The Work of Faith: Hope of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
no, i did not, hmm
Only those that wanted to belong to the family of Abraham.
If strangers, those NOT Hebrew wanted to belong to that family, then THEY also needed to be circumcised like the adhering Hebrews.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is the kingdom here the man, or the field, do you think? Are tares souls, or thoughts/deeds that evince separation?

well, I was using the parable to make a point to GodsGrace that God sowed good seed in the earth, and the devil came along and sowed bad seed: People. But you have brought up a very interesting perspective. I haven't read or asked Him if what you brought to light is true or not. It is strange to say God slept and the enemy came along to sow bad seed. It isn't strange to stay "And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept..." This was no ordinary sleep and is a "deep sleep" mentioned several times in the word.

What is the seed? The word.
What is the ground: mans heart.
"His seed remains in you."

(Luke 8)
A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.
And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.
And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.
And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

John 8: 37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

John 15: 3 "Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you."

What doesn't burn in the fire and remains?

Thank you, bbyrd009 for sharing. I am not saying it is right or wrong but deserves more attention and prayer; because that would change the "bad people" were sown perspective. Instead "bad thoughts" contrary to God's will and against Him were sown in man's heart.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a price to be paid to belong to the Kingdom.
Have you studied the Kingdom? I have. I feel that if every Christian knew this concept, it would make for a much better world.

Maybe a thread on it???

Why not...Go for it!! :)

Reactions: GodsGrace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ha i love the Book, the way It puts things; there is always another perspective, often indicated by its absence imo. Isn't grace something you give to ppl? i mean granted you must also be able to receive it, ya
is not that what i said?

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GodsGrace

What's a spiritual dog?
A dog is one type of beast. All of us were born beasts or people with beastly natures.

"I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts." Ecc 3:18

All of us as believers and followers of Jesus are to be killing our beasts so as to become like Him.

"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:1-2

So long as our beasts live, how like Him can we be?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace

A dog is one type of beast. All of us were born beasts or people with beastly natures.

"I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts." Ecc 3:18

All of us as believers and followers of Jesus are to be killing our beasts so as to become like Him.

"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:1-2

So long as our beasts live, how like Him can we be?
Re the sin nature.
I must say that I do see a difference between "us" and the world.
Don't you?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see, alla these guys have that already, right
qh45rgnv3gqz.jpg

A couple of months ago I watched this documentary on these pyramids that were built to worship "a God". These people went through a life time of work. Every layer of stone were actual tombs with human remains, the next layer set upon it, then the next upon it. Under the pyramid was a water source that looked like a water pool where they would go down to a chamber to sacrifice to what they referred to as "the God" of the deep. These people were serious and dedicated. Out of all the ancient people with all their different beliefs, all the way throughout history, all the different religions and cultures; I began to think: what makes me, someone so small and insignificant and common...believe I have the right God? What makes the God I know...The One True God? That is what the "know" in 1 John 5:13 means to me,

It is not about my being certain of me.
It is my being certain of Him.
I will doubt myself countless times.
I never doubt Him.
That is the confidence. Him.

1 John 5:13
[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Last edited:

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
A couple of months ago I watched this documentary on these pyramids that were built to worship "a God". These people went through a life time of work. Every layer of stone were actual tombs with human remains, the next layer set upon it, then the next upon it. Under the pyramid was a water source that looked like a water pool where they would go down to a chamber to sacrifice to what they referred to as "the God" of the deep. These people were serious and dedicated. Out of all the ancient people with all their different beliefs, all the way throughout history, all the different religions and cultures; I began to think: what makes me, someone so small and insignificant and common...believe I have the right God? What makes the God I know...The One True God? That is what the "know" in 1 John 5:13 means to me,

It is not about my being certain of me.
It is my being certain of Him.
I will doubt myself countless times.
I never doubt Him.
That is the confidence. Him.

1 John 5:13
[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Thank you for sharing that VictoryinJesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"
The Hebrews considered hope a virtue because it emphasized an inevitable blissful future. Using imagery from the creation account, Solomon submitted that hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desired thing comes about, it is a tree of life (Proverbs 13:12), and Paul went so far as to connect hope to a knowing for certain of things that awaits humanity in its inescapable future (Hebrews 11:1). In other words: whether hope is a good thing depends entirely on whether good times are expected. By saying that hope is good, we confirm that God is taking care of us. By stating that hope is bad, we confirm that we better rebel against whatever supreme being or natural force put us here.

Hesiod sang that after Pandora had opened the jar only Hope was left within it, and she remained in the jar "and did not fly away" because Pandora replaced the lid of the jar. Later reports on Hope depicted her as a young woman, and two centuries before Alexander would drive his armies into Persia, the prophet Zechariah foretold how a woman named Wickedness captured in an ephah (a jar of roughly 20 liters) was flown to Shinar on the wings of a stork (חסידה, hasida, from the verb חסד, hasad, meaning to be good or kind) where a temple for her would be constructed (Zechariah 5:5-11). Whatever Zechariah precisely meant with that may not be wholly clear to a modern reader, but it would probably be crystal clear to a contemporary Homeric scholar..." The amazing name Homer: meaning and etymology