The Word of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Hey Jacob... I didn't ask you to accuse Aspen... I asked you to listen to the Lord and not say what she was before the time... who knows what the Lord's doing in her heart... I don't... and neither do you... I'm sure there's beliefs about Aspen's I don't agree with... and it's possible in 10 years there's things about Aspens beliefs that she herself might not agree with... the point being not to be quick to judge... I mean I've had people say pretty heavy stuff towards me on here... but honestly I have no idea who they are or where they'll end up... I just do my best to share my beliefs and listen to others...

As far as the serpent... while I wouldn't even discuss how God feels about Him because that's not my burden... I'm sure it broke God's heart when the creation He loved rebelled = (

on another note... the surfer remark was kind of condescending and I did feel like you were mocking me = (

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
My replies to Robbie in blue.
How is asking you if you've ever really read Ecclesiastes for yourself insulting? haha... I have so many friends who have gone to church they're whole life and never read the bible for themselves...
Play like that then. Be rude all you want. And don't assume things about me because you have "so many friends who have gone to church they're whole life and never read the bible for themselves..."

And I personally understand that false assumptions and accusations against my brethren in my head come from the enemy... but if you want to own responsibility for them go ahead... once I realized it wasn't me I found it much easier not to listen... and yes... what you're saying about me is false...
I guess the assumptions you made about me tonight came from the enemy in your head. Did he make you type it out too? lol Robbie, some Christians are matured and have dealt along time ago with thinking bad about others.

Solomon's understanding in Ecclesiastes wasn't from God.. it was from despair...
The Bible says exactly that Solomon's understanding was from God. You are arguing against the Word of God.

And no... I don't pick and choose what's God's Word... God chose when He manifested Him in the flesh... The Word of God's name is Jesus...
You prove here with evidence that you pick and choose what's God's Word---You pick Ecclesiastes to be NOT from God's Word.

and yes... if you're going to quote me quote all of me... or quote nothing...
Toughen up, because you might see me quote some or all of what you say.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Hey Jacob... I didn't ask you to accuse Aspen... I asked you to listen to the Lord and not say what she was before the time... who knows what the Lord's doing in her heart... I don't... and neither do you... I'm sure there's beliefs about Aspen's I don't agree with... and it's possible in 10 years there's things about Aspens beliefs that she herself might not agree with... the point being not to be quick to judge... I mean I've had people say pretty heavy stuff towards me on here... but honestly I have no idea who they are or where they'll end up... I just do my best to share my beliefs and listen to others...

As far as the serpent... while I wouldn't even discuss how God feels about Him because that's not my burden... I'm sure it broke God's heart when the creation He loved rebelled = (

on another note... the surfer remark was kind of condescending and I did feel like you were mocking me = (

Like I said in my first post Robbie I have no time to entertain People that say the bible is not inspired by God. You have made your position clear and I guess that includes you as well

You did read in my post that the Pharisees believed every word in the OT was Gods word. They also didn't understand it as well. So how should Christians respond to people that don't believe the bible is inspired? I think their condemnation is greater than the Pharisees they simply didn't understand but never denied the word of God. You and aspen on the other hand nether understand or accept Gods inspired word.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Where did I say the bible wasn't inspired by God? obviously... The whole bible is about God...

I do accept the bible... I just don't accept what some people label the bible as... because that name belongs to Jesus... in the beginning a book wasn't spinning around in space.. in the beginning a book wasn't God... a book wasn't manifested in the flesh and dwelt among us... all things weren't made through a book... and in revelation the One sitting on a horse who's robe was dipped in blood wasn't a book... He was Jesus... The Word of God is Jesus...

Now you can accuse me of not accepting the bible because I won't give it the name of the Word of God... but the reason I'm not giving it the name of the Word of God is because I accept what the bible says... and it says that name belongs to Jesus and I agree with that testimony.

This is starting to feel circular and negative...

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Maybe you missed my understanding of Gods love in this post near the top of page 2.

Unconditional love is not the teaching of the OT or NT. Jesus expressed this idea in John 17. He prayed for His disciples and those that would come to know him in the future. What this shows is God has different degrees of love. He is seen here expressing a love to those that know him along with those that would. I suggest you look at the several Greek words that translate to the single word love. Do you love your dog or your car in the same degree you love God? I highly doubt it. In the same manner we see Jesus loving his own in a different degree than the rest of the world. Just as we have seen it played out in this thread about believing the whole bible or selected passages.
I am not called to love those that disagree with God in the same manner I love God. If we were everyone would be acceptant of everything. I can not accept everything from anyone In the same manner I accept the sovereignty of God and His judgments. Its a completely foolish notion.

To The the Disciples. Notice his exclusion of the rest of the world. I do not pray for the world

[sup]6[/sup] “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. [sup]7[/sup] Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. [sup]8[/sup] For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.
[sup]9[/sup] “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. [sup]10[/sup] And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. [sup]11[/sup] Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me,[sup][b][/sup] that they may be one as We are. [sup]12[/sup] While I was with them in the world,[sup][c][/sup] I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept;[sup][d][/sup] and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. [sup]13[/sup] But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. [sup]14[/sup] I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. [sup]15[/sup] I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. [sup]16[/sup] They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. [sup]17[/sup] Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. [sup]18[/sup] As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. [sup]19[/sup] And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

To the future disciples

[sup]20[/sup] “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will[sup][e][/sup] believe in Me through their word; [sup]21[/sup] that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. [sup]22[/sup] And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: [sup]23[/sup] I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
[sup]24[/sup] “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. [sup]25[/sup] O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. [sup]26[/sup] And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

It looks to me like Gods love places those that know him in higher re-guard or degree than the rest of the world. I my opinion its the same with me loving God, I love God to a much higher degree than worldly goods, like my home, car, fancy watch ect. Do you still believe God loves the serpent in the same manner as the children he redeemed? If you do you don't have a clue about love.

Where did I say the bible wasn't inspired by God? obviously... The whole bible is about God...

I do accept the bible... I just don't accept what some people label the bible as... because that name belongs to Jesus... in the beginning a book wasn't spinning around in space.. in the beginning a book wasn't God... a book wasn't manifested in the flesh and dwelt among us... all things weren't made through a book... and in revelation the One sitting on a horse who's robe was dipped in blood wasn't a book... He was Jesus... The Word of God is Jesus...

Now you can accuse me of not accepting the bible because I won't give it the name of the Word of God... but the reason I'm not giving it the name of the Word of God is because I accept what the bible says... and it says that name belongs to Jesus and I agree with that testimony.

This is starting to feel circular and negative...

post #41
And yes you called it the word of God.

So I wasn't discounting Ecclesiastes... I just wasn't believing what people told me to believe about it... I no longer believed it was the word of God... but I did believe it was what it was... a writing by a man who was struggling just like me... a man pooring out his heart and being honest about how he felt... and it felt so comforting to know I wasn't alone in my struggles... and in that the Word of God in me gave me comfort...

Its not starting to feel like one your are one. First you say you no longer believe its the word of God. Then you forget you said it. Yes your going in circles.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
No... you misunderstood me... when I said..

The Bible... "The Word of God"

and quoted, "The Word of God" the reason I quoted it was because that's what I had been taught... I was quoting people who had told me that's what it was... and letting you know that's what was confusing when I read Solomon's vent in Ecclesiastes...

I wasn't calling it that... even though I will come to Jesus in the bible and call Him that...

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
No... you misunderstood me... when I said..

The Bible... "The Word of God"

and quoted, "The Word of God" the reason I quoted it was because that's what I had been taught... I was quoting people who had told me that's what it was... and letting you know that's what was confusing when I read Solomon's vent in Ecclesiastes...

I wasn't calling it that... even though I will come to Jesus in the bible and call Him that...

Robbie, Read this scripture:

1 Kings 4:29 God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore.

Now read what Solomon says about writing Ecclesiastes:

Ecclesiastes 1:13 I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men!

Did you see that? Solomon devoted himself to study and to explore by "wisdom" all that is done under heaven....wisdom that came from God. You say Solomon wrote from his despair---but how could Solomon know of such despair of man---if God did not give him the wisdom to see it and write about it?

Ecclesiastes is a book in the Bible, and it's the word of God.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding and Solomon studied... that doesn't mean when Solomon spoke or wrote it was God's Word or that Solomon understood perfectly... He saw God through a veil just like everyone else back then... for instance I personally don't believe what's written below is in agreement with the Word of God... Jesus... yet I do understand why he was feeling the way he was according to his limited understanding and seeing God through a veil... I can relate to how he was feeling...

So I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God’s hands, but no one knows whether love or hate awaits them. [sup]2[/sup] All share a common destiny—the righteous and the wicked, the good and the bad, the clean and the unclean, those who offer sacrifices and those who do not. As it is with the good,
so with the sinful;
as it is with those who take oaths,
so with those who are afraid to take them.

[sup]3[/sup] This is the evil in everything that happens under the sun: The same destiny overtakes all. The hearts of people, moreover, are full of evil and there is madness in their hearts while they live, and afterward they join the dead. [sup]4[/sup] Anyone who is among the living has hope even a live dog is better off than a dead lion!

[sup]5[/sup] For the living know that they will die,
but the dead know nothing;
they have no further reward,
and even their name is forgotten.
[sup]6[/sup] Their love, their hate
and their jealousy have long since vanished;
never again will they have a part
in anything that happens under the sun.

[sup]7[/sup] Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do. [sup]8[/sup] Always be clothed in white, and always anoint your head with oil. [sup]9[/sup] Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun. [sup]10[/sup] Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

Ecclesiastes is a book in the bible and I thank God it is but it's not God's Word... Jesus is...

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Can any of you anti bible "Christians" tell me how you came to know of salvation aside of the bible? If no one can answer this question, I suggest you reflect on the fact that you blasphemy the very book that you claim to have come to the knowledge of God to begin with. Apply this verse to the bible, can both fresh and salt water flow from the same spring? Those that think it can deceive themselves. The truth is not in them.

I was nine years old and I didn't have a bible, I hadn't read a bible nor had anyone read me the bible.
smile.gif

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yep jiggyfly... people were saved by hearing the message and believing before the bible had ever been compiled... the message is simple... the message is Jesus...

And it's funny that people attribute that understanding to being anti-bible since it's the bible itself that testifies to that truth... haha

I would say not believing the testimonies to Jesus in the bible is when someone is in danger... and the bible clearly testifies that Jesus is the Word of God...

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
I was nine years old and I didn't have a bible, I hadn't read a bible nor had anyone read me the bible. :)

Care to elaborate? Are you saying at 9 years old you never heard of Jesus or the bible or of the salvation the bible teaches. If so you must have lived in a very remote location. If your old enough and went to school you probably said the pledge of allegiance. :) One country under God.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Jacob,
Once again your responding to what was never said...

jiggyfly never said they had never heard of Jesus nor did they say they had never heard of the bible or that it speaks of salvation... yet that's what you respond to instead of just responding to what they said...

I listen to what they say so I can actually respond to them instead of what's made up in my head...

Jiggyfly,
I can relate... when I was 9 years old I also had never read the bible nor had the bible read to me but I was taught to pray to Jesus because He loved me and was my salvation... and I was also taught that song, "Jesus loves me yes I know for the bible tells me so..."

So without ever reading the bible or having the bible read to me I understood Jesus was my savior and that He loved me and also that the bible existed and that it spoke of that salvation...

PS: To bring up the pledge of allegiance is funny... I'm pretty sure our Father in heaven doesn't want us pledging allegiance to a flag... He wants our allegiance to be with Him... but that's a whole other topic...

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Robbie you sound like you've been sniffing board wax. Jiggys comment leaves his testimony wide open and I did ask for clarification.

I was nine years old and I didn't have a bible, I hadn't read a bible nor had anyone read me the bible.
smile.gif

nor had anyone read him the bible. Sounds like Jesus appeared to him on the playground in person. Why not let Jiggy give some details.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding and Solomon studied... that doesn't mean when Solomon spoke or wrote it was God's Word or that Solomon understood perfectly...

Ecclesiastes is a book in the bible and I thank God it is but it's not God's Word... Jesus is...

Ecclesiastes was written with the wisdom from God! Solomon was a prophet of God. The Bible is the written word of God. All your explanations and feelings about it aren't going to demean it to merely man's own wisdom.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Love you Jacob and I forgive you for the condescending insults about me riding waves... but just so you know I moved out on my own when I was 14 because my Mom was a heroin addict and the Lord blessing me with the ability to ride waves was my job and how the Lord provided for me... so mock me all you want for riding waves but I give thanks and praises to the Most High for His gifts...

ALL GLORY TO HIM!!!

27052_1116913979032_1712471896_218363_6861930_n.jpg

5008_1018354795114_1712471896_31615_8343764_n.jpg

62491_1192343224716_1712471896_364638_7781102_n.jpg

As far as continuing to converse with you I see no reason... but I hope you're blessed and that the morning star rises in both our hearts completely...

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
As far as continuing to converse with you I see no reason... but I hope you're blessed and that the morning star rises in both our hearts completely...

That is hypocritical for you to say. You tell Jacob that he is being condescending, but then you turn around and say something as condescending as you hope the morning star rises in his heart completely. Just because you aren't sure about your relationship with Jesus...you don't need to transfer your doubt onto anyone else.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011

Don't forget your the one that butted in to defend Jiggy. Putting words in his mouth as well. I wasn't speaking to you. You took it upon yourself to butt in. Jiggy is the one that left his reply wide open for the reader to speculate about.

BTW sorry to hear about your mom. My mom and dad divorced when I was 11 my dad left and couldn't be found. Less than a year latter my mom hung her self in the basement of her dads house. She tore herself up "neck" before she died trying undo what she had done. So don't hand me your sorry story Im very familiar with tough times.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Anastacia...

Are you reading what Solomon wrote?

I mean... are you saying that everything he wrote is God's Word because what he's saying is in agreement with Jesus? or are you saying that everything he's saying is God's Word because that's what you've been told to believe and you're not willing to test the Spirit of what Solomon is saying by holding it to Jesus and seeing if it's in agreement?

I personally can't read what Solomon's saying and see it as truth... I can see the Ecclesiastes as 100% truth in that Solomon had a veiled revelation of God, was gifted with wisdom above measure... and was being completely honest about his doubts, fears, and feelings...

But I don't see Him agreeing with the only true revelation of the Father that's in Jesus... God's Word manifested in the flesh... His only begotten Son...

Jacob...

I didn't put any words in jiggyflys mouth... I only responded to what she wrote... I didn't assume anything beyond that... that's the key to actual communication... and my Mom's sober now and healed by the Lord... so not trying to hand you a sob story... my life has been amazing thanks to God... He brought me through everything... I was just pointing out that you were mocking a gift from God... thought you'd want to know...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Robbie,

May be you better just let it be.....only God can straighten out this kind of anger and hatred. I know it probably breaks your heart - it has broken mine in the past, but sometimes it is just best to move on and leave it to God. Your prayers for the sanctification of their hearts are what is needed now.

blessings

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Good word Aspen...

After Jacob mocked the gift I've received from God and told me it sounded like I'd been sniffing surf wax (which was actually kind of funny... haha) and Anastacia said I was a hypocrite for my response to that being that I hope he was blessed and that the morning star rose fully in both out hearts I was finished talking to both of them...

But yeah... I hope the best for all of us... may the Lord's Spirit just destroy any darkness in any of us... and His love fill all...

Thanks for the correction...