The Word of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Indeed. It is also speaking of those who sin. For they are one and the same.
That must mean that God hates you and me, because we both sin at times, even without knowing it. Sin is transgression of the Law, and none of us can perfectly observe the law. But isn't that a contradiction? God can love us and hate us at the same time? What about the Scripture: "Christ became sin for us, so that we can become the righteousness of God in Christ"?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That must mean that God hates you and me, because we both sin at times, even without knowing it. Sin is transgression of the Law, and none of us can perfectly observe the law. But isn't that a contradiction? God can love us and hate us at the same time? What about the Scripture: "Christ became sin for us, so that we can become the righteousness of God in Christ"?
We have been delivered from the law as Christians (Romans 7:6) in order that we might walk in newness of spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

If we walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, we do not sin (the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us)...Romans 8:4.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Amen exalting Christ who is our great God and Savior as per Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1.

Yes. JESUS said: I and my Father are One. John 10:v.30

There is no salvation in any other: for there is none other NAME under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:v.12

Now unto the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, the only wise God, be Honour and Glory for ever and ever. Amen. 1Tim.1:v.17

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. Revelation 1:v.7

Exodus 19:v.9-11

9 - Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, ...

10 ... Go unto the people, and sanctify them to day and to morrow, and let them wash their clothes,

11 And be ready against the third day: for the third day the Lord will come down in the sight of all the people...

Amen

John 2:v.19 - JESUS said to the Jews: Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. (The Church is also His body)

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is transgression of the Law, and none of us can perfectly observe the law.

Yes, but why, and more importantly, when?

The answer is Romans 7:13, because of the sin nature. And when was that? The answer is before Christ's indwelling Spirit. Romans 8:2-9. When we are born again, the old sin nature is nailed to the cross, and we are given a new nature that partakes of the divine nature of Christ. 2 Peter 1:2-4, letting us escape the pollution of sin in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Christensen

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but why, and more importantly, when?

The answer is Romans 7:13, because of the sin nature. And when was that? The answer is before Christ's indwelling Spirit. Romans 8:2-9. When we are born again, the old sin nature is nailed to the cross, and we are given a new nature that partakes of the divine nature of Christ. 2 Peter 1:2-4, letting us escape the pollution of sin in the world.
where in the bible does it say that our old " SIN NATURE " was nailed to the cross ?

Chapter and verse please ?

Why do you add things to the bible that are not there ?

Do you have any reverence for the Word of God or only your doctrine ?

hope this helps !!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where in the bible does it say that our old " SIN NATURE " was nailed to the cross ?

Why do you add things to the bible that are not there ?

Do you have any reverence for the Word of God or only your doctrine ?

hope this helps !!!

I'm a woman so maybe you would receive better from a man. Here is from a male who said the same thing I would. You shouldn't ask me questions you don't want me to answer, and then attack me for answering like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

"The relation of the old self and the new self has been much disputed. Many hold that at salvation believers receive a new self but also keep the old self. Salvation thus becomes addition, not transformation...Such a view, however, is not precisely consistent with biblical teaching. At salvation the old self was done away with. 2 Corinthians 5:17 and Romans 6:6. Salvation is transformation—the old self is gone, replaced by the new self."

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a woman so maybe you would receive better from a man. Here is from a male who said the same thing I would. You shouldn't ask me questions you don't want me to answer, and then attack me for answering like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

"The relation of the old self and the new self has been much disputed. Many hold that at salvation believers receive a new self but also keep the old self. Salvation thus becomes addition, not transformation...Such a view, however, is not precisely consistent with biblical teaching. At salvation the old self was done away with. 2 Corinthians 5:17 and Romans 6:6. Salvation is transformation—the old self is gone, replaced by the new self."
I see nothing about the sinful nature as I thought but thanks for drive by anyways.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see nothing about the sinful nature as I thought but thanks for drive by anyways.

What, you didn't agree with him?

"The OLD SELF refers to the unregenerate nature, who we were when we were IN ADAM. It is not the dark side of a Jekyll-Hyde disposition. It is not half a dual temperament unique to Christians. It is not an `old nature' that battles with our new nature for control of our wills. It is simply who we used to be before we were born again. The old self is no more. It has been crucified, put off, laid aside"

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul claimed to be an apostle and his apostolic authority was also contested hotly by people in the church.
If I am doing one less than what Paul did and claiming to be a pastor, well, I can see why you would be all up in arms.
Because the things that I am preaching offend you.
You want to continue on in a lifestyle of sinning and I have been preaching that if anyone is born of God, they will not continue on in such a lifestyle.
So my preaching exposes you for what you are.
Thus the persecution and hatred.
I don't "hate" or "persecute" you.
I simply hold you accountable for your dishonest posts and wacky beliefs - and your obsession with me.

"Ignore" means to "shake the dust" from your sandals and move on.
You really need to move on . . .

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What, you didn't agree with him?

"The OLD SELF refers to the unregenerate nature, who we were when we were IN ADAM. It is not the dark side of a Jekyll-Hyde disposition. It is not half a dual temperament unique to Christians. It is not an `old nature' that battles with our new nature for control of our wills. It is simply who we used to be before we were born again. The old self is no more. It has been crucified, put off, laid aside"
why would I since we are discussing the " sinful nature " that mysteriously has disappeared off the face of the earth.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why would I since we are discussing the " sinful nature " that mysteriously has disappeared off the face of the earth.

Yes, that is what it means to be born again, all things have become new. We become partakers of the divine nature of Christ. That is why we cannot sin anymore than Christ could.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is what it means to be born again, all things have become new. We become partakers of the divine nature of Christ. That is why we cannot sin anymore than Christ could.

You have never answered this.....your silence speaks volumes.Why does God say that he will chastise His Children If Christians can no longer sin ?
Why does Peter talk about “ the Sin that so easily besets us”
Answer these questions or shut up about your Damnable Doctrine Of “ Sinless perfection”.... it’s a False, “ Perverted “ Gospel.....you know what happens to those that preach False Gospel? Read Galatians 1:8– it ain’t pretty.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have never answered this.....your silence speaks volumes.Why does God say that he will chastise His Children If Christians can no longer sin ?
Answer these questions or shut up about your Damnable Doctrine Of “ Sinless perfection”.... it’s a False, “ Perverted “ Gospel.....you know what happens to those that preach False Gospel? Read Galatians 1:8– it ain’t pretty.
yes the leaven of the self righteous pharisees rears its ugly head once again

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John 3:
4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

God provides the means to not sin, and if you willfully sin against your new nature, you will be chastised.

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Romans 6:
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

cc: @BreadOfLife and @Christophany

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24?

and your obsession with me.

You appear to be obsessed with me.

For the record, I do not have the ignore button on concerning you at present....but for the most part I do ignore posts by you that aren't directed at me.

Answer these questions or shut up about your Damnable Doctrine Of “ Sinless perfection”.... it’s a False, “ Perverted “ Gospel...

Chastisement produces the peaceable fruit of righteousness in those who are exercised thereby.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't "hate" or "persecute" you.
I simply hold you accountable for your dishonest posts and wacky beliefs
If anything I say isn't backed by holy scripture, feel free to disregard it...

But if it is, believe in it for the scripture's sake...or at least believe in the scriptures themselves.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anything I say isn't backed by holy scripture, feel free to disregard it...
But if it is, believe in it for the scripture's sake...or at least believe in the scriptures themselves.
MANY things you've claimed in our conversations aren't backed by Scripture.
They're only are backed by your perverted interpretations of Scripture.

BIG
difference.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:
4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

God provides the means to not sin, and if you willfully sin against your new nature, you will be chastised.

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Romans 6:
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

cc: @BreadOfLife and @Christophany

That's not what you said.....you said a Christian could no more commit a sin than Jesus himself could....
Once again, this “ Fairy Tale Christianity” that you have dreamed up stems from a Willfull ignorance of Hebrews 10...... you refuse to learn the simple truth about it and every day you pay for it—- you don’t even realize it....continue in your delusion.....I hope Newbies to the Faith are Given the Wisdom to “ Properly Divide” God’s Word.....you don’t even make an effort......it’s easier to hang on to a life- long mistake and all the twisting of scripture that you have done ...you are as comfortable as a blind Pharisee , and+just like them, “ by your Traditions you make void the Word Of God”

Reactions: HisLife