The word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.

At this time where we choose to remember Christ's birth, Let's also remember that he is the word in flesh. If someone says they love Jesus but don't love the word, then they don't really love Jesus. Jesus and the word are one and the same.

Merry Christmas.

Reactions: Dave L

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good thought... as long as we don't begin thinking the Bible is actually The Word. Rather than that it is simply a book that testifies OF Him.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

A good thought... as long as we don't begin thinking the Bible is actually The Word. Rather, it is simply a book that testifies OF Him.
“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63) (KJV 1900)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word is also spirit because God is Spirit. The word is Spirit and truth. It is the Spirit of the word that avails us. But our default always switches back to the letter of the word. but oh my gosh how awesome when you have those moments where you see the spirit of the word. It is as if...You see everything at once and you suddenly know everything while simultaneously knowing nothing. And sometime later, you try to recall that moment where everything was Crystal clear, but you cant. It's very bizarre....

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63) (KJV 1900)
We do have to remember that more than 75% of the words in the Bible (KJV) are not those that Jesus spoke. And He did, specifically, say "words He spoke", not just words written in Scripture. I think if He had meant that, He would have said that.

D

Dave L

We do have to remember that more than 75% of the words in the Bible (KJV) are not those that Jesus spoke. And He did, specifically, say "words He spoke", not just words written in Scripture. I think if He had meant that, He would have said that.
The meanings (Spirit) of the words remain the same even if the words are a translation.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The meanings (Spirit) of the words remain the same even if the words are a translation.
??????
I think you might be totally missing what I am saying. My point is that many of us have come to worship that book so much that we have honestly made binding doctrines out of many things only casually mentioned. Thus, we need to be careful in thinking that book is Jesus (The Word).

D

Dave L

I think you might be totally missing what I am saying. My point is that many of us have come to worship that book so much that we have honestly made doctrine out of many things only casually mentioned. Thus, we need to be careful in thinking that book is Jesus (The Word).
We receive the Holy Spirit through the written word just as they did at Pentecost. Instead of first spoken in tongues, we have the same tongues messages interpreted and written in the NT.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We receive the Holy Spirit through the written word just as they did at Pentecost. Instead of first spoken in tongues, we have the same tongues messages interpreted and written in the NT.
I do keep forgetting that I was once also CoC.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We do have to remember that more than 75% of the words in the Bible (KJV) are not those that Jesus spoke.
How did you arrive at this conclusion? The words of Scripture are the words of the Holy Spirit, and the words of the Spirit are also the words of Christ and God. Every word in the original manuscripts was a word of God, given by divine inspiration to the prophets, evangelists, and apostles.

And here are the words of Christ (quoted from Deuteronomy 8:3), so that there would be no misunderstanding: It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Mt 4:4)
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

In order to make this even plainer read and study Luke 24, where Scripture is shown to be the written Word of God. Then we have the words of Paul, also given by divine inspiration:

2 TIMOTHY 3
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
[Gk theopneustos = God-breathed] and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect,
[complete] throughly furnished unto all good works.

Reactions: teamventure

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.

At this time where we choose to remember Christ's birth, Let's also remember that he is the word in flesh. If someone says they love Jesus but don't love the word, then they don't really love Jesus. Jesus and the word are one and the same.

Merry Christmas.
How can anyone truly honour the Lord Jesus if s/he disregards the Word of God?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
How did you arrive at this conclusion? The words of Scripture are the words of the Holy Spirit, and the words of the Spirit are also the words of Christ and God. Every word in the original manuscripts was a word of God, given by divine inspiration to the prophets, evangelists, and apostles.

And here are the words of Christ (quoted from Deuteronomy 8:3), so that there would be no misunderstanding: It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Mt 4:4)
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

In order to make this even plainer read and study Luke 24, where Scripture is shown to be the written Word of God. Then we have the words of Paul, also given by divine inspiration:

2 TIMOTHY 3
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
[Gk theopneustos = God-breathed] and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect,
[complete] throughly furnished unto all good works.

Thank You Enoch. I'm glad we can make clear what is clear in scripture in this thread. I wish others weren't decieved.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We receive the Holy Spirit from God, where do you get your fables from???? And you a teacher, who doesnt hear from God??? Sorry doesnt want to hear from God....

D

Dave L

We receive the Holy Spirit from God, where do you get your fables from???? And you a teacher, who doesnt hear from God??? Sorry doesnt want to hear from God....

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17) (KJV 1900)

“But as for the seed that landed on good soil, these are the ones who, after hearing the word, cling to it with an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with steadfast endurance.” (Luke 8:15) (NET)

“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” (1 Peter 1:23) (KJV 1900)

“This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?” (Galatians 3:2) (KJV 1900)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A good thought... as long as we don't begin thinking the Bible is actually The Word. Rather than that it is simply a book that testifies OF Him.

Yes. Jesus is not the "words" plural. I believe the truth of it goes beyond what we moderns can fathom....the word that was made flesh is the Hebrew word YHVH. Immanu el.

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a word: but the honour of kings is to search out a word.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17) (KJV 1900)

“But as for the seed that landed on good soil, these are the ones who, after hearing the word, cling to it with an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with steadfast endurance.” (Luke 8:15) (NET)

“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” (1 Peter 1:23) (KJV 1900)

“This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?” (Galatians 3:2) (KJV 1900)
Oh you know the bible , now if you will but listen,

Heb_12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

How can God speak top a man who refuses to listen... If you refuse to believe that God can speak to men, than it is not His Spirit you are listening to

D

Dave L

Oh you know the bible , now if you will but listen,

Heb_12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

How can God speak top a man who refuses to listen... If you refuse to believe that God can speak to men, than it is not His Spirit you are listening to
God speaks only through scripture. You are entering the Devil's domain chasing after extra-biblical revelations like Saul did.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God speaks only through scripture. You are entering the Devil's domain chasing after extra-biblical revelations like Saul did.
He can but He has a voice than men refuse to listen to,that is not His doing. And another wheel that goes round and round.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

but still the people refuse to listen...