deduct that great conversations took place in reguard to these words. What we don't see in the scripture is men questioning it, even those that didn't recognize Jesus as the one scripture pointed to, never questioned the words recorded in the bible.

Is there a message in this observation? I believe there is. There were and are many that accepted the entire written record of the bible yet failed to recognize to whom it was pointing to, even when Jesus stood before them recounting the very words they held in reverence. By following this example, how much more should we turn a blind eye and a death ear to those that question the written record? To those that wish to edit the bible to satisfy a personal desire you are in greater condemnation than the scribes and pharisees. It's dificult enought dealing with teachers that twist or interpret passages then apply that to the whole of scripture ignoring the passages that conflict with their interpretation. I have no time or place to entertain others that openly deny all or part of the Bible. Its the very means you all claim to know of salvation in the first place.

Can any of you anti bible "Christians" tell me how you came to know of salvation aside of the bible? If no one can answer this question, I suggest you reflect on the fact that you blasphemy the very book that you claim to have come to the knowledge of God to begin with. Apply this verse to the bible, can both fresh and salt water flow from the same spring? Those that think it can deceive themselves. The truth is not in them.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Hey Jacob... hope you don't take this the wrong way but how about laying off a little on saying stuff like how because you disagree with Aspen on a point that you know she's not a student of Jesus... I mean how many things were the disciples wrong about even after Jesus had died on the cross and rose again... we're all works in progress buddy... you're kind of calling people weeds and the Lord said we wont know that tell the time of the harvest...

Trying to understand each other and trying to have others understand us is fine... but beating the heck out of each other over different views does nothing but hurt everyone...

Hope this blesses...

PS: I'm not trying to single you out... when I say this I'm speaking to myself... let's love each other... we can share different beliefs without our ego and pride lashing out...

I didn't quote you out of context. I quoted exactly what you wrote---and the main issue of what you wrote that I wanted to comment on. I can quote everything you post, or I can quote two words of what you say. I can do that. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't talk to me like you did here. I think you are trying to be rude when you ask if I've ever read Ecclesiastes, and if I read it to your liking. That type of questions to me really tell me is that I hurt your feelings. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings....after you opened up about an experience you shared. But I didn't mean to make you feel bad. Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes from his understanding and wisdom---the understanding and wisdom that God gave him. That's the Word of God. You want to take a whole book from the Bible and say it isn't God's word. But it is, and I wanted to speak up about it. I guess I became your enemy by telling you the truth.

Nah... you didn't hurt my feelings at all... that's your assumption... it's wrong... so everything you wrote in response to your assumption I'll disregard...

You're not my enemy... the enemy is the one in our heads that wants us to be enemies... I reject him... I love you...

And yes you did quote me out of context... you picked a part out of what I wrote... quote it all or nothing... that's my request... please do what I ask... (I'm going to start a new topic about this subject... if you wish we can talk more about it there... lets not derail this topic)

And no... Solomon's understanding wasn't the Word of God... because what he said isn't true... and God's Word is always true...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Say Robbie did you read this post from the first page. Surfs up dude don't get wiped out.

My own observation from the writings of the bible is it tells us that men failed to understand Jesus the Law and the prophets. You can see this same theme played out over and over. The testimony of Jesus directly speaking and teaching is that many didn't understand. Paul says the the prophets spoke of things they didn't completely understand but was latter reveled. Danial was told to close the book, it was for the end that it will the be known. The Pharisees were reprimanded for not understanding. The things written in the bible were first spoken, it easy to deduct that great conversations took place in reguard to these words. What we don't see in the scripture is men questioning it, even those that didn't recognize Jesus as the one scripture pointed to, never questioned the words recorded in the bible.

Is there a message in this observation? I believe there is. There were and are many that accepted the entire written record of the bible yet failed to recognize to whom it was pointing to, even when Jesus stood before them recounting the very words they held in reverence. By following this example, how much more should we turn a blind eye and a death ear to those that question the written record? To those that wish to edit the bible to satisfy a personal desire you are in greater condemnation than the scribes and pharisees. It's dificult enought dealing with teachers that twist or interpret passages then apply that to the whole of scripture ignoring the passages that conflict with their interpretation. I have no time or place to entertain others that openly deny all or part of the Bible. Its the very means you all claim to know of salvation in the first place.

Can any of you anti bible "Christians" tell me how you came to know of salvation aside of the bible? If no one can answer this question, I suggest you reflect on the fact that you blasphemy the very book that you claim to have come to the knowledge of God to begin with. Apply this verse to the bible, can both fresh and salt water flow from the same spring? Those that think it can deceive themselves. The truth is not in them.

Jacob,

Why do you feel the need to mock? Do you have to make sure all thoughts that conflict with yours be mocked? No one here is anti-Bible / no one here believes that some sort of hypie, worldly, all-accepting love is the same as the love Jesus preached . I am not sure why you are so angry?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Hey Jacob... hope you don't take this the wrong way but how about laying off a little on saying stuff like how because you disagree with Aspen on a point that you know she's not a student of Jesus... I mean how many things were the disciples wrong about even after Jesus had died on the cross and rose again... we're all works in progress buddy... you're kind of calling people weeds and the Lord said we wont know that tell the time of the harvest...

Trying to understand each other and trying to have others understand us is fine... but beating the heck out of each other over different views does nothing but hurt everyone...

Hope this blesses...

PS: I'm not trying to single you out... when I say this I'm speaking to myself... let's love each other... we can share different beliefs without our ego and pride lashing out...

Nah... you didn't hurt my feelings at all... that's your assumption... it's wrong... so everything you wrote in response to your assumption I'll disregard...

You're not my enemy... the enemy is the one in our heads that wants us to be enemies... I reject him... I love you...

And yes you did quote me out of context... you picked a part out of what I wrote... quote it all or nothing... that's my request... please do what I ask... (I'm going to start a new topic about this subject... if you wish we can talk more about it there... lets not derail this topic)

And no... Solomon's understanding wasn't the Word of God... because what he said isn't true... and God's Word is always true...

I don't have an enemy in my head....now who has assumptions? You spoke rudely to me. I either hurt your feelings, or you just get rude when anyone goes against your beliefs. I didn't quote you out of context. I don't have to quote your whole post---where in the world have you been to think we have to quote everything Robbie posts?

And Solomon's understanding was from God---that's what the Bible says. Oh yeah, but you pick and choose what you believe is God's word in the Bible.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011

Hope this blesses...

He / she is the one that openly dismisses the bible. Now you go right ahead on get on board with her and tell her every things going to be all right. toot toot. I don't think anything else needs to be said any way. She even said God loves the serpent from Gen.
And do not worry about the serpent - God loves him already - He loves his entire creation -

You know, it is interesting - the Jewish people did not recognize Jesus as the Messiah because they were expecting a warrior and Jesus was a lover. Perhaps the same thing will happen in the Christian world when Jesus returns. It sure would humble a lot of hearts and piss off a lot of self righteous people.
Im sure God likes the, God love the serpent part as well. I don't suppose you would consider humbling yourself as well. God love the serpent I can't want to see His reply to that. ;)

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
How is asking you if you've ever really read Ecclesiastes for yourself insulting? haha... I have so many friends who have gone to church they're whole life and never read the bible for themselves...

And I personally understand that false assumptions and accusations against my brethren in my head come from the enemy... but if you want to own responsibility for them go ahead... once I realized it wasn't me I found it much easier not to listen... and yes... what you're saying about me is false...

Solomon's understanding in Ecclesiastes wasn't from God.. it was from despair...

And no... I don't pick and choose what's God's Word... God chose when He manifested Him in the flesh... The Word of God's name is Jesus...

and yes... if you're going to quote me quote all of me... or quote nothing...

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Jacob,

Why do you feel the need to mock? Do you have to make sure all thoughts that conflict with yours be mocked? No one here is anti-Bible / no one here believes that some sort of hypie, worldly, all-accepting love is the same as the love Jesus preached . I am not sure why you are so angry?

Take a look at the post at the top of this page and tell me who is mocking. Your simply trying to divert the responsibility for the flow of the conversation on to me.
Heres your first post in this thread.

The self-righteous anger on this thread is stifling - where is it coming from? It is like a putrid smell.

Looks to me like you came in mocking, and self righteous as well.