The Word of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Branham is another nut job who was visited numerous times by an angel he claimed since his childhood. A real whack job who was guided by demons. The word of faith false teachers are deceivers.

Matthew 24:23-27
Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man

Mark 13:22
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12
Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Revelation 13:13-14
He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life.

hope this helps !!!
It is characteristic of false prophets and teachers that all men speak well of them (Luke 6:26).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly am not following you around but I bring my answers in every relevant thread.
I think that perhaps you think too highly of yourself.
@BreadOfLife thought something similar and was also wrong about the issue.
Actually - I was spot-on about your obsession with me.
Your response to this post will confirm it since you supposedly have me on "ignore" . . .

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - I was spot-on about your obsession with me.
Your response to this post will confirm it since you supposedly have me on "ignore" . . .
said person has claimed God sent him here to be the pastor/teacher on this forum lol. we are all under his self made authority.

yikes................

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God actually hates the sinner (Psalms 5:5-6) and is angry with him every day (Psalms 7:11).
WRONG, as usual.
If God "hates" sinners - He would never have sent His Son to DIE for them . . .

1 Tim. 2:3-4

This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires ALL PEOPLE to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG, as usual.
If God "hates" sinners - He would never have sent His Son to DIE for them . . .

1 Tim. 2:3-4

This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires ALL PEOPLE to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Bingo we have a winner !

Reactions: BreadOfLife

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Delusions of grandeur . . .
Even if I was a pastor in real life with a congregation I would never go on a public forum and declare I'm a pastor and the participants are under my teaching and authority. Forums are for discussion, exchanging ideas, to learn from others and apologetics if that is your thing and witnessing if you get the opportunity.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual people are making their comments without even looking at the scriptures being referenced.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a pastor is not a place of high exaltation...

So no, it is not delusions of grandeur.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I do not fulfill the commission of pastor here then by all means reject my authority.

But if I am speaking sound doctrine in the authority of the Holy Ghost and on the authority of God's holy word, then accept the authority of these and heed what the Holy Spirit might want to say to you through me.

One thing I know...I cannot be identified as a false prophet because all men do not speak well of me (Luke 6:26).

example:

Delusions of grandeur . . .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like its a lofty position in the body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:11-13
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

hope this helps !!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like its a lofty position in the body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:11-13
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

hope this helps !!
However I know that I am called to this ministry; and your rejection of my authority as a pastor does not in any way diminish that authority.

There were even people who questioned Paul's authority as an apostle and his authority as an apostle was not diminished by this fact.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well, Branham had quite a fruitful ministry, so how was that strange fire?
When he remained in his prophetic calling he was moving in the will of God for him. It was when he moved out of his prophetic calling and tried to be a Bible teacher, which God did not commission him for, that when he offered "strange fire".

For some to describe the Charismatic movement as "strange fire" they are basing their view on a misquote of the Scripture involving Aaron's sons offering strange fire. The sons' sin was that they disobeyed the express instructions from God that only Aaron and the priests could conduct burned offerings to the Lord. The sons disobediently intruded where they had no right. So to accuse Charismatics of offering strange fire is insinuating that they are being disobedient to God. But most genuine Charismatics are worshiping and ministering on the basis of clear Scriptural foundations, and so the "strange fire" passage does not apply to them at all. If there are any who are denying God's Word and being disobedient to God it is the Cessationist who says that the supernatural gifts of the Spirit are not for today, but have no Scriptural authority to make that assertion.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However I know that I am called to this ministry; and your rejection of my authority as a pastor does not in any way diminish that authority.

There were even people who questioned Paul's authority as an apostle and his authority as an apostle was not diminished by this fact.
You said the Nazarene church rejected you as a pastor. Now you are denying that too ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said the Nazarene church rejected you as a pastor. Now you are denying that too ?
My calling is not of men but of God (John 15:16 is given to me).

There is also restoration for pastors who have fallen in the body of Christ.