The Work and the Person of the Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead. All that come to Christ as repentant sinners are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Jesus and God the Father are present in the Holy Spirit. They are all present in each other, however, their works are different. God the Father remains in heaven. God the Son is the savior. God the Holy Spirit magnifies the work of the Son and works in the life of the believer. They are all in perfect unity with each other. The only time that all three were present at once was when Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.

Jesus said, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; (nor will one that is indwelt with the Spirit) but whatsoever that he hears, that shall he speak: for he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of me , and shall show it unto you. All things that the Father has are mine: therefore, said I, that he shall take of me, and shall show it unto you" John 16:13-15.

Please notice where Jesus said of the Holy Spirit "He shall glorify me" This is very important. If it doesn't glorify Jesus it is probably not worth anything. Most false religions do not glorify Jesus, instead they glorify Satan. Subjective holiness religions are about something other than Jesus. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ, his life, his death, his resurrection. Religion is about you. Your life, your death to sin, Your victory over sin, you, you, you. Many will be in "Lord, Lord, didn't I group" Matthew 7:21-23.

Dr. Jonathan Österman

Jan 5, 2024
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sinners are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Jesus and God the Father are present in the Holy Spirit.

Christian mystical Non-Duality means that we, as sinners, have never been separated from God, because the kingdom of God has always been deep within us (Luke 17:20–21). We have been children of God all along, and forever after, and God will never disown us, despite naturally being, like a loving mother, compassionately angry with us whenever we happen to harm ourselves with our sins, and threatening us with eternal Hell to sober us up. Because, being spiritually immature, we all, in essence, live lives of the prodigal son (or daughter) from the Biblical parable, God being a stern, but loving and forgiving Father, has been kindly allowing us to keep reincarnating for as long as we need in order to purify our mind by spiritually growing in our unconditional Love for all living creatures, including all the Buddhists, because Christ urged us to love even our enemies. For in God’s Heaven, there is only Divine Love and perfect harmony, all revelling in the Non-Dual divine Glory of God’s Holy Light.

Be still, and know that I am God. — Psalms 46:10

When our mind calmly meditates, we abide in stillness, in the silent presence of the occult Holy Light of the Omnipresent mind of God, and in the Holy Peace of God, which surpasses our conceptual thinking and understanding (Philippians 4:7), and thus we become more and more Enlightened by allowing our mind to gently and humbly bask in the glory of God’s all-pervading mystical Holy Light of His divine radiant luminous consciousness that is also hidden deep within our own mind being our True Self and our birth-right to have eternal life in God’s Heaven with our Lord Jesus Christ. We all are children of God’s Holy Light, including all the Buddhists, because the kingdom of God is within us all.

All of the above will be revealed also to you directly by God himself in your simple Christian meditation, which we discuss in the following thread on this forum:

https://www.christianityboard.com/threads/christian-meditation-and-interfaith-dialog.60309/

914moujbwrl._ac_uf10001000_ql80_.jpg

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian mystical Non-Duality means that we, as sinners, have never been separated from God, because the kingdom of God has always been deep within us (Luke 17:20–21). We have been children of God all along, and forever after, and God will never disown us, despite naturally being, like a loving mother, compassionately angry with us whenever we happen to harm ourselves with our sins, and threatening us with eternal Hell to sober us up. Because, being spiritually immature, we all, in essence, live lives of the prodigal son (or daughter) from the Biblical parable, God being a stern, but loving and forgiving Father, has been kindly allowing us to keep reincarnating for as long as we need in order to purify our mind by spiritually growing in our unconditional Love for all living creatures, including all the Buddhists, because Christ urged us to love even our enemies. For in God’s Heaven, there is only Divine Love and perfect harmony, all revelling in the Non-Dual divine Glory of God’s Holy Light.

Be still, and know that I am God. — Psalms 46:10

When our mind calmly meditates, we abide in stillness, in the silent presence of the occult Holy Light of the Omnipresent mind of God, and in the Holy Peace of God, which surpasses our conceptual thinking and understanding (Philippians 4:7), and thus we become more and more Enlightened by allowing our mind to gently and humbly bask in the glory of God’s all-pervading mystical Holy Light of His divine radiant luminous consciousness that is also hidden deep within our own mind being our True Self and our birth-right to have eternal life in God’s Heaven with our Lord Jesus Christ. We all are children of God’s Holy Light, including all the Buddhists, because the kingdom of God is within us all.

All of the above will be revealed also to you directly by God himself in your simple Christian meditation, which we discuss in the following thread on this forum:

https://www.christianityboard.com/threads/christian-meditation-and-interfaith-dialog.60309/

View attachment 39577
If you don't come to Christ as a repentant sinner and call on Christ to save you, you will be eternally lost.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead. All that come to Christ as repentant sinners are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Jesus and God the Father are present in the Holy Spirit. They are all present in each other, however, their works are different. God the Father remains in heaven. God the Son is the savior. God the Holy Spirit magnifies the work of the Son and works in the life of the believer. They are all in perfect unity with each other. The only time that all three were present at once was when Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.

Jesus said, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; (nor will one that is indwelt with the Spirit) but whatsoever that he hears, that shall he speak: for he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of me , and shall show it unto you. All things that the Father has are mine: therefore, said I, that he shall take of me, and shall show it unto you" John 16:13-15.

Please notice where Jesus said of the Holy Spirit "He shall glorify me" This is very important. If it doesn't glorify Jesus it is probably not worth anything. Most false religions do not glorify Jesus, instead they glorify Satan. Subjective holiness religions are about something other than Jesus. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ, his life, his death, his resurrection. Religion is about you. Your life, your death to sin, Your victory over sin, you, you, you. Many will be in "Lord, Lord, didn't I group" Matthew 7:21-23.
Hello, No Robert we disagree.

Love, Walter

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, No Robert we disagree.

Love, Walter
What is it that you disagree?

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it that you disagree?

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead?

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead?
No Sir, not the way you are speaking of a Godhead.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Sir, not the way you are speaking of a Godhead.

The Bible teaches that God is three persons in one.

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the word (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit: and these three are one" 1 John 5:7.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches that God is three persons in one.

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the word (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit: and these three are one" 1 John 5:7.
The Bible to our understanding doesn't speak of such as three persons, but I do not believe Jesus was speaking about the Godhead.

One other place in the Bible is in

Matthew 28:18-19

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Read full chapter

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible to our understanding doesn't speak of such as three persons, but I do not believe Jesus was speaking about the Godhead.

One other place in the Bible is in

Matthew 28:18-19​

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Read full chapter
What do you think 1 John 5:7 is saying?

Try this. "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, AND THE WORD WAS GOD" John 1:1. We should always allow the Bible to dictate what we believe. There are other scriptures that prove Jesus is God.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What it says is that you are wrong.
The scripture can not be broken, which has been proven in post-11 and

1 John 5:6-13​

The Assurance Of Salvation​

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Read full chapter

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture can not be broken, which has been proven in post-11 and

1 John 5:6-13​

The Assurance Of Salvation​

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Read full chapter
The Bible plainly says that Jesus is God, John 1:1.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible plainly says that Jesus is God, John 1:1.
Jesus said: John 4:24 GOD is a Spirit ....., also Paul said: 1 Timothy 3:16

1 Timothy 3:16

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Read full chapter

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said: John 4:24 GOD is a Spirit ....., also Paul said: 1 Timothy 3:16

1 Timothy 3:16​

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Read full chapter
Philip said to Jesus, "Lord show us the Father and we will be satisfied."
Jesus said to Philip, "If you had known me, you should have known the Father also: henceforth you know him, and have seen him." Have I been so long time with you, and yet you don't know me, Philip? He that has seen me has seen the Father, why do you say then show us the Father?" John 14:7-9.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philip said to Jesus, "Lord show us the Father and we will be satisfied."
Jesus said to Philip, "If you had known me, you should have known the Father also: henceforth you know him, and have seen him." Have I been so long time with you, and yet you don't know me, Philip? He that has seen me has seen the Father, why do you say then show us the Father?" John 14:7-9.

Matthew 16:13-20

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 16:13-20​

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
So, you think that the Bible is full of contradictions? Good luck with that.