The word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

He can but He has a voice than men refuse to listen to,that is not His doing. And another wheel that goes round and round.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

but still the people refuse to listen...
Is Revelation 3:20 scripture? If so, then God speaks through it.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
He can but He has a voice than men refuse to listen to,that is not His doing. And another wheel that goes round and round.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

but still the people refuse to listen...

You are taking that verse from Revelation out of context. God through the Holy Spirit does reside in believers but where do you get that it's God speaking to you when those wicked spirits decieve you?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are taking that verse from Revelation out of context. God through the Holy Spirit does reside in believers but where do you get that it's God speaking to you when those wicked spirits decieve you?
Well He does, can He help it that people wont listen... That bit about " God doesnt speak to us anymore" , so He cant because you told Him He cant, and HE wont go against yours or anyone elses will.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Well He does, can He help it that people wont listen... That bit about " God doesnt speak to us anymore" , so He cant because you told Him He cant, and HE wont go against yours or anyone elses will.
Let's make a distinction here. God will speak to us for personal fellowship and direction for our lives, but he will not add to what is complete in scripture. As a matter of fact he curses those who do.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let's make a distinction here. God will speak to us for personal fellowship and direction for our lives, but he will not add to what is complete in scripture. As a matter of fact he curses those who do.
Never said HE did but

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

and again

Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

and again

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

so you see He has much more to say, just people dont listen, and stuck God in a book , wont let Him out.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ow can anyone truly honour the Lord Jesus if s/he disregards the Word of God?
you cant John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. Jesus is the Living word. i have a friend claims salvation loves Jesus but the Bible is written by a man not inspired < most likely lost>

Reactions: Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
you cant John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. Jesus is the Living word. i have a friend claims salvation loves Jesus but the Bible is written by a man not inspired < most likely lost>
He is the living Word and the subject of the written Word.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word is also spirit because God is Spirit. The word is Spirit and truth. It is the Spirit of the word that avails us.
this is 100% correct.
the word is "TRUTH", JESUS said that he is the "TRUTH", because the Spirit of "TRUTH" the Comforter is JESUS the Christ in flesh, (John 14:17). so his words are TRUE.

and again you're 100% correct, he "avails us", for he is called the "HELPER" or the "Advocate" or "MEDIATOR" for us.

Good Spiritual eyes to see that.

Be Blessed.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word is also spirit because God is Spirit. The word is Spirit and truth. It is the Spirit of the word that avails us. But our default always switches back to the letter of the word. but oh my gosh how awesome when you have those moments where you see the spirit of the word. It is as if...You see everything at once and you suddenly know everything while simultaneously knowing nothing. And sometime later, you try to recall that moment where everything was Crystal clear, but you cant. It's very bizarre....
Another awesome thing is to realize that even if you have a good memory, if the Holy Spirit has spoken through you...the memory of what is said is somehow more dim and fleeting than other memories. Just awesome - confirming, actually!

Reactions: mjrhealth